Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No offense to those who enjoy them, but I've always found "first impressions" videos to be utterly useless and the pinnacle of influencer laziness. What's the point of telling us "here's a product I've never used, let me apply it now for the first time and tell you what it looks like on first impression"? We all know first impressions are rarely accurate. The whole point of beauty reviews is that the person is able to tell you how the product is going to perform overtime and provide a thorough, long-term review. Like, a foundation might look ok when you first apply it but if it melts off or oxidizes after an hour then it's useless; a lipstick might look like a nice shade at first sight but if it gives you an allergic reaction after 10 hours of wear then it's crap (Lily should know lol); and obviously it's even worse when it comes to skincare as it would take weeks of regular use for you to even see any results from it. To me, "first impressions" videos just sound like a concept YouTubers created to give themselves an excuse to not even do the bare minimum. They can make quick, easy cash without having to go through the effort of using the product for a certain amount of time. As a result, they can shill way more products (product placement $$$) because they don't even have to pretend they're using the same one for several weeks/months in a row. The whole reason Beauty Blogging/YouTube became popular in the first place was because these women were providing actual reviews of products--they were telling us "I've been using this for months and here's why I really like it" or "this product I don't like because of X and Y." These days they don't even bother, so it's no surprise to me that viewers aren't interested. The fact that Lily has the audacity to wonder why her video isn't getting views is honestly laughable to me.
I was easily duped by first impressions videos in my late teens/early twenties. Pretty sure one of these broads posted a first impressions video of the Clarins Lotus oil that I just *had* to have because they were all shilling it, I was just too dumb to realise they were being paid to feature it.

Reactions: 14
God yes I’m not sure what brand triggered me realising it’s all rubbish and lies ive a hunch it was Charlotte Tilbury it’s took years before any of them would admit that some of her launches were a bit tit

Reactions: 14
God yes I’m not sure what brand triggered me realising it’s all rubbish and lies ive a hunch it was Charlotte Tilbury it’s took years before any of them would admit that some of her launches were a bit tit
Lol can we talk about the REAL crap that we bought because of influencers
1. IT Cosmetic CC cream
2. Glossier Future Dew

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
1. IT Cosmetic CC cream
2. Glossier Future Dew
I hate the IT Cosmetics CC cream. I could never find a decent color match even after their 1st shade extension and I'm a fair/light white person. Also it always feels incredibly heavy.

I do like Future Dew as someone with dull dry skin but I think most influencers use it wrong.

My influencer bought thing I hated is the Fresh Soy face wash. Everyone has shilled it as some point. It was so drying on my skin and was horrible at removing makeup and I don't wear that much.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
1. IT Cosmetic CC cream
2. Glossier Future Dew
Real Techniques makeup brushes
edit: If you wanna spend $125 I HIGHLY recommend the Pat McGrath eyeshadow palettes! holy tit my eyes easily look professionally done and I've never achieved that kind of look before. I got the bronze one. I've never seen influencers push it so I'm guessing they're not sent out as free PR.

Reactions: 12
I hate the IT Cosmetics CC cream. I could never find a decent color match even after their 1st shade extension and I'm a fair/light white person. Also it always feels incredibly heavy.

I do like Future Dew as someone with dull dry skin but I think most influencers use it wrong.

My influencer bought thing I hated is the Fresh Soy face wash. Everyone has shilled it as some point. It was so drying on my skin and was horrible at removing makeup and I don't wear that much.
I actually like the IT CC cream but agree with you about the Soy; I find it quite drying

Reactions: 6
I actually like the IT CC cream but agree with you about the Soy; I find it quite drying
Fresh Soy Cleanser is horrible. I never bought it but got a couple of samples as I was interested. Nope, it feels like a horrible, sticky old fashioned foaming facial soap to me 🤮

I have the Glossier FutureDew and meh.... it gives a nice finish but it’s so overrated.

My first influencer bought product was the Glossier perfume. Still wear it! I love the smell.
That’s the only product I’ve been tempted to buy, maybe along with the brow gel. Never been tempted by fresh...to be honest I thought it was a basic brand and I was stunned by the prices!

Reactions: 4
Fresh is a brand is basic and overrated
I quite like their lipsticks as they are sheer with colour if you see what I mean but I also swear by their deodorant which although is expensive is the only one that works for me. It also last ages.

Reactions: 2
I bought the Kevin Aucoin contour, Becca highlighter and Zoeva brushes. The brushes and highlighter were ok but the contour really didn’t suit

Also glossier facial wash.don’t get the hype and it is often cited as their favourite. I do like Kate Somerville’s goat milk cleanser but I was not influenced by them lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.