Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m cringing for her so badly with her posts from today. They’re actually pathetic 😖

Reactions: 6
I mean. I’m the same age as her and I only learned about her like 2 years ago. I used this dye… she must have somehow sent me telepathic messages or something

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Side note - someone should also remind her that fast fashion is the least rock n roll thing ever, she looks like every other person who's done a nasty Gal shop 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 20
I find it really strange she copies the tik toks of that other girl (sorry can’t remember her name) like same editing and words and everything

Reactions: 2
I find it really strange she copies the tik toks of that other girl (sorry can’t remember her name) like same editing and words and everything
Do you mean Sammi? I don’t really like her but at least her style is unique and she’s not in head to toe Nasty Gal I guess.
I’m also sure I saw the ombré look on Zoella first? Lily did do a YouTube video showing people how to do it but it was EVERYWHERE before that! She always said (and I think still does my phone is just always on mute) om BRAY which just annoyed me no end.

Reactions: 3
I'm not a Lily fan but I think we can all see what she's saying about the ombre hair, surely?! 🙈
She's not saying she started the trend. She's saying she influenced a lot of her followers into it.
We're all on tattle moaning about *influence*rs (hint hint) and moaning about them *influencing* people into hauls, fast fashion, other things we think aren't the most moral or ethical. Moaning about how they make people feel inferior bc they can't buy all the things they have been *influenced* into thinking they need... we can't moan about some of the things they influence people into buying or doing, then claim they're wrong to say they've done that very thing.

Sorry, as I say, not a Lily fan but that was annoying me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm not a Lily fan but I think we can all see what she's saying about the ombre hair, surely?! 🙈
She's not saying she started the trend. She's saying she influenced a lot of her followers into it.
We're all on tattle moaning about *influence*rs (hint hint) and moaning about them *influencing* people into hauls, fast fashion, other things we think aren't the most moral or ethical. Moaning about how they make people feel inferior bc they can't buy all the things they have been *influenced* into thinking they need... we can't moan about some of the things they influence people into buying or doing, then claim they're wrong to say they've done that very thing.

Sorry, as I say, not a Lily fan but that was annoying me 😂
Agree, have felt this when reading this. She was hugely influential and imo the precursor to Zoella? Zoella’s audiences were always much younger & she was big on YouTube way earlier than Lily. Had Lily played her 2012/3 cards better she’d have been bigger than Zoella imo 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I had the 'om-Bray' hair too, and yes ashamed to admit it but definitely influenced by llmlrs herself. It was 2011 or so as I remember umming and ahhing about dying it all natural again for my wedding summer of 2012 (I got rid of it, you'll be pleased to know, thank god! Can you imagine explaining that awful bleached ends look 20 years down the line when I got the wedding album out again 🤪)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think it’s mostly her sheer smugness that irritates the life out of us more than anything.

It’s not the “influencing” of her that’s annoying. That’s an influencers paid job, what else can we expect. Of course you’re right she will have had *SOME* influence over her followers at the time but it’s how intensely smug she still is to this day that grates on me, as it doesn’t correlate with her current level of “success” online, and there are far bigger influencers online who are not at all smug like she is.

It’s that trait that makes her hard to like anymore I think. It just smacks of “the girl who isn’t like other girls” vibe from secondary school and it’s so immature…. She herself and most of her followers must be in their early to mid 30s by now 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 21
I know I bash Lily quite a lot on here but she was actually the first blogger than I really, really liked. I found her look Lookbook then followed her to insta and YouTube.
She had good style back then and I’ll happily admit that she inspired me to get dodgy ombré and influenced me to many, many things - even to the point where my boyfriend would be like ‘let me guess, Lily has it?’ 💀
I sent her quite a few messages over the years - reactions to her stories, questions, compliments & links to stuff that matched her style but I never received a single reply!

Watching her go absolutely nowhere in life yet remaining super duper smug is just beyond cringe now.
Yes she was big back in the day and could have achieved great things if she had evolved and grown up with the rest of her audience.
She’s clinging on too tight to the old days, parading around her bedroom in her fast fashion ~*rOcK cHiCk*~ outfits and acting like a *pick me* girl.
SHE’S NOT LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS. She’s better 💀💀💀💀💀🤘🏼

Reactions: 28
I think Lily is so pretty, I would love to look like her tbh, and I do like some of her outfits so I’ll continue to follow. But something about her is so cringe! I never followed her years ago as back then I was in to the alt scene, but looking at her throwback pictures isn’t what I remember “emo” being, she looked more “indie” to me.

Reactions: 9
It’s been a bit quiet on this thread but I’ve just seen that ASOS are stopping their affiliate commission from next Wednesday - what will Lily do for money?! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Also, can we just establish that she used her ‘Birthday Money’ to buy them. Like she’s some kind of teenager spending her pocket money instead of a 30 something woman?! She really needs to grow the duck up and get a proper job doesn’t she? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Also, can we just establish that she used her ‘Birthday Money’ to buy them. Like she’s some kind of teenager spending her pocket money instead of a 30 something woman?! She really needs to grow the duck up and get a proper job doesn’t she? 😂
Oh no, don’t. Cos I literally got myself a pair of Blair Quads with my birthday money 🤣🙈🙈🙈

Reactions: 3
Ombré hair in 2010, so original x
I found this thread! I swear a searched a while ago when she made her comeback and didn't find anything.

Her ombre video was popular by 2010 YouTube standards, I think it got up to a million views. But apart from that I don't associate ombre with her, her video got popular because it was ALREADY a trend so people were just searching for related content.

She didn't start the trend 🙄

I haven't read the first thread but has anyone mentioned how her lip filler has given her a lisp/weird curve in the upper lip?

She's so embarrassing. Stuck in a past that she didn't even live because she was nowhere near as emo as she is now.

When she came back I thought, good for her, she looks cute. Some of her outfits are okay in a fun way but most of them just look childish.

(Probably has been said already but I just got here lol)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.