Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her spelling and proof reading is appalling.
So what if some stranger online made a stupid comment about you not knowing the band? As a grown woman who allegedly loves them why would you care?

I’ve been going to gigs since I was 15, dressed like a barbie at times and no one has ever made a comment. Or if I’ve worn band merch - no comments.

She’s using this as another way of insisting she’s the MOST alternative and knows ALL the bands way before you ever did.

Her life and personality are like a conveyor belt. She just goes round and round saying the same tit no one cares about. No one asked you “current favourite food?” No one.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It all comes across to me as the lady doth protest too much

I agree with all the last comments. Always worn whatever I want a long time lover of alt/rock/metal music and never felt any need to fit in. Eg - I have no tattoos and don’t feel the need, have never dyed my hair black or scene colours like they did back in the day, only have a few piercings….no one has ever made me feel stupid for wearing a band tee, mainstream or otherwise even though I look like a totally normal bird and no one would know by looking at me that mental screamy shouty music actually calms me LOL

I think people are probably questioning you Lily because this new you has literally come from nowhere and it’s the first we’ve EVER heard of you liking Iron Maiden and being so loud about being alt all of a sudden LOL

Reactions: 17

I agree with all the last comments. Always worn whatever I want a long time lover of alt/rock/metal music and never felt any need to fit in. Eg - I have no tattoos and don’t feel the need, have never dyed my hair black or scene colours like they did back in the day, only have a few piercings….no one has ever made me feel stupid for wearing a band tee, mainstream or otherwise even though I look like a totally normal bird and no one would know by looking at me that mental screamy shouty music actually calms me LOL

I think people are probably questioning you Lily because this new you has literally come from nowhere and it’s the first we’ve EVER heard of you liking Iron Maiden and being so loud about being alt all of a sudden LOL
Agree with all of this!
I've always listened to rock/metal and can honestly say in all my years of being an adult and going to gigs and festivals that the community is the most open minded and friendliest... Maybe I have got lucky but I've never turned up anywhere and felt judged for what I'm wearing, whether that be back in the days where I'd go all out in all the merch or more recently where I've turned up in whatever is comfiest?!
The only time I've found GatEkEePinG a thing is when we were teens and we were all either emos, chavs, scene kids, greebos but the key word there is Teens ...... No one lily's age gives a tit about gatekeeping, I'm guessing she got one odd comment from a man child about iron maiden and she's having a meltdown over it 🤧
If anyone gatekeeps it's her..... No one likes wrestling as much as lily, no one likes wearing black in summer as much as lily, no one likes 00s pop punk as much as lily blah blah blah
It's boring and embarrassing
Also so funny how she loves to mention how long she's been an emo for but one look back at her blog outs her as indie 😂
If she didn't care so much about making this point then no one else would but... She does soooo

Reactions: 13
It’s so weird. If I was wearing a band top and someone asked me what my fave album was I wouldn’t assume they were testing me.. I’d think they were striking a conversation and just tell them. She’s so paranoid!

Reactions: 17
It’s so weird. If I was wearing a band top and someone asked me what my fave album was I wouldn’t assume they were testing me.. I’d think they were striking a conversation and just tell them. She’s so paranoid!
It’s blantantly because she couldn’t answer a basic question when someone tried to make a convo so now she’s triggered 😂.

How can our scene queen, inventer of emo, trend setter of all alternative fashion on Instagram, inventer of ombré hair & wearing doc martins not be able to answer a simple questions about an ✨alternative / rock ✨ band?

She’s literally the only person I know who “gate keeps” anything… still living like she’s 18 it’s so boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
From the person who claims the invention of ombre hair, she's the last person who should complain of gatekeeping.

Reactions: 7
Who is asking about that horrible L necklace?! It’s awful. I genuinely don’t believe people keep asking. it might be nice if it was a little more dainty.

Totally agree. I was never an ‘emo’ back in school or anything but enjoyed some of the music like Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco. I went to see FOB with my friends and didn’t dress a certain way. No one even looked at me, they were there to enjoy their evening with their friends and the music. Like you said, I’m sure it happens but I’ve never had anyone make me feel stupid for not dressing a certain way or not knowing the entire back catalogue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That post about rings just reminded me of when she used to buy job lots of those oversized turquoise rings and sell them on her eBay! Because they were *her* thing!

I actually bought one. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 26
That post about rings just reminded me of when she used to buy job lots of those oversized turquoise rings and sell them on her eBay! Because they were *her* thing!

I actually bought one. 😳
A collectors item! Can you share a pic? 💍

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I actually bought one. 😳
We’ve all made mistakes 😅

• Haha

I actually bought one. 😳
Lol omg me too then I eventually realised they were resold cheap rings from China. I felt so cheated! I think they were available in sets too so she was separating them and adding like £3-5 on to the price.

I think I had them until not that long ago, like within the last 5 years.

If for some strange reason I didn't get rid of them all, I'll share a pic lol.

Edit: I'm pretty sure at least one if not all of these are from the LLYMLRS collection. I mean, they've held up pretty well.

Also I'm more of a hoarder than I realised, this is no longer my style.
20220916_162011.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What was the question she couldn't answer? I missed it!
There isn’t one I’m just guessing that’s what set off her story rant about being “judged” for wearing a band tee.
Someone probably asked her a really basic Q about Iron Maiden to make a conversation and she couldn’t answer it so
got triggered 😂.

• Haha
There isn’t one I’m just guessing that’s what set off her story rant about being “judged” for wearing a band tee.
Someone probably asked her a really basic Q about Iron Maiden to make a conversation and she couldn’t answer it so
got triggered 😂.
"Oh you like Iron Maiden? That's cool, me too! What's your favorite s.."
"OMG girls can like Iron Maiden too, I bought this when I went to see them LIVE, I can prove it uh I'm so alternative but so misunderstood I just love metal ALRIGHT"

Screenshot_20220916_164308.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lol omg me too then I eventually realised they were resold cheap rings from China. I felt so cheated! I think they were available in sets too so she was separating them and adding like £3-5 on to the price.

I think I had them until not that long ago, like within the last 5 years.

If for some strange reason I didn't get rid of them all, I'll share a pic lol.

Edit: I'm pretty sure at least one if not all of these are from the LLYMLRS collection. I mean, they've held up pretty well.

Also I'm more of a hoarder than I realised, this is no longer my style.
View attachment 1582888
I swear I bought exactly the same ones 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
"Oh you like Iron Maiden? That's cool, me too! What's your favorite s.."
"OMG girls can like Iron Maiden too, I bought this when I went to see them LIVE, I can prove it uh I'm so alternative but so misunderstood I just love metal ALRIGHT"

View attachment 1582933
I just had a quick browse on her twitter as I forgot twitter even existed for a moment there but jeez she’s just as cringe on there

How many times she used the phrase “the homies” or “I’m screaming crying throwing up” is making me want to scream, cry and throw up

Also the sheer vulgarity that is the term “raw dogging” that she keeps using even if she is using it in jest or to be ironic it’s still just rank coming from a woman in her mid 30s

I can’t cope with this second hand embarrassment

Also I went to see Manchester Orchestra on their tour last night and I’m dying to see what drivel she comes out about it with her going tonight because there were literally a thousand people of all different ages, looks and styles - a complete mix and people were genuinely so nice there 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I just had a quick browse on her twitter as I forgot twitter even existed for a moment there but jeez she’s just as cringe on there

How many times she used the phrase “the homies” or “I’m screaming crying throwing up” is making me want to scream, cry and throw up

Also the sheer vulgarity that is the term “raw dogging” that she keeps using even if she is using it in jest or to be ironic it’s still just rank coming from a woman in her mid 30s

I can’t cope with this second hand embarrassment

Also I went to see Manchester Orchestra on their tour last night and I’m dying to see what drivel she comes out about it with her going tonight because there were literally a thousand people of all different ages, looks and styles - a complete mix and people were genuinely so nice there 😂
It makes me cringe so hard. We're the same age and ran in similar circles, I just can't imagine talking like that.

How was the gig?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.