Lily Pebbles #29 Climbing the stairway to beggin’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK you ladies with experience will need to give me some pointers how to express my dissatisfaction, to the point of disgust, to Guylian about hiring Lily for this ad. They are my absolutely favourite chocolates and I need to compensate for the very bad feeling I have about them right now, otherwise I will think about it every time I eat them. And I may have bought 6 boxes last time they were on offer, of which I still have three left 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Like what, she really thinks that a happy marriage means 50/50 everything. A happy marriage is when your husband says nothing when you eat all your husband’s chocolate, and he went out and buy you more. LILY YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED.
On a serious note, you can just tell how desperate she is to be the perfect couple by showing off her ring and smile. Too late

OK you ladies with experience will need to give me some pointers how to express my dissatisfaction, to the point of disgust, to Guylian about hiring Lily for this ad. They are my absolutely favourite chocolates and I need to compensate for the very bad feeling I have about them right now, otherwise I will think about it every time I eat them. And I may have bought 6 boxes last time they were on offer, of which I still have three left 😋
Tell them you will buy forrero rocher now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
It is very revealing that she thinks arguments over sharing food are normal in a marriage. It is extremely childish. My husband and I always want the other person to have the food they want, because we actually like each other? And it's just food?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Could they pick a more UNflaterring video/ filter?? The ad is so grey / beige...SAD...
Whoever has been following Lily and Rich for years can see how miserable they look...This ad was so painful to watch..
Repeating myself but they are such a young couple and look so blah.....So weird!

Reactions: 18
I can’t even understand how she got the ad approved. It was invented by Guy and Liliane and she didn’t even get that correct!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I’ve messaged Guylian. Her advert is poor and I’d be very embarrassed if this was my company. I like that this is how she’s decided to celebrate her anniversary online. Good. Job. Shilly.

Reactions: 24
I can’t even understand how she got the ad approved. It was invented by Guy and Liliane and she didn’t even get that correct!
Omg you are right 💀💀💀
IMG_20211020_223831.jpg

Our marketing genius. So clever.

Guylian uk posted her reel and shared sher stories in case some of you are in the mood to express your disappointment re their poor marketing choices.

I’ve messaged Guylian. Her advert is poor and I’d be very embarrassed if this was my company. I like that this is how she’s decided to celebrate her anniversary online. Good. Job. Shilly.
Right behind you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Wow. A quick Google would have provided her with the correct details and she couldn't even be bothered to do that. Useless! I can't see how the company can be happy with her ad!

Reactions: 21
Like what, she really thinks that a happy marriage means 50/50 everything. A happy marriage is when your husband says nothing when you eat all your husband’s chocolate, and he went out and buy you more. LILY YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED.
On a serious note, you can just tell how desperate she is to be the perfect couple by showing off her ring and smile. Too late

Tell them you will buy forrero rocher now
Yes! This was such a weird take on what is really amazing chocolate. Plus the errors! And absolute ignorance behind the brand story!

Seems like it’s a favorite of quite a few of us on here, so I’d wager that since it’s so well-liked and it’s kind of a special chocolate, there are some lovely memories that accompany every box of Guylian. My grandmother always kept a box in her desk drawer, so it always reminds me of her sharing a sneaky choccie with me.

Lily’s creative concept is about how she doesn’t share. Its crappy and unrelatable and doesn’t signify a healthy marriage at all, but at least it’s on brand for her?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Also who wants to bet that Victoria Beckham freebies was meant for Anna but since she's still on leave? I know all brands are struggling atm but I guess many of them are desperate to have any type of exposure these days.

Reactions: 9
I grew up in Holland close to the Belgium border and always thought these chocolates are boring, only given as gifts to those you don't really know or care enough about ;) who calls chocolate 'top tier' and not 'my favourites' anyway? She is just so odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I grew up in Holland close to the Belgium border and always thought these chocolates are boring, only given as gifts to those you don't really know or care enough about ;) who calls chocolate 'top tier' and not 'my favourites' anyway? She is just so odd.
„Top tier“ is another example for weird „trendy“ influencer language. Just like they personize every piece of clothing to a „she“. That’s technically not her fault. As usual she’s just a blind trend follower. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
one Christmas a cousin who is loaded but hates us bought a HUGE box of these chocs for our family of five. We ate all of the proper choc and selection box stuff first. New year came and the Guylian was all that was left. I remember the box being left open on the piano in the dining room. We'd all reluctantly grab one as we passed by. None of us have eaten them since haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Okay, I am only engaged at the moment, getting married next spring, so I don't know if I can really comment but... How is being married for 5 years considered "a successful marriage"? To me, that's almost nothing, so I would not really get tips from anyone at that stage.

Also, cannot relate to the "chocolate fuelled arguments" one bit (my fiancé and I always insist on letting the other one have the last piece) but hey, I'm not a London mum.

Reactions: 32
It’s a cut throat life being a London mum. They’ll shiv you for the last chocolate.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I just don’t understand her views, especially those on marriage. Where’s the love & the compassion?
I personally hate sharing certain foods (remnants of an ED), but I’ve worked very hard to get over that and I enjoy sharing food with my husband (4 years married). And when we get things meant for sharing, we share them. And, like many have said, we often go back and forth over who lets the other have the last. We did so last night — we tore the food in Half and shared it. I wonder if her lack of willingness to share is why HER has to eat at a different time, so lily can control the food on her (lily not child’s) plate.
We even did a lot of DIY yesterday and not a single fight between us.
Her life is so boring and small she needs to invent struggle and difficulties and invite fights in order to have something to moan about. It much be exhausting being her and living with her.

Reactions: 27
I just don’t understand her views, especially those on marriage. Where’s the love & the compassion?
I personally hate sharing certain foods (remnants of an ED), but I’ve worked very hard to get over that and I enjoy sharing food with my husband (4 years married). And when we get things meant for sharing, we share them. And, like many have said, we often go back and forth over who lets the other have the last. We did so last night — we tore the food in Half and shared it. I wonder if her lack of willingness to share is why HER has to eat at a different time, so lily can control the food on her (lily not child’s) plate.
We even did a lot of DIY yesterday and not a single fight between us.
Her life is so boring and small she needs to invent struggle and difficulties and invite fights in order to have something to moan about. It much be exhausting being her and living with her.
I believe she has said that Grey eats at a different time because if she eats with them she wants everything off her (Lily's) plate. I could be wrong but I'm sure I've heard her mention something like that.

With my kids if they wanted to try food on my plate I say go for it! Being positive around food is so important to build a healthy relationship with it. Though come to think of it 9 times out of 10 our meals are the same anyway 🤷‍♀️ (for context my eldest is 2 and 3/4 yo).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.