Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah sheā€™s getting really repetitive now. It goes:

Affiliate link
Affiliate link
Affiliate link
Look at all this expensive stuff I was sent for free
Omg can you guys BELIEVE I still listen to Head Automatica / wear Converse / [insert bleeping boring 2004 reference here]
Affiliate link
Affiliate link
Got catcalled AGAIN šŸ¤Ŗ Honestly I canā€™t even wear a dress because Iā€™m soOoOo hot

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Where have these random catcalling posts come from? I don't think I'd ever heard her comment on this (or anything related to feminism) at all previously?

Reactions: 7
I feel like itā€™s since Sarah Everardā€™s murder. Sheā€™s spoken about being catcalled, but in a really crappy narcissistic way.

Reactions: 16
Yeah itā€™s so odd! The first time I noticed it was a couple of weeks ago when she somehow knew it was going to happen. I know men do it all the time and itā€™s annoying as duck but Iā€™ve never in my life got dressed to go to Tesco and thought ā€œI hope I donā€™t get catcalledā€ and then it just so happens she was exactly right.

I lived in London for 10 years and donā€™t think itā€™s any better or worse for catcalling than anywhere else in the country.

The worst thing is it comes across as a humble brag and itā€™s so gross and unseemly.

Just read it back and she says ā€œonly got cat called onceā€ like duck off Lily. Iā€™m not saying it doesnā€™t happen to her but she sounds bleeping proud of it.

Iā€™m convinced sheā€™s terrified of getting old and something like being catcalled makes her feel like sheā€™s still got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think with catcalling - for me it's not that she even calls it out for what it is. It's just that she mentions it and there's no action behind it.

I think as an "influencer" if you mention these things and it's something you feel strongly about, surely there's a response / movement / advice you can suggest to people experiencing the same.

I don't doubt that catcalling makes her feel uncomfortable, and I don't condone catcalling at all. I just wish there was a more constructive way she could mention it in her stories that would help her followers who experience the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve never commented here before but I live in the same part of London as Lily and I saw her walking into M&S yesterday as I was walking out and two things that struck me were that although she is by no means fat, she definitely looked noticeably bigger than in her photos - Iā€™d say closer to a size 16 than a size 12. And secondly she was wearing her mask so that it didnā€™t cover her nose šŸ˜«

on the cat calling thing itā€™s particularly bad round here I have to say. I get cat called every time I go out no matter what Iā€™m wearing (usually leggings and a baggy too with no makeup these days!) and I would say i am totally average looking. So I donā€™t doubt itā€™s happening to her and I sort of do understand why she posts about it because it can be quite upsetting but I guess itā€™s not really useful to her followers in any way.

Reactions: 22
Anyone else just seen on her insta stories sheā€™s gonna take loads of pictures of her hair so people can show their hairdressers... this girl is so obsessed with herself šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Anyone else just seen on her insta stories sheā€™s gonna take loads of pictures of her hair so people can show their hairdressers... this girl is so obsessed with herself šŸ˜‚
The only reason I would ever show that to a stylist is to say "here's what I absolutely don't want"
I could never stand that weird thing she does where she seems to brush all her hair forward.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why on earth would you want an half grown out mop as inspiration? Sheā€™s such a narcissist.

Reactions: 10
This doesn't surprise me at all. Didn't she say once that ombre was her thing and kept accusing people of copying her?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think all the ladies here can safely say weā€™ve been catcalled at some point. It is an age old issue unfortunately and itā€™s great that Lily is highlighting it, but whatā€™s not great is how sheā€™s pointing out that it happens a lot and then doesnā€™t post any resources or petitions we can get involved in to stop it.

Reactions: 8
Her and Lily Melrose need to start a club of self importance šŸ™„
LOL don't mind me, thought I'd clicked on someone else's thread and thought it sounded very Lily esque šŸ™Š

• Haha
Reactions: 11
LOL don't mind me, thought I'd clicked on someone else's thread and thought it sounded very Lily esque šŸ™Š
I mean I wouldnā€™t put it past it joining her own fan club šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.