Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nova

VIP Member
“Desperation to keep a toddler entertained” - this is something a young inexperienced auntie in her early twenties would say when looking after her niece for 2 days for the first time. In my experience (not a mother but have two nieces) toddlers are fairly easily entertained with some of the most basic things, as long as they can find something stimulating as they are at the point of discovering things, different shapes, sounds etc. An empty box, scrunched up newspapers, or pots and pans can be a great source of play. How is she going to have two children, and more importantly why?
I think in this case, it was meant as a joke, not that she was actually desperate to entertain her toddler.

Reactions: 2

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
I've always quite liked the rug in the living room but thinking about it, it really doesn't go with hague blue either. She really should have went with a light colour to give illusion of space.

Reactions: 2

astridivy

The jumper reel... She looked sooo much better in the blue and the red!!! Like, she actually had life in her face. We never see her wear those ones any more. I know she loves the greige but it's really doing NOTHING for her. It's like she doesn't have the confidence to do or wear something that isn't an insta trend. I felt really sad for her after watching that.
I liked the black turtleneck and the beige (light pink) cardigan on her... the only two that weren’t frumpy! The red was also nice as more fitted.

Reactions: 1

Readread

VIP Member
"If you are a mum, and you can't wear necklaces or earrings...." wait, what? I can never get over just how cheap the jewellery looks. The colour is so harsh. And 'layering' them (in Lily's case 'putting on everything I have by this brand'), it looks even worse.
I have never seen any piece that makes me want to go on the website and buy it, no matter how amaaaaazing the discount code is.
Did she actually say that?

imtakingabath

VIP Member
The carpet issue annoys me. Just embrace the grey colour instead of trying to add an oatmeal colour rug over the top - it looks ridiculous. I’ll laugh if she changes it to oatmeal/beige and grey comes back in again. Currently trying to decide what color to do my own carpets and both grey and oatmeal feel like the wrong choice because of Lily and her trend following 😭
I would say it depends what paint you’re coordinating with - cool toned or warm toned? We went for a greige that was somewhere in the middle cos we have it throughout the upstairs and it needed to suit multiple room colours.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
is she a student ? Why is she eating out of the pan.

she is so tragic and not cool
Is there a reason to eat it out of the pan on the floor, so tragic like you said. I cant wait for Anna to have baby, so they can set up a camp at their back garden and eat baked beans out of their pan!

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
The carpet issue annoys me. Just embrace the grey colour instead of trying to add an oatmeal colour rug over the top - it looks ridiculous. I’ll laugh if she changes it to oatmeal/beige and grey comes back in again. Currently trying to decide what color to do my own carpets and both grey and oatmeal feel like the wrong choice because of Lily and her trend following 😭
To be honest, is so unnoticeable. Maybe light grey?

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Amelia is also reportedly not a very nice person, if you track down her thread on here. She hides her issues, and belittles a lot of her friends (she’s lost a lot!) whilst pretending that she’s got life sussed or she’s a girl boss. It’s a different type of negativity, and a sheep in wolfs clothing. She takes any deal she can flog! But each to their own ❤
Didn’t know that at all! Maybe I’ll have to check her thread out.

Readinginks

VIP Member
@Freebies_come2me
Haha, I didn’t realise I actually posted the comment about SE commute, as I intended to delete it since I realised there are places where the commute is actually quite pleasant and I also didn’t want to offend anyone.

I used to live in Greenwich but only during the couple of years when the trains were all over the place because of the works at London Bridge. I loved the area and still miss the river and the views but it used to take me 1:15 to get to work so our move to NW made more sense.

New thread title from @Sounimpressed

Edited/butchered as the original wouldn't fit in -

"Lily Pebbles #14 Anal Edit has ruined Miserablily's Christmas cheer, so swipe up (although no small businesses here)"

Sparse updates from the 'typical creative' as usual.

She's had Shaun the Sheep stuffed and turned into a chair. Nobody is allowed near it, it's purely for aesthetics. We're counting down the days until Grey slams a grubby hand on it.

It's Rich's birthday (happy birthday babe!), yet still no sign of a desk. Taking laptop literally it seems.

BFF Anna has finally got her new house and Lily is turning greener by the day, get ready for lots of advice that nobody asked for.

I think it was something Lily bought to support a charity? I'm sure she bought a load for family members. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
I think it's for Kabbalah...

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
Does anyone follow the Playful Den on IG? She's all about how parenting can be fun and a total breath of fresh air compared to Lily.