Lily Pebbles #15 Beg for a walnut to fix your floor, shame it can't fix your jealous core.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am Dutch too, and I have never known 15 yr olds to go on holiday without parents. 17 maybe, but 15 is too young.
Not even with Go Go tours to Argeles Sur Mer or Lloret de Mar or Rimini? Or in the Netherlands to Texel or Renesse?

I guess my parents are the laidback continentals, but we always consider the English youth to be far more promiscuous, lol! I can tell you those condoms my parents gave me were not used at 15, lol!

Anyway, from Lily’s post I can tell she’s not planning on letting her daughter go on holiday with the boyfriend at that age either.
Well funny enough, UK has by far the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in the EU (and maybe even non-EU European countries) while the Netherlands has the lowest!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Well funny enough, UK has by far the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in the EU (and maybe even non-EU European countries) while the Netherlands has the lowest!
Sex education in this country is extremely poor!! I think some parents still struggle speaking to their own children about it too!

Sex education in this country is extremely poor!! I think some parents still struggle speaking to their own children about it too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Really? A lot of people go on holiday by themselves at that age, at least in Europe. There are entire holiday destinations in Spain and Greece that are focused on that target audience. I’m from the Netherlands and until 2014 the legal drinking age used to be 16 here, but many would have gone out before that. And then around 15 you also go on your first holidays without your parents, either in the Netherlands at some coastal place, or abroad. I feel like times have changed a bit, for someone Lily’s age this doesn’t strike me as unusual. And no, this is not necessarily a privilege thing, many “lower class” youngsters do the same.
Well, I am from Spain and of course I’ve gone on trips with school, with teachers around. But going with friends at that age just on our own was not even an option we considered. 17? Yeah, maybe. 15? I don’t recall ever seen places catering to 15 year olds. To even get into “afternoon disco” you have to show an ID proving you’re over 16, and those close at 8PM.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can you imagine how much teenage Lily must have whined and moaned for her parents to let her go off on holiday with her boyfriend when she was just 15?! I wonder if her boyfriend was older? It must have been somewhat of a serious/long-term relationship for them to have been off on holiday together. Would have been a hard no from my parents, that's for sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The only reason Grey plays with makeup is that she’s constantly plunked in front of it while Lily spends awful lot of time irritating her skin or frying her hair. Put her in front of books while you read, or read together, and your baby will want books. But of course Lily doesn’t have time to read.
THIS. An 18 month old baby is going to learn what they see. If Grey sees Lily only playing with make up and creams and products, Grey will copy that. Lead by example and all that.

Reactions: 14
Of course we’re all different, but mind-blowing? I’m sure this was a boyfriend that would have spent the night there before, not some stranger.

Anyway, it’s certainly not unusual or extreme.
I find these differences really fascinating because for where I grew up- no boyfriend would have been allowed to stay the night at my house and the same for any of my friends at 15! don’t know if I’d say mind blown bc it’s lily but I was a bit shocked/surprised by that answer, was expecting here to say first trip without parents at maybe 17/18! So interesting to me how different it can be in different cultures and countries

Reactions: 18
I find these differences really fascinating because for where I grew up- no boyfriend would have been allowed to stay the night at my house and the same for any of my friends at 15! don’t know if I’d say mind blown bc it’s lily but I was a bit shocked/surprised by that answer, was expecting here to say first trip without parents at maybe 17/18! So interesting to me how different it can be in different cultures and countries
I caused a scandal in my family when I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) around the age of 30. 😂 Don't think I was allowed to have a boyfriend at 15, nevermind sleep over/go away with one. 😳

(*Edited to add that I'm not criticising other parenting styles or even my parents - just agreeing how different upbringings are according to to different cultures.)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Can you imagine how much teenage Lily must have whined and moaned for her parents to let her go off on holiday with her boyfriend when she was just 15?! I wonder if her boyfriend was older? It must have been somewhat of a serious/long-term relationship for them to have been off on holiday together. Would have been a hard no from my parents, that's for sure!
I’m confused though because I didn’t have a job at 15, got one as soon as I turned 16, and there’s no way my parents would have been able to afford to pay for me to go on a holiday that they weren’t going on. I also would not have been allowed on holiday to a foreign country at 15 with a boyfriend with no other adults. When Lily says “another couple” do you think she means her boyfriends parents lol

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I caused a scandal in my family when I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) around the age of 30. 😂 Don't think I was allowed to have a boyfriend at 15, nevermind sleep over/go away with one. 😳

(*Edited to add that I'm not criticising other parenting styles or even my parents - just agreeing how different upbringings are according to to different cultures.)
Haha I am from Belgium and my parents were immigrants so they were extremely conservative too (NO boyfriends allowed in the house EVER!). My friends did not travel with their bfs either but I must say that I was shocked that many of them had their bfs sleep over at their house at the age of 15. My best friend would even be spooning with her bf in the couch while her parents were sitting next to them 🥴

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Thinking about it now I think she’s tried to sound cooler than she was and as pp have said the other couple were either her boyfriend’s parents or one of her sisters and their boyfriend. So there was still a responsible adult there, I don’t think Lionel would be that relaxed! Glad we’ve solved that mystery. 😆

Reactions: 12
Regarding her latest video - why would anyone go to her for skincare and makeup recommendations? She showed us how bad her skin is, her eczema flares up all the time because she can't even adjust products for her own routine + her makeup constantly looks the same shade of beige. Lils, go back to your holiday, please.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Regarding her latest video - why would anyone go to her for skincare and makeup recommendations? She showed us how bad her skin is, her eczema flares up all the time because she can't even adjust products for her own routine + her makeup constantly looks the same shade of beige. Lils, go back to your holiday, please.
Yeah I'm going to pass on tips from someone whose brows look like this:

Screenshot_20201227-092818.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.