Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't she too old to have been a scene kid? She's 31 isn't she? I'm 33 and when I was a teen there was the whole greebo/grunger scene and skate punk. I didn't see my first emo until I was 19, at a HIM concert lol, and noticed all these young teens in impossibly skinny black jeans with back combed hair. I particularly remember one guy that kept a huge can of hairspray in his back pocket and kept using it. Then scene was a few years after that!
Sometimes I feel a bit left out with all this emo nostalgia, no one talks about grunger or nu metal stuff. 🤣
Yes I was a greebo as well 😂 I never hear people mention them though it's always about the emos! We were around to see all the emos explode onto the scene and it was at the exact time of green days American idiot album being released! We always prided ourelves on being better though as we were the OGs and not all about the hair or skinny jeans 🤦🏻‍♀️
It is so odd to still be stuck in this phase though like why would you still want to cling on to your teen stereotype at age 30?
My music taste hasn't changed at all, but why would you go around acting like you are the only scene kid ever, its so embarrassing!
I definitely think she is trying to bring focus to her being an emo now tough to distract from her wrestling phase because it's had so much negative stuff coem out lately

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I genuinely think lily is so caught up on this ‘emo/scene’ identity because her whole life quite literally revolves around it. Other people grow out of being consumed by a certain identity because you go out, get a job in the ‘real world’ and have other tit going on. Lily still very much lives the life of a teenager: in her bedroom, taking photos of herself and spending hours upon hours online (basically what a lot of kids did in the MySpace times!!). All it shows is how immature she still is in ways. Most other people simply don’t have the time to obsess so much and have much more going on in life to pin to their identity.

Reactions: 22
I genuinely think lily is so caught up on this ‘emo/scene’ identity because her whole life quite literally revolves around it. Other people grow out of being consumed by a certain identity because you go out, get a job in the ‘real world’ and have other tit going on. Lily still very much lives the life of a teenager: in her bedroom, taking photos of herself and spending hours upon hours online (basically what a lot of kids did in the MySpace times!!). All it shows is how immature she still is in ways. Most other people simply don’t have the time to obsess so much and have much more going on in life to pin to their identity.
Totally agree! I think most people change drastically between their teens and their early 30s. Fair enough you can still enjoy the music and the fashions from the past, but like you said, most people move on, grow up and get jobs, have relationships and what not, all of which change you as a person.

Reactions: 10
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: she actually has a really unique opportunity to make decent, relevant content as a 31-year old who does live in a house share, isn’t in a serious relationship, doesn’t have kids, doesn’t have a big career etc.

There are a lot women like her out there, and many more who would relate to aspects of her life (aka not having everything society and the media tells us we should) who would probably love to see someone talk about all these things; it would be a true niche and I think if done well, she’d probably garner a very loyal and engaged following.

She’s clearly too lazy to do it, though. Just stuck in her bedroom, taking outfit pics, competing with 18-year olds who have far more relevant style. I think she’s still got such an inflated ego from her Lookbook.Nu and early blogging days. People have moved on, Lily! Time for you to move on too.

Reactions: 33
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: she actually has a really unique opportunity to make decent, relevant content as a 31-year old who does live in a house share, isn’t in a serious relationship, doesn’t have kids, doesn’t have a big career etc.

There are a lot women like her out there, and many more who would relate to aspects of her life (aka not having everything society and the media tells us we should) who would probably love to see someone talk about all these things; it would be a true niche and I think if done well, she’d probably garner a very loyal and engaged following.

She’s clearly too lazy to do it, though. Just stuck in her bedroom, taking outfit pics, competing with 18-year olds who have far more relevant style. I think she’s still got such an inflated ego from her Lookbook.Nu and early blogging days. People have moved on, Lily! Time for you to move on too.
Yes this would be so good for her! I’d love to see that kind of content, and like you said it would be so unique to her and I think her following, many of whom have grown up with her would appreciate it. I wasn’t there in the early blogging days but did find her pretty early on, and have stuck with her since. So it would be really nice to see the content evolve the way we all have.

Reactions: 12

I'd love to hear about her funny dating or funny housemate stories, or things to do in London that are perhaps less touristy, or some advice with regards to finding a room in London and her experiences. It'd be so much more refreshing than just outfits and affiliate links.

Reactions: 13
I didn't mind her vlogs when she lived in the Brighton flat with Aerys. I found her meal vlogs interesting too! Surely she could do that in a houseshare? Her housemates know what she does for a living so I don't see the issue. 31 and living in a househare isn't that uncommon these days.

Reactions: 12
Yeah i was wondering if it was a filter or filler, its so hard to tell these days.
She's moaning about her hair being orange but she barely washes it so is she bothering to keep on top of the colour with a toning shampoo?

Reactions: 6
what happened to aerys?
She lives with her mum apparently. She was/is such a sweet cat. As others have mentioned above I would love to see Lily, well do something. I guess the aff links are paying the bills so she can't be bothered. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Her lips looked gross when she did that pout at the end of her stories.

Reactions: 4
I really feel like Lily is one of these content creators who should probably move on and do something else with their lives but can’t because they have zero skills that are applicable to any other job.

Reactions: 23
Her lips make my face hurt just looking at them. The bee sting look is not good. I wish she would stop. She’s a very attractive woman, I don’t understand why she shoves so much artificial crap in her face. It’s to the point where she isn’t enhancing her look; it just looks bad, makes her look old like she isn’t aging well and trying to hide it, and it’s just so obvious that she has fillers.

Reactions: 5

I don’t know who this girl is, but lily could be the 4th member of their girl group.
The two girls in leather jackets wearing basically identical outfits down to the belts is sending me 😁 Lily would fit right in as she's so so AlTeRnAtIvE. Her and Helen Anderson basically dress the same but yet Lily seems to think she invented that style of dressing.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.