Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LottieRouge12

The Special K ad - Lily posted a vlog with step by step instructions how to eat the cereal.

Tldr; she was too greedy to turn down an ill-fitting promotion and it was everyone else’s fault
The twitter screenshots of Lily lamenting on the "feedback" she's received on the Special K job say alot. Did she never have a performance evaluation at work? Influencers for better or worse, capitalized and sold their privacy - no more, no less. No one asked them to, they CHOSE to share what the inside of their homes look like, their spouses/family as well as personal moments such as holidays, birthdays, eating habits, pregnancy and births. They did this because they made mad money on a schedule that is quite frankly insulting when you think of mid-level career directors in the NHS or even nurses who will never make as much money nor own their homes the way these influencers do nor have the generous work/life balance that influencers have. However that mad money and generous lifestyle came at a price. I'm not advocating or defending people who are abusive online but feedback is not the same as abuse. I understand that the feedback one receives can be take a toll for many influencers but again no one forced them to capitalize on their private life and they did so and continue to do so for a reason. Lily could have honestly answered why she chose to do that Special K job and instead she got defensive b/c she did it purely for money which was obvious to her viewers and she hates the fact that she got "caught". Influencers can always go get a regular job where they can have their privacy and no one can give them feedback on their lives and tbf some have. However Lily (and many influencers - Anna included) will only quit once it's no longer lucrative to be an influencer and not a moment sooner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Ivegotatheory

Chatty Member
If I was cutting orange into segments like that, I’d leave the peel on too….I did a lot of sports, and we were always given oranges with the peel on.

• Heart
  • Wow

jaymie

VIP Member
Nah my money is with Lily not knowing diet coke have no sugar.

Okay I am also that snob that only drink regular coke because diet/ zero taste absolutely rank and yes, you can tell the difference

Readinginks

VIP Member
Just a couple of days after she had her kitchen redone (only three years after it had been built) she’s off to find other things to complain about and be jealous of. I really don’t think she can ever find happiness in anything she has.

I also don’t know who she has as reference for these fabulous holidays abroad. I don’t know anyone going abroad this or last year, unless it’s for family reasons. I’m going home in August for the first time since Christmas 2019, only because my elderly parents need me. She really doesn’t have a realistic frame of reference how the world works beyond her own narrow circle.

• Heart

Readinginks

VIP Member
Does Lily not realise how idiotic it makes her look that she keeps repainting the walls every half a year? The arch she painted in October could be ideal above Grey’s bed. All the renovation works in such a short period of time are completely wasteful.

SachaStark

Private school fees are usually between £15000-£30000 per year, depending on the school. Plus uniforms, which tend to run to about £200-300 for all the kit, and then you have to factor in for extras on your bill, such as school trips, special events, instrument lessons and so on.

So, if she decides to send both kids private, she’d be looking at somewhere between about £35000-£65000 per year on schooling as day students (non-boarding).

I work in the private school system: there’s no way she’d be getting a discount on anything. We have children of actually well-known people, and they don’t get anything off. The only people who habitually get a discount on fees (outside of scholarships and bursaries) are members of staff, so maybe Lily should put her money where her mouth is and sign up for a PGCE 😆

• Haha

eenyweeny

D4179576-8FF5-4263-BB18-A2FE3F0EF120.jpeg

She’s got a face like a slapped arse, and then she wonders why make up brands don’t want to work with her. Or maybe she’s repulsed by that manky brush, as we all are! 😂

• Haha
It's so annoying isn't it. The worst for me is Anna describing the most mundane things as 'wild'.
Yes. In this month's newsletter Anna thought it was so "wild" that we are halfway through the year. It was so wild that she needed three rhetorical questions to emphasise this wildness!

• Haha

stinkytink

Chatty Member
Also makeup brands (esp high end ones) have learned in the ten years since influencers were a thing that gifting all their products to every influencer is not a good move either. Brands were on a learning curve with influencers at first which meant they made alot of trial and error (def the latter part when influencers were first a thing). That Chanel trip or anything similar that Lily and Anna went on years ago will never fall into Lily's lap again ever. It's clear now if a makeup brand "gifts" something to Lily it's either a new brand or they just want general exposure to as many people as possible (i.e. a new product from an established brand such as Fenty Beauty eaze drop). However if you see many of the influencers who have 200,000 followers on IG (e.g. thecheeseplate - thanks to the person on here who recommended their IG page) they average the same amount of likes and comments that Lily does so either many of lily's followers forgot to unfollow her (which def is possible), are inactive, or she's been buying followers.
That was me lol. So glad the cheese account is getting appreciated! I also follow a toad and a carrot with better engagement than Lily - yes, I like weird shit.

The toad has 180k followers and his last post (1 day ago) has 7,703 likes so far. Lily’s last post of her and the mfing peas (2 days ago) has 7,049 likes - but she’s an OG with 435k followers and an actual human, not a toad.

So a toad is outperforming Lily on Insta.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

LottieRouge12

I think Lily's obstinance on not buying maternity clothes are due to a few reasons: 1) Lily does not want to "invest" money on clothes that she see's she will wear for a "temporary period of time" which is ludicrous b/c most women still wear their pregnancy clothing post-partum for a few months so it equates to a year if not more and given pregnancy and post-partum are the times one tend to be the most uncomfortable is precisely why you should invest in a few key pieces. 2) Part of the reason Lily was popular a few years ago was her figure and she could eat and wear anything and not have to worry since she didn't have to put any effort for her body. Now Lily realizes her body and hair require more effort and she's bitter about it since image is everything in the influencer industry hence why she looks the way she does now. 3) Mummy vlogger: Lily vehemently does not want to be a "mummy vlogger" so she buys non maternity clothing in the hope to keep her non pregnant viewers engaged fashion wise and to hopefully get them to swipe up. Lily doesn't realize her viewers (like Anna's) watch her as a form of entertainment/distraction/ridicule hence why vlogs and the podcasts do well but not her fashion/beauty content on any social media platform. It's not Lily's figure that makes her uninspiring its her personality. Lily follows trends to a tee but the problem is is that so does every white middle class cis female influencer. Why would ppl take recs from someone who copies everyone else's content and whose constant facial expressions vacillate between irritation and taking a shit?

Last edited:
  • Heart

llljk

Just watched her first trimester video. Wow. Moan moan moan… so tired by 12 o’clock. Imagine having your partner home all day, whom seems to have Grey majority of the time. I’m 13 weeks.. up everyday for work at 3am full shift home by 12.30 to my 2 year old. You know normal life! Like majority of us! Imagine moaning about how hard your life is when all you do is film a few videos and stay at home all day. Yawn yawn yawn. How people find her entertaining astonished me!

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I don't really blame Lily for her digs at Anna. Anna is just so smug it's nauseating. I always laugh when Lily does this because it's just so obvious she's talking about Anna, lol. Also, Anna spent wads of cash (or let's be real, vouchers) on expensive jeans 2/3 sizes up that she will wear for a few months. Oh, and to start with this was partly done in order to hide her bump from her followers, because Anna is just so clever like that and nobody would guess she was pregnant if she was wearing regular jeans. *giggle*

Bonjour92

VIP Member
The new video has me absolutely baffled 😂
So the HUGE NEW FRIDGE/FREEZER doesn't look much bigger at all. I have one of those fridge freezers that she was criticising (one side freezer, the other side fridge) and ours is so much bigger?! She just has a couple of drawers extra? Also she clearly can't open the bloody thing properly because of the wall?? Why didn't they put the FF away from a wall? So many questions....
Those handles are going to look dreadful within 6 months. They're the worst style for kitchens as stuff gets stuck in the grooves.
But the most laughable part was the paint colour. She starts off the video saying we want black as it's neutral. By the end of the video and hundred of pounds later she is trying to convince us (and herself?) that the navy colour is actually what they wanted.
Car crash watching..
Omg exactly, first she says she wants a true black, with no undertones of green or blue, only to say later that the black shows up as navy and they love it. What?! 😅 a whole mess!

• Haha

stinkytink

Chatty Member
Lol “stars are pretty classic so they’ll never really date which is good.”

First, she is a terrible writer. Second, the stars are the ones I dislike the most! There’s a French blogger called Frederique something who also has a janky star wrist tat. Her whole USP is how to be more chic and French, but I cannot take her seriously because of that hideous tattoo and what seem to be very filled lips. Ugh, I dislike it so much and it’s everywhere!

Second, you have GOT to be fucking kidding: an Eagles song was playing when she was born??? I guess that set her up for a life time of being basic.

• Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
What a terrible reel!
"Which of my ill-fitting dresses will I wear today? Lalala, faffing around my hotel room... oh, a fly! Swat it, quick!"
Such a creative.

• Haha

LottieRouge12

I am just waiting for the day there's an in depth article on a reputable paper/news site on the detrimental environmental/financial and mental impact as a direct result of influencers as an industry and culture is and it goes viral to the point influencers will be unable to ignore it and will have to address it. Corporations should shoulder the burden overall for this waste but influencers have exacerbated it. Thanks to social media, the pressure to keep up with what is "on trend" has led to this excess waste further harming our environment. Influencers make their livelihood selling products from corporations period whether its them buying, being sent stuff to "review" or doing reno's to keep up with the trend(s) or brands are "sponsoring" them to feature something to sell. If you take the "selling" aspect completely out then influencers (esp Lily) would truly deserve the title "content creator" b/c then they would literally have to create content where the goal is not selling anything (rather entertaining - basically the tv/movie industry but not) but they can't bc their bread and butter is selling something tangible. I truly hope Lily never mentions/promotes climate change and/or sustainability ever again b/c honestly her livelihood is dependent on the exact opposite.

Last edited:
  • Heart