Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must have missed this, what is she referring to? Most 70 year olds I know are quite young for their age....
Sorry it’s a comment on her stories about her parents’s house renovation. Really 70 is not old these days but it’s fair to assume it’s more than likely their last house so mentioning “adding value” just gives me the ick.

Reactions: 14
I have a tendency to becoming fixated on needing the ‘next’ thing in my life and while I don’t expressly think these words it does essentially amount to ‘if only I had x I would be happy/better/satisfied etc’. Even though I logically know this is not the case (because if it were the last x would have achieved that, right?).

Anyway. It’s an ongoing inner challenge. I have come a long way with it and can hand on heart say it’s been helpful for me to watch Lily over the years because she is walking proof that there is literally nothing on gods planet that will make you happy or satisfied if you are not already happy or satisfied within.

You will just be the same unhappy, dissatisfied, miserable person with the healthy baby, big house, Chanel bag, free sofa, garden, framed map of The Thames in gold leaf (I really like that lol), disposable income, holidays, expensive skincare, etc etc etc etc. Thanks for the lesson

Reactions: 41
I think you are being hard on yourself, I think it’s a trap most people fall into and like you said it’s a subconscious feeling that if you had X or Y you’d feel better. Ironically in Lily’s case her job as a marketer is to make you feel that way so that you will buy X or Y.

Reactions: 10
Her parent’s home looks beautiful. Lily clearly didn’t inherit her mother’s good genes or her god taste in interiors. She must be fuming

Reactions: 13
Shit, where's this one from? I have one. Does Lily have one, i.e. do I need to burn it?
You don't, because it's not something Lily herself chose, it was #kindlygifted, if I remember correctly. So it's not like she had anything to do with it.

Reactions: 13
The "is it terminal?!" took me out
Yes, yes she is terminal with permanent bitcharitis privilegious

Reactions: 33
She likes being at her parents house because she can be the baby again.

Reactions: 33
Ahh Jesus, Lily just hop off and have the baby. This excruciating attempt at content is embarrassing you and us.

We don't want to see your parents house.

Off you go now. Come back never.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.