Lily Pebbles #22 Moans about her sad hairdo while riding Rich for baby #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread suggestion: Dumb as a box of rocks, Lily’s never had her salad tossed

And thirdly, she’s as dumb as a box of rocks. Keep your expectations of Lily low. Do people really look to her for any intelligent or constructive content around important issues? No.
Shout out to all the stomach lurching talk about Rich’s salad making skills, and @Kat_Valentine for the thread inspo. I’ve been laughing about “dumb as a box of rocks” for days and NEED it to be in the new title!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My problem with these two is that they are so touch-and-go. They jumped on so many bandwagon because it is cool. If Rich is so concerned that no one talking about menopause, well your wife has a platform. She could invite GP, her mum, and maybe Caroline Hirons to talk about their experience. Talk to working mum who has to work full time while being on menopause. She has a bleeping platform, do something or quit being performative. Sorry @poopettemetis you need a real man 😆

I agreed that it wasn’t talk enough though. My ex-boss always says ‘don’t bring up an issue without any proposed solutions, otherwise it sounds like a moaning’ she is bleeping right
THIS! EXACTLY THIS! It's like the whole 'clean up a beach' fad he jumped on before xmas (still waiting to see him out with his litter picker down Southend). Would Rich have even MENTIONED the menopause had he not seen Davina's documentary? By next week he will have forgotten about it.

Lily and Anna are taking a month to plan the next series but seriously what does that mean? It's one of the biggest piles of rubbish out there.

What did Rich say re: pregnancy books?

Reactions: 21
THIS! EXACTLY THIS! It's like the whole 'clean up a beach' fad he jumped on before xmas (still waiting to see him out with his litter picker down Southend). Would Rich have even MENTIONED the menopause had he not seen Davina's documentary? By next week he will have forgotten about it.

Lily and Anna are taking a month to plan the next series but seriously what does that mean? It's one of the biggest piles of rubbish out there.

Erm something like he quit reading altogether after listening to Girvana’s podcast. I happened to click onto that part and didn’t listen to part before.
Anyone finished the whole podcast?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
You're all very lucky. But still, would the topic never come up if your adult daughter lives with you ? Or would she never heard anyone talk about it, ever? Not even on telly? Just seems so odd.
I had a conversation about this with my mother (70) the other day. She said for her, her menstruation just stopped and that was it. No other symptoms. She couldn’t even remember when exactly. At the time, it was never a topic of conversation and we are an open family! My mother shares more about her sex life than I care for, lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They were talking about how the pregnancy books Anna had been given by friends/family were practical tomes and very informative etc while the books Mark received/pregnancy books geared towards men were like pamphlets by contrast. Rich mentioned ditching the books and just listening to the Giovanna Fletcher podcast. They also talked about a pregnancy app; Lily said there should be a separate app for men to encourage them to get involved, but Mark disagreed and said men should already be involved and could just use the same app. (Something along those lines anyway).

Reactions: 12
Lily said there should be a separate app for men to encourage them to get involved, but Mark disagreed and said men should already be involved and could just use the same app. (Something along those lines anyway).
Shows how much research they do for their topics - there already are pregnancy apps specifically for dads!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They were talking about how the pregnancy books Anna had been given by friends/family were practical tomes and very informative etc while the books Mark received/pregnancy books geared towards men were like pamphlets by contrast. Rich mentioned ditching the books and just listening to the Giovanna Fletcher podcast. They also talked about a pregnancy app; Lily said there should be a separate app for men to encourage them to get involved, but Mark disagreed and said men should already be involved and could just use the same app. (Something along those lines anyway).
😱 why do I feel like Mark and Anna will be very competitive with Norman’s upbringing

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Shows how much research they do for their topics - there already are pregnancy apps specifically for dads!
Lol! I think they might have been talking about a specific app - and Lily said there should be a different version of that app for dads. I'm not really sure as I know zilch about this stuff, like I mean, NOBODY TOLD ME!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lol! I think they might have been talking about a specific app - and Lily said there should be a different version of that app for dads. I'm not really sure as I know zilch about this stuff, like I mean, NOBODY TOLD ME!
I’m confused as to why a dad would need a different app? Is lily that old fashioned that she thinks dads don’t need to know about all the same things as Mums?

Reactions: 7
I’m confused as to why a dad would need a different app? Is lily that old fashioned that she thinks dads don’t need to know about all the same things as Mums?
I don’t know if it’s being old fashioned. I think it’s more of Lily’s notion that any information that is not carefully spoon fed to you is completely inaccessible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
When I was pregnant I read How To Grow A Baby And Push It Out (obv aimed at women) and my partner was given Pregnancy For Men... we both finished our own books and read each other's too. They both contained useful things for both of us, why they have to gender them is beyond me. Both parties need to be informed about what's going on, not just the person doing the pushing!

Reactions: 17
She is flogging some lip product on her IG but I'm too distracted by her gross eyebrows 🤢
What happened to being presentable for your job, Lily?

Reactions: 9
I will feel no sympathy if her lips do flare up AGAIN. she's not particularly creative when it comes to makeup so it's not like she has a desire to experiment with colours and styles. I don't understand the need to try new products which might cause a reaction purely because she was sent them - then again, maybe that's the only reason she does try them, so brands keep sending her more? The option for a giveaway is there, but she's too lazy to work out how to arrange that apparently.

Reactions: 13
If only she had taken the time to work out what ingredients she's allergic to, or, do a test patch before smearing it on her lips.... I agree, I will feel no sympathy at all if her lips flare up again. She needs to learn how to pass up a freebie.

Reactions: 14
I'm not sure why she said that. Maybe the particular app they were talking about is specifically aimed at women in some way. I don't know what app they were talking about. In any case, Mark shut her down pretty quickly.

Reactions: 4
When I was pregnant I read How To Grow A Baby And Push It Out (obv aimed at women) and my partner was given Pregnancy For Men... we both finished our own books and read each other's too. They both contained useful things for both of us, why they have to gender them is beyond me. Both parties need to be informed about what's going on, not just the person doing the pushing!
I suppose those books assume women and men process information differently?

I was not aware of any apps, but I don’t have any children. I have not heard any of my friends about any apps either though.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.