Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orangesocks182

I was speaking to a friend who is really good friends with her and they said that she is also doing freelance stuff out of influencing for her income, but wouldn’t elaborate more on what that involves. 🧐 she’s in-genuine and doing “influencing” for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 12

CatHun

VIP Member
This is really random but I swear she made a big deal about having a latex allergy a few years ago? But has just bought some latex pillow? There was something else latex a few weeks ago that I was like ??? At but I have no idea if I’m remembering right
She was!! It was at the same time that she was scared of pencils wasn’t it?

• Haha

Artaud

That was all bravado she was always desperate to try and keep up with her peers who were buying property at the time. Lily’s peak would have been when before and during living in London, I think it is a bit unfortunate how back then bloggers didn’t earn a great deal.
- She moved to Brighton because she couldn’t afford to rent by herself in London.
- Moved to her second flat in Brighton, which was obviously cheaper, worse location and smaller, she always seemed to dislike it.
- Mentioned buying property in Brighton.
- Moved back home.
- Talked about buying property in her hometown earlier this year.
- The moved to London a few weeks later.

Even with affiliate links she can’t be earning a great deal, especially for London, I think the only financial security Lily has is that she can move back home. Whilst I don’t believe people should dress or act a certain way, or achieve certain milestones by a certain age I do think she is a bit foolish in terms of having one income stream in such an unstable career.

Lily can hire me as her biographer if she wants. :censored:

• Haha

Lemonz

VIP Member
Absolutely love that this thread has descended into MCR chat - i didnt get to see them live until the Black Parade tour and Reading festival (just checked the lineup for 2011 and they headlined main stage after 30 seconds to mars, offspring, deftones, rise against, bring me the horizon and new found glory also played main stage that day... and yes i was slightly too old to be an emo kid by then!)

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
All her skin care stories today, yes it’s an ad but I feel like she’s trying to reinvent herself because skincare videos are popular right now. Why use a stupid filter when showing skincare?? I don’t get it
I mean, she’s far too late to reinvent herself as a skin care influencer, let’s be honest.

She’s using and recommending the Oskia Renaissance cleanser and the Caudalie Elixir? Even the products she’s using are outdated - these were popular five years ago! Obviously if products work then they continue to sell, but I feel like there are a billion cheaper versions of both of these with more modern active ingredients. Obviously she’s just touting anything she’s been gifted or has an affiliate for. Extremely lazy and transparent.

It’s like she refuses to move with the times and evolve her content. She seems really stubborn. It cannot be working that well for her?

ekl2000

VIP Member
Bloody hell she did swipe ups yesterday for stuff off ASOS she didn’t even like? Integrity, I’ve never heard of her.

• Haha

amylia

If I remember correctly, I think Milkteef got a job as a receptionist at a car garage. Something like that anyway. I think she did it for more stable income to get a mortgage. Oh those were the glory days when Lily, Kate & Emma were like a little witchy blogger coven.

• Heart

Bostonrob

I have no problem if this is how she wants to make money. My personal opinion as a fellow 30 something is just how the eff is this sustainable? Is she going to be doing affiliate links when she’s 40? 50? How is she saving for the future and “retirement”? These are all things people should be thinking and planning for in their 30s (honestly, sooner IMO, but I may be extra manic/panicky about the future so maybe that’s just a me thing haha). I just don’t get how this is a viable “career” in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. I’m not trying to shame her or anyone, I genuinely am curious. Because it gives me literal panic seeing her entire day just 500 stories of the same make up over and over again and fluorescent neon barf eye shadow and 500 more stories about a mirror she broke and repurchased 5 times. There is more to life............

• Heart
Reactions: 11

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Anyone else just seen on her insta stories she’s gonna take loads of pictures of her hair so people can show their hairdressers... this girl is so obsessed with herself 😂
This doesn't surprise me at all. Didn't she say once that ombre was her thing and kept accusing people of copying her?

• Haha

Felicity12

Her new hair sort of squashes her whole face? Can't explain it but the fringe does not look flattering at all

Tortuga

I’ve stopped following her. Just sick of being bombarded with stuff to buy! At the very least it’s just really boring.

Lola123

VIP Member
Nah be a tattoo of her hair so when people ask she just turns around as it’s on the back of her neck

• Haha

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
She never seems very friendly does she. I liked her vlogs but I'm not that interested in her hauls on insta.

I rhink she makes ig filters and probably edits other influencers pics and work. Considering she has a graphic design degeee i don't know why she doesnt open a shop .selling her designs etc. Gabby lindley is.somehow managing to make.thousands out of that despite not being able to.draw.

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
I can't believe she's doing an aff swipe up link for something she doesn't even own. I understand when influencers try to find alternatives/budget versions of something they wore but just to aff link EVERYTHING on your feed, good lord. She's just a shopping Insta at this point. In the meantime, don't you dare ask her anything about her life, any illnesses (unless she had a bacterial lung infection and as a result didn't post any affiliate links for a few days, oh no) her suddenly missing cat that was the love of her life, etc etc.

At this point I'm tempted to unfollow because I liked her content, style and make up when there was a person and life behind it but now I might as well just browse the Asos app on my own.

PeterF

Agree. Like now her ‘job’ is to just post asos screenshots and affiliate links... I can browse asos myself thanks. I always get the mean girl vibe, like she hasn’t grown out of that teen mentality that what you like makes you cool and like she’s very protective over what she deems are ‘her things’. Like wrestling and certain bands. God knows how she can sustain herself living in london

Yes I get this, I love wrestling too and have commented on a few posts and you tube videos a long time ago about wrestling stuff shes mentioned but she never commented back. I get influencers cant reply to all messages but I get the impression shes the only girl allowed to like wrestling, if you get what I mean.