Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will call myself out as a b*** but I havent got much sympathy for Lily.
She has been so insensitve or dumb? about motherhood and life in general that I dont mind the speculation on that occasion.
She is probably having a meltdown after spending a full day with her daughter without Rich and ended up screaming at him for NOT being there to help her and he might have exploded and asked for divorce.
Lol, you can tell I am not busy this afternoon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
If she's away for a week and pops up again on the Monday.... I reckon she's going on holiday abroad

• Wow
Reactions: 32
She doesn’t really post at the weekends anyway does she? So why announce this?
Yeah, you'd wonder why she felt the need to announce this when no one would have missed her anyway! Maybe she's been reading here and wants to invite even more speculation!

It seems like an attention grab - unless there's something else going on.

Reactions: 19
Maybe she is ovulating, so she is riding hard or laying dead...

She is so attention seeking

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
“Taking time away from the internet” is such a high and mighty way to put it. Just say you’re taking time off work 🙄

Reactions: 33
“Taking time away from the internet” is such a high and mighty way to put it. Just say you’re taking time off work 🙄
Also it’s such a bull statement. You know for sure she is still looking on the internet. What so your not going to be checking your weather app? Watching Netflix or online shopping? Say your taking a break from work which is the truth. This isn’t a digital detox. It’s time off work. Ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If she's away for a week and pops up again on the Monday.... I reckon she's going on holiday abroad
I was wondering this. To portugal or iceland. Although considering what happened to Fleur, I'd think this would put off anyone thinking of doing a similar thing (travelling when it's best not to and not telling anyone).
I think she's got a bit overwhelmed all of a sudden and decided to take some time off. Which is fine, yes it's her job but the only person it affects is her income. The only reason it's weird is that it happened seemingly very suddenly - from posting this very morning to declaring a break. If it were a sudden family emergency, you'd think you'd wait for more than a few hours to declare something like that? To let the dust settle a bit? Very strange, which is why holiday popped into my mind because it seemed planned.

Reactions: 18
Reasons why I think she’s “taking time offline” (because I’m bored at work & nosey 😂)

1. she’s pregnant & has started having bad sickness in week 6 like she did with Grey (think hers only lasted a week though, so taking a week off and back when she’s at week 7/8 and feeling better)
2. It’s taking longer to conceive this time around than it did with Grey & she can’t handle it, or even worse has had a miscarriage (genuinely hope it’s not to do with fertility troubles, because as much she annoys me at times, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone)
3. She’s doing a Fleur & going on a sneaky holiday abroad. I know Portugal is going on the amber list, but it’s not illegal to go there, the government just advise against it. Could have booked it when it was on the green list & decided to go anyway?!
4. she’s just lazy & cba for a bit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Would find abroad a bit of a leap, since she said she found just going to the shops overwhelming a few weeks ago. Although even though it’s not illegal, I think anyone publicly saying they are travelling abroad will face some sort of backlash at the moment, as the spectrum of opinions on COVID is so broad. I certainly would refrain from posting anything if I was her 😂 who knows. After 2020 nothing shocks me 😂

Reactions: 11
I reckon they had booked a trip to Portugal, had to cancel it as she didn't want to do a Fleur, and they are taking a week off anyway in the uk (as time was booked off).
She didn't want to tell anyone about the plans, because that's a bit of a risky subject at the moment, and even Lily doesn't want to moan about her holiday being cancelled at a time like this.

For those wondering not in the UK, Portugal had been on our green list so loads of people had booked holidays and gone on them there, but has just been put on an amber list which means you shouldn't go unless it's an emergency (and would then have to quarantine for 10 days).

Would find abroad a bit of a leap, since she said she found just going to the shops overwhelming a few weeks ago.
Lily once found eating a pastel de nata overwhelming and scary and couldn't even finish it. She likes to use dramatic words for stuff when in reality she was just fine (in my opinion anyway).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She probably needs to gather her thoughts after leaving the safety of the M25

I do think she is pregnant.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Reasons why I think she’s “taking time offline” (because I’m bored at work & nosey 😂)

1. she’s pregnant & has started having bad sickness in week 6 like she did with Grey (think hers only lasted a week though, so taking a week off and back when she’s at week 7/8 and feeling better)
2. It’s taking longer to conceive this time around than it did with Grey & she can’t handle it, or even worse has had a miscarriage (genuinely hope it’s not to do with fertility troubles, because as much she annoys me at times, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone)
3. She’s doing a Fleur & going on a sneaky holiday abroad. I know Portugal is going on the amber list, but it’s not illegal to go there, the government just advise against it. Could have booked it when it was on the green list & decided to go anyway?!
4. she’s just lazy & cba for a bit 😂
I’ll take no 4

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Isn't Israel on green list, too?:unsure: And she'd have more reasons to keep that trip under the wraps.

She's most likely just having a meltdown after visiting Newtons.

Reactions: 18
Sorry to quote myself but I was looking on the COS online store and now I know, some of the dresses! Look like prison scrubs. Honestly, what is this look, Friar Tuck minimalism?
In defense of COS, this has always been their aesthetic. Oversized, but tailored, Scandi-influenced, muted colors with some injections of greens or blues seasonally.

I agree with y’all. I understand that flowy and oversized is all the rage - and as a gal with boobs, a tummy and hips I know the comfort factor provided by oversized pieces is real; I’m also not an influencer trying to sell my lifestyle - but if Lily wants to really sell what’s she wearing, she needs to do a better job of picking pieces that are either a more fitted silhouette or learn how to better accessorize/style. That session she did with the stylist was a HUGE missed opportunity. Why she would say yes to something like that when she’s so closed minded and stubborn/resistant to change, I will never understand. I love a muted color palette too and don’t really think I look good in loud and colorful prints, but I know that a red sandal adds a little more interest to an all black outfit.

Also a huge missed opportunity to go on a journey of finding her style again post-baby. She could’ve done a Zara personal shopping session, had Deb order her some mystery pieces then Zoom her while trying stuff on, even doing a video where Jojo dresses her for a weekend. What really upsets me is that none of Lily’s pieces are cohesive and she doesn’t experiment with layering (unless it’s Rich’s North Face puffer) or styling. Ughh the lack of creativity and desire to provide actually useful content....it really grinds my gears.

Reactions: 22
In defense of COS, this has always been their aesthetic. Oversized, but tailored, Scandi-influenced, muted colors with some injections of greens or blues seasonally.

I agree with y’all. I understand that flowy and oversized is all the rage - and as a gal with boobs, a tummy and hips I know the comfort factor provided by oversized pieces is real; I’m also not an influencer trying to sell my lifestyle - but if Lily wants to really sell what’s she wearing, she needs to do a better job of picking pieces that are either a more fitted silhouette or learn how to better accessorize/style. That session she did with the stylist was a HUGE missed opportunity. Why she would say yes to something like that when she’s so closed minded and stubborn/resistant to change, I will never understand. I love a muted color palette too and don’t really think I look good in loud and colorful prints, but I know that a red sandal adds a little more interest to an all black outfit.

Also a huge missed opportunity to go on a journey of finding her style again post-baby. She could’ve done a Zara personal shopping session, had Deb order her some mystery pieces then Zoom her while trying stuff on, even doing a video where Jojo dresses her for a weekend. What really upsets me is that none of Lily’s pieces are cohesive and she doesn’t experiment with layering (unless it’s Rich’s North Face puffer) or styling. Ughh the lack of creativity and desire to provide actually useful content....it really grinds my gears.
I quite like COS but I’m not a froofy person. I like the utilitarian look.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.