Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for these screenshots. Savage. I always enjoy a good honest Lily & Anna review. I agree with what you say about them and we really shouldn’t be giving them the views, but I have to admit especially Lily is such a guilty pleasure for me. I think she wouldn’t be if it wasn’t for tattle (or GG before it became impossible to use), but she’s just the gift that keeps on giving. And I enjoy all her self-entitled ignorance backfiring. I don’t dislike her, I just find it amusing.
I rely on the screenshots ppl post here (thank you to those that do). I don't think anyone here genuinely hates Lily as we don't know her personally. What I think elicits a robust reaction from people on here is how she's a prime example of how unfair life is. Lily has many blessings in her life (a really good income, flexible "job",freebies, a house in a city, a decent husband who actually does the work at home and a daughter) yet is blatantly ungrateful for her blessings (to the point she gives off the vibe she perceives them as a nuisance) especially since she didn't work hard for them and many good people who do work hard will never get a single of these blessings in their lifetime. Lily might not be ungrateful, but the fact a significant number of people have this perception from the content she has been making for years says something. Self-entitled ignorance is expected of ppl who are considered to be "conventionally attractive". Paris Hilton and Kim K managed to capitalise on this for years and wouldn't continue to get away with it had it not been for their looks (no matter how plastic/artificial they may be). Lily gets away with it despite not being conventionally attractive (I've said this previously, I'm no looker and this isn't meant as an insult; she just isn't) nor working hard for it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I rely on the screenshots ppl post here (thank you to those that do). I don't think anyone here genuinely hates Lily as we don't know her personally. What I think elicits a robust reaction from people on here is how she's a prime example of how unfair life is. Lily has many blessings in her life (a really good income, flexible "job",freebies, a house in a city, a decent husband who actually does the work at home and a daughter) yet is blatantly ungrateful for her blessings (to the point she gives off the vibe she perceives them as a nuisance) especially since she didn't work hard for them and many good people who do work hard will never get a single of these blessings in their lifetime. Lily might not be ungrateful, but the fact a significant number of people have this perception from the content she has been making for years says something. Self-entitled ignorance is expected of ppl who are considered to be "conventionally attractive". Paris Hilton and Kim K managed to capitalise on this for years and wouldn't continue to get away with it had it not been for their looks (no matter how plastic/artificial they may be). Lily gets away with it despite not being conventionally attractive (I've said this previously, I'm no looker and this isn't meant as an insult; she just isn't) nor working hard for it.
Well said.

I read across a few forums on Tattle, and most posters seem to be former fans of content creators who miss the content people used to make (lots of people here comment on Lily’s old vlogs).

Reactions: 11
I agree.

I also dont think she's unattractive really, but it does stagger me how different she can look in simply a change of outfit. This is always apparent in her hauls. When she's got something on that flatters her cut wise and is a good colour for her skin tone she's looks really good. Then in the next frame of the video in a different outfit she can look like a complete sack of tit. For me she's borderline attractive, and her outfits and hair are what tip it into hot or not.

Reactions: 14
I agree.

I also dont think she's unattractive really, but it does stagger me how different she can look in simply a change of outfit. This is always apparent in her hauls. When she's got something on that flatters her cut wise and is a good colour for her skin tone she's looks really good. Then in the next frame of the video in a different outfit she can look like a complete sack of tit. For me she's borderline attractive, and her outfits and hair are what tip it into hot or not.
But aren’t we all like that? Wear unflattering clothes and you look frumpy wear better clothes and you look great. I mean that’s not Lily specific trait.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But aren’t we all like that? Wear unflattering clothes and you look frumpy wear better clothes and you look great. I mean that’s not Lily specific trait.
Yes, I think most of us *normal people* are.

But i do think a lot of beauty and fashion influencers are successful because they are the 10/10 looks wise, and look good in a paper bag. So I would say lily is a bit of an anomoly in that genre? I mean someone was saying above how Kim k and Paris Hilton get away with being nightmares because they are conventially attractive. I'd argue Lydia millen, fleur, frow, Emily canham etc, all get the same privilege and get away with murder. Lily is the unicorn here... Not conventially attractive, but yet still continues to succeed.

Sorry, I'm probably articulating poorly. I'm a teacher and remote learning has sucked all life out of me! Bring in half term!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree. That’s the reason why I still follow LiLy and Anna - they are not unattractive, far from it. But they don’t look like In the Frow, or Freddy my Love, where you look at them and you think “why do I not look like that”. I can’t think of many other influencers that are like Anna and Lily in terms of their attractiveness. Maybe Signe from Use Less, but it’s only because just like Lily she sometimes wears stuff that doesn’t suit her at all, and she has one of those weird faces that depending on the angle she either looks amazing or just ordinary. Other than that pretty much all of the UK crowd (and Signe isn’t part of it anyway) I can’t think of anyone else.

Reactions: 7
This is a bit OT for Lily's thread - but I need to vent! Like a lot of us here, I've been really tiring of these influencers, their constant begging, and their entirely gifted lifestyles. I decided to look for some smaller accounts to follow, and recently found a home renovation Instagram account that I've been enjoying. I don't even know the face behind the account, as it's purely an interiors account, but I have picked up that the person works full-time and appears to have a fairly large disposable income. She has been renovating the house on her own dime and can definitely afford nice things. The account has been refreshingly free of ads and freebies.

Lately I've been noticing that she's been gifted a few things (lighting, paint, flowers - nothing major). However, this morning, she has been on Instagram blatantly begging (tagging the brand) for a rug that costs £1,500. I had to post this here as I was tempted to message her about it. The only reason to tag the brand is to get their attention and try and bag a freebie, right? I don't know if she has the following to bag an expensive freebie, but I guess I'll wait and see if the rug shows up as #gifted in a few weeks time.

Just needed to get that off my chest!

It seems that nobody can resist the lure of the freebie!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes, I think most of us *normal people* are.

But i do think a lot of beauty and fashion influencers are successful because they are the 10/10 looks wise, and look good in a paper bag. So I would say lily is a bit of an anomoly in that genre? I mean someone was saying above how Kim k and Paris Hilton get away with being nightmares because they are conventially attractive. I'd argue Lydia millen, fleur, frow, Emily canham etc, all get the same privilege and get away with murder. Lily is the unicorn here... Not conventially attractive, but yet still continues to succeed.

Sorry, I'm probably articulating poorly. I'm a teacher and remote learning has sucked all life out of me! Bring in half term!
I think the more attractive influencers tend to be the newer, younger ones, because that's what it takes to stand out these days. Back in the day, a large part of the appeal of YouTubers was that they were just the regular girl-next-door types, who felt normal and relatable compared to the perfect-looking models in women's magazines etc., hence Lily and Anna's success. Some were more naturally pretty than others of course, I would say Suzie Bonaldi, Estee Lalonde and Alix from I Covet Thee were naturally very pretty girls, although slightly less attractive these days in my opinion, especially in the case of Estee.

Reactions: 13
This is a bit OT for Lily's thread - but I need to vent! Like a lot of us here, I've been really tiring of these influencers, their constant begging, and their entirely gifted lifestyles. I decided to look for some smaller accounts to follow, and recently found a home renovation Instagram account that I've been enjoying. I don't even know the face behind the account, as it's purely an interiors account, but I have picked up that the person works full-time and appears to have a fairly large disposable income. She has been renovating the house on her own dime and can definitely afford nice things. The account has been refreshingly free of ads and freebies.

However, lately I've been noticing that she's been gifted a few things (lighting, paint, flowers - nothing major). However, this morning, she has been on Instagram blatantly begging (tagging the brand) for a rug that costs £1,500. I had to post this here as I was tempted to message her about it. The only reason to tag the brand is to get their attention and try and bag a freebie, right? I don't know if she has the following to bag an expensive freebie, but I guess I'll wait and see if the rug shows up as #gifted in a few weeks time.

I agree! Having the money to buy that and still begging for it actually makes me so angry. Besides, why can’t people live within their means? It’s like Lily can’t bring herself to pay for nicer things so she should just stick to what she will pay for and not be such a bloody beg. As someone who has just renovated and paid for everything seeing these idiots get things for free so obviously through begging on IG is annoying! Rant over.

Reactions: 19

However, lately I've been noticing that she's been gifted a few things (lighting, paint, flowers - nothing major). However, this morning, she has been on Instagram blatantly begging (tagging the brand) for a rug that costs £1,500. I had to post this here as I was tempted to message her about it. The only reason to tag the brand is to get their attention and try and bag a freebie, right? I don't know if she has the following to bag an expensive freebie, but I guess I'll wait and see if the rug shows up as #gifted in a few weeks time.

2-3 years back, it was definitely more of a documentary, now you definitely see a begging trend. During Christmas time, I unfollowed a bunch of them because of their excessive begging and the unrealistic expectations that they set.
I just have an irrational hatred for Lick paint because they're everywhere.

Reactions: 12
How can her hair look both greasy and dry at the same time?! It’s absolutely frazzled looking. Wasn’t she advertising Philip Kingsley a while ago? She has to be the worst advertisement for hair care going

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Lately I've been noticing that she's been gifted a few things (lighting, paint, flowers - nothing major). However, this morning, she has been on Instagram blatantly begging (tagging the brand) for a rug that costs £1,500. I had to post this here as I was tempted to message her about it. The only reason to tag the brand is to get their attention and try and bag a freebie, right? I don't know if she has the following to bag an expensive freebie, but I guess I'll wait and see if the rug shows up as #gifted in a few weeks time.

Where ist the story? Did she take it down? 😳

Reactions: 3

Yup. I used to really like Cate St Hill, but lately absolutely everything is gifted. She moaned about the white painted floors in her house for ages, and surprise surprise a company gives her some new flooring for free. She moaned about how uncomfortable her sofa was, and a fancy new sofa arrives. They never got round to having their wood burner fitted, and guess what? Someone does it for free! I would be much more willing to buy products she recommends/showcases if I knew she'd actually spent her own money on it rather than waiting for someone to offer it up to her.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.