Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s called Rudy then. Not what I expected. I thought it would be Jude. I know a few Rudy’s not that keen.

Reactions: 8
How long before she realises Rudy is just as ridiculous as Grey and starts saying HIS and HIM instead of using his name. Why do some adults (particularly celebs and influenzas) name kids in such a self indulgent way?!

Reactions: 14
Not a fan of the name. Hated it since secondary school when a girl in my class was named Rudy and she wasn't too nice lol. Not that I will ever ever use the name but it suits a girl way better in my opinion. Can't imagine dating a guy named Rudy 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh poo, I quite like that song. Ruined now ;)
Went to watch the video on Youtube as it had been ages since I had last seen it. One of the comments says that 'Rudy' does not refer to a person, but is Jamaican slang for 'rude boy'. That made me laugh far more than it should, I hope it wipes the smug 'my taste in music is far better than yours' smile off her face.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't think the name is terrible. Compared to Grey anyway.
I agree - don’t hate the name but does have negative connotations of being a rude-y which fits Lily’s terrible vocab. And fits the doom and gloom name theme she’s gone with: Grey and Rude-y (aka naughty)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree - don’t hate the name but does have negative connotations of being a rude-y which fits Lily’s terrible vocab. And fits the doom and gloom name theme she’s gone with: Grey and Rude-y (aka naughty)
Lily's Moody with Grey and Rude-y 😂 .

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Is Smithy's sister in Gavin and Stacey called Rudy? I don't hate the name either. It's cute for a baby and it's unusual without being totally off the wall. It kind of highlights how awful his sister's name is though. There's just nothing positive to say about the name Grey for a little girl. Maybe they have already changed it to Grace or something else in real life and that's why lily doesn't say it that often.

Reactions: 18
Is Smithy's sister in Gavin and Stacey called Rudy? I don't hate the name either. It's cute for a baby and it's unusual without being totally off the wall. It kind of highlights how awful his sister's name is though. There's just nothing positive to say about the name Grey for a little girl. Maybe they have already changed it to Grace or something else in real life and that's why lily doesn't say it that often.
She's called Ruth, but calls herself Rudy (or Smithy). Sad that I know such stuff isn't it....fml.

Reactions: 10
Rudy is a much more normal name than most of us were thinking which isn't a bad thing. I also thought Rudy Giuliani which I'm sure Rich at least is aware of but I stand by my assessment that these two are future if not current Tory voters so they don't mind.

I have a feeling this was a compromise name and the name(s) Lily truly liked were vetoed by Rich but who knows.

I do think her son will most resemble Lily (therefore he will be a Lionel #2)

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.