Lily Pebbles #15 Beg for a walnut to fix your floor, shame it can't fix your jealous core.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kind of intepreted Lily buying Grey a toy makeup kit as being in response to Grey playing with Lily's makeup, so it does make sense to me in that way... in that at least the baby would be pleased with it.
The only reason Grey plays with makeup is that she’s constantly plunked in front of it while Lily spends awful lot of time irritating her skin or frying her hair. Put her in front of books while you read, or read together, and your baby will want books. But of course Lily doesn’t have time to read.

Also, she’s a self-centred cow. The post about Grey being back at hospital on day three is just self-absorbed pity. I am sure the worst of it was the worry over Grey losing weight or being unable to comfort or hold her while Lily was managing the pump, but the post doesn’t mention this at all. It’s all about mother hero Lily crying.

Reactions: 27
She went on a trip with her boyfriend and another couple at 15. Call me crazy but that is mind-blowing to me. 15.
Really? A lot of people go on holiday by themselves at that age, at least in Europe. There are entire holiday destinations in Spain and Greece that are focused on that target audience. I’m from the Netherlands and until 2014 the legal drinking age used to be 16 here, but many would have gone out before that. And then around 15 you also go on your first holidays without your parents, either in the Netherlands at some coastal place, or abroad. I feel like times have changed a bit, for someone Lily’s age this doesn’t strike me as unusual. And no, this is not necessarily a privilege thing, many “lower class” youngsters do the same.

Reactions: 6
Really? A lot of people go on holiday by themselves at that age, at least in Europe. There are entire holiday destinations in Spain and Greece that are focused on that target audience. I’m from the Netherlands and until 2014 the legal drinking age used to be 16 here, but many would have gone out before that. And then around 15 you also go on your first holidays without your parents, either in the Netherlands at some coastal place, or abroad. I feel like times have changed a bit, for someone Lily’s age this doesn’t strike me as unusual. And no, this is not necessarily a privilege thing, many “lower class” youngsters do the same.
Nope. Call me old fashioned but a group of friends is one thing. With your boyfriend at 15 is another. Each to their own but it wouldn’t happen in my house. We’re all different I respect that!!

Reactions: 51
I do find the make up gift, and the way she’s always playing with make up, maybe an attempt by Lily to say “look she’s just like me!”. When as you say, a child will play with whatever you put in front of them.
And I thought she wanted to be more gender neutral in some of her choices for Grey although maybe I’ve misremembered?

Reactions: 14
Nope. Call me old fashioned but a group of friends is one thing. With your boyfriend at 15 is another. Each to their own but it wouldn’t happen in my house. We’re all different I respect that!!
Of course we’re all different, but mind-blowing? I’m sure this was a boyfriend that would have spent the night there before, not some stranger.

Anyway, it’s certainly not unusual or extreme.

Reactions: 5
Of course we’re all different, but mind-blowing? I’m sure this was a boyfriend that would have spent the night there before, not some stranger.

Maybe I am sheltered but where I am from a 15 year old holidaying overseas on their own is fairly unusual🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 61

No we don’t know. Some of us will mind blown, some of us won’t! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Yeah I don't think holidays without parents at 15 are a thing in the UK? Certainly wasn't the norm amongst my friends or classmates and I'm around the same age as Lily.

Reactions: 45
Well, at the Spanish Costas or the south of France there are plenty of teens on holiday.

Well, at the Spanish Costas or the south of France there are plenty of teens on holiday.
Oh I was in Spain as a teen, don’t get me wrong. I just wasn’t with my boyfriend. I wanted to be with my mates at that age getting up to mischief! 🤣

Reactions: 4
I think most people don’t go away with their friends until they are sixth form age so 17/18.
I’m her age and don’t know anyone who would have been allowed to go away at 15, and definitely not with a boyfriend!

Reactions: 30
Her parents must have been unusually relaxed to allow her to holiday with a BF at that age! Wonder if she would allow Grey to do such a thing?

The whole moment / pictures thing is a bit behind everyone in social media world now now, Fleur etc did it a good few days ago, but hey, anything for #content

Reactions: 17
I think most people don’t go away with their friends until they are sixth form age so 17/18.
I’m her age and don’t know anyone who would have been allowed to go away at 15, and definitely not with a boyfriend!
I think I was 17 when I first went to Spain with a group of girls. I certainly wouldn’t been allowed to go with a “boyfriend” at 15 nor would I have wanted to!!

Reactions: 16
I guess her sisters were already in their 20s so her parents might have been quite lenient with Lily and let her grow up a bit quicker. I don't think it's too weird though, especially if it was essentially a group holiday with another couple.
Tbh who knows how old her boyfriend and the other couple were. Could have been an older couple or even one of her sisters and their bfs.

Reactions: 6
I guess I’m from a different background then. My parents are more the hippy types who gave me condoms when I would go on holiday.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Definitely more the norm to go away at end of sixth form to shagaluf or Malia with girl pals rather than fifteen with a boyfriend. I’ve never been allowed to bring A boyfriend home even when I was technically an adult never mind fifteen 😄 my parents are the opposite of laid back European continentals though 😂

Reactions: 15
Definitely more the norm to go away at end of sixth form to shagaluf or Malia with girl pals rather than fifteen with a boyfriend. I’ve never been allowed to bring A boyfriend home even when I was technically an adult never mind fifteen 😄 my parents are the opposite of laid back European continentals though 😂
I guess my parents are the laidback continentals, but we always consider the English youth to be far more promiscuous, lol! I can tell you those condoms my parents gave me were not used at 15, lol!

Anyway, from Lily’s post I can tell she’s not planning on letting her daughter go on holiday with the boyfriend at that age either.

I am Dutch too, and I have never known 15 yr olds to go on holiday without parents. 17 maybe, but 15 is too young.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.