Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NovemberEcho

I’ve just started watching how to get away with murder again and I’ve finally twigged she reminds me of Laurel (Karla Souza) - any one else watch it and see it??😬

Reactions: 3

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
Does the age of the property make a difference? Ours is “relatively” new, (late 80s) mid terrace with replacement windows. I also think the walls and loft are insulated. Luckily we don’t get any condensation. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Definitely. Victorian houses don’t have cavity walls, they are designed with drafts and low heating in mind. So when you insulate one, put double or triple glazed Upvc windows in and turn the heating on - you are going to get condensation. Anything after 1950s is much better from energy performance point of view.

kindofmagic

it's so funny, I just learned about hygge from watching a hallmark christmas film last night.

the pickle debate... I'll admit, I was curious too. do you guys have relish in the UK? because whatever slop she showed in that jar was relish.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
Did she use to do recipes and food related things often, or is it all now? Between the Scandi vibes, film camera, and the food content, she just needs to move to Brighton and she will have fully transition into an Anna wannabe. She posted those two film photos less than an hour after Anna posted her favourite film pics of the year.
those 'brookies' too?? wtf were they

Thatsnotmyname123

Thank you @PeonyBlush @Bougieb @imtakingabath @poopettemetis for sharing your experience!
I was undecided between Floweret and Modibodi range, didn’t know Thinx was available on Asos. I suppose I could try one of each available in the UK (unfortunately Revol isn’t).
I have just bought some (different brand) - they are only in the wash now so don’t want to recommend yet but they are really comfortable and look like normal pants but thicker. If they wash well I can’t see myself using anything else!

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I didn’t discover/ start following Lily until 3 weeks after she’d had Grey. I had my daughter 3 days before her so I think I started following her because I wanted to see new mothers that I could relate to. It wasn’t long before I realised she was just stupid and annoying so I have never witnessed her whilst she’s pregnant, and I have to say, I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing it this time round
Lol. You'll regret saying that. If you think she moans a lot now....!

Burrito88

VIP Member
Does anyone know what school she went to? I’ve said it before but could all this naivety be linked to her faith? Would her parents have had her removed from PSHE lessons for example?

this is me giving her the benefit of the doubt btw, not attacking or judging.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
There are so many houses in England, even recently renovated ones, that still have single glazing. I have never lived in a double glazed house here, which is bizarre in the 21st century but Brits are not the heroes of energy efficiency.
My friend’s Georgian rented flat in Brighton has no double glazing. Lovely in the summer but the main problem in the winter is condensation.

Does anyone know what school she went to? I’ve said it before but could all this naivety be linked to her faith? Would her parents have had her removed from PSHE lessons for example?

this is me giving her the benefit of the doubt btw, not attacking or judging.
I don't think her family are practising, I think it's more of a cultural thing for them.

Reactions: 2

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
She's begging for a North Face jacket. She's brought it up twice in recent vlogs and all the 'it's so cold' content is further begging. I'm also in North London and have spent every morning out and about in parks with my child. It really isn't anyway near as cold as she's making out.
It all makes sense now :LOL:

poopettemetis

VIP Member
BTW, does anyone have good period underwear recommendations? They are so expensive and I don’t know how well they work. I have read so many mixed reviews and I’m finding it hard to make up my mind. (Heh, if I was Lily, I would now be sent multiple products by at least 2-3 different companies)
Depending on where you live, I have a few pairs from Revol. They’re made in Canada, well-made (albeit a little pricy, but they do do sales regularly) and super inclusive. I usually just wear them at night, but because of WFH, have been wearing them during the day. I still prefer tampons if I’m out and about though.

ETA: I did find wearing them at first an adjustment. I haven’t used pads in 20+ years. I’m still trying to switch to a cup, but it’s been challenging.

• Heart

Aardvark

Chatty Member
it's so funny, I just learned about hygge from watching a hallmark christmas film last night.

the pickle debate... I'll admit, I was curious too. do you guys have relish in the UK? because whatever slop she showed in that jar was relish.
I guess relish and pickle are the same thing? But we (U.K.) call it pickle, which can be lots of different products

jaymie

VIP Member
New thread name suggestion:
Lily Pebbles flushes tampons down the toilet and makes her bitch Rich fish them out.

I think we're past the point of rhyming with this woman!
LP flushes tampons down the loo, Rich fishes tampons from the loo? Does it rhyme?