Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
View attachment 772104 View attachment 772116 View attachment 772125

I mean these photos are probably like 7-10 years old or whatever but these styles are still so much nicer than any thing she has put together recently. Her hair looks so much lovelier being more natural in colour too. And her old lips and face.... oh she has no idea how much prettier she was before she started messing with all these ridiculous fillers. Your natural face is lovely enough Lily! And I know we all have to get older but I just don't think the answer is fill your face, lips and chin with fillers and overemphasise your whole face to try and counteract that. Literally, just look after your skin, drink water and do a bit of exercise and you'll always look good for your age - there's no reason to do all this crazy shit women do now. And I mean this is very early 30's.... what's she going to turn to once she's into her 40s and 50s? Just no need

To be fair to her though she has always loved leopard print even way back in the day it features a lot in her outfits
I loved her outfits back then. I practically idolised her and Emma milkteef

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Vixen88

VIP Member
She perpetually looks mucky. Like she needs a good hair wash and scrub. I do think that filter she insists on using doesn’t help.
Always thought this with her old YouTube videos. I mostly did like them, but whenever she did her makeup her brushes were filthy and foundation all over smashed up palettes.

• Sick

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
More Q and A's.
Where is your cat?
Do you use tinder or have you managed to get on raya?
Are you still trying to do veganism?
Do you have part time work outside of Instagram?
How much do you make per post and per link?
How much of your hauls do you keep?
Would you want to be on love island etc?
How have you recovered from your RA?
What side effects do your meds have if any?

Artaud

Maybe but she did share on IG when she saw her old friend/photographer a few times over summer. Does she still talk to Emma who used to her BFF when she lived in Brighton?

What will come first, Lily reading the room or ASOS banning her for excessive returns?

• Haha

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Why would somebody ask this?? Could she make it any more obvious that she's asking herself the Qs
Such a weirdly specific question too. I can’t imagine anyone genuinely asking that, it just sounds very forced and is clearly Lily trying to shoehorn in her affiliate links in

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
I’m pretty sure she must be doing something else. Working freelance doing graphic design or something, I genuinely can’t believe that she’s making enough to live on just by affiliate links, she’s probably making a good amount but I really don’t believe that’s her only income
I definitely don't think it is her only income, I just think it is a disgusting way to use her leftover 'influener' status. Like she's just using her followers as easy cash in her pocket. She could at least be creative about her posts with aff links or make proper styling videos. but she just recycles the same selfies over and over again. Or takes a picture of her slippers 6x a week and thinks that's totally fine to link to each time?

That's what irks me. If she doesn't want to create content/share her life, fine, but then also don't try to act like an influencer and still expect people to engage with your stuff on SM.

hmsizzle

Seeing her constantly plug new look is so cringe. I actually went in for the first time in years yesterday and it’s basically just peacocks…

Bostonrob

It’s such an odd and unusual industry, and especially in these times, it feels like could fall apart at any second. I find it fascinating. And I’m so curious how this will all play out as people age. Maybe it’s just that I don’t follow these people, but are there a lot of successful influencers surviving off affiliates links who are “older”? Someone who Lily would be in 5-10 years?
it’s interesting to say the least.
In general for influencers, not just Lily. I genuinely wish her well. I loved her blog and YouTube videos from waaaay back and even though my style has drastically changed from hers over the years, I for some reason can’t unfollow her. She’s like some old classmate to me who I have fond feelings for and check in on like we’re still best friends but haven’t talked in 15years 🤣 I hope she has a plan B.

insectoverlords

Have we hit a new low today? Lily is “repurposing” (her words!) a dress she bought last summer to a spring dress today. REPURPOSING. Does she mean... simply rewearing clothes like every other fucking normal person?
Wearing a jumper and tights with a dress in February, groundbreaking. Whatever did we do before influencers.

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
I think she should give the influencing a rest because she’s influencing me to not buy anything! So much waste!

The thing is as well that Lily was popular when her style (at the time) was much more ubiquitous, because of the high street and fast fashion domination. It was like style bloggers had a uniform then.

I think things are much more individualistic now, especially given the push for more eco-friendly options, vintage, second hand, small independent labels etc. When a piece does become ubiquitous, like the infamous Zara polka dot dress, it reaches a saturation point and becomes a meme. That never happened with American Apparel Disco pants and Jeffrey Campbell Litas, Topshop camo print jackets and Jamie jeans worn with Converse or Vans, high street rip-offs of Chloe Susanna boots or Isabel Marant Dicker boots worn with Zara mini dresses. All with ombre bleached hair and a Gucci Soho bag, of course!

Lily’s style has evolved somewhat, obviously, but I think she’s too much of a slave to her old ways to be particularly inspiring to most of us. Then there’s the fact that she puts the barest minimum into her photos.

It really feels like she’s stuck in 2010-2013 to me, in more ways than one.

Edited to add: honestly, in like 10 years she’s only changed physically. She’s still doing exactly the same thing with relatively similar outfits and a lack of makeup skills? The poses I find WAY more cringe now, too:

View attachment 489352

(And not to be mean but you can see here she was a good dress size or two smaller than she is now, she’s definitely not back to her pre-illness weight as some seem to think).
I completely agree with you. Lilly used to be at the top of her blogging game. She used to post her outfits daily and her style was quickly replicated by her supporters.

But she hasn't evolved as the influencer world has evolved. Tik tok has shone such a light on individuality, community and self love that the OG blogger crowd cant keep up and integrate into. The attempts at reels have been almost painful watch and don't have any signs of originality. All i see these days are a slew of instagram questioners about "What would you like to see" with people like Lily trying to keep up with the ever changing world of social media.

I too liked Lily back in the day but I can't relate to her now and the mentality of thinking that wearing a fedora and star print is a personality trait has made me skip past many a story. I also found some of her O&A answers lately a bit defensive.

amylia

She moans about posting personal stuff & gets offended when anyone asks her about something other than clothes but I enjoyed those stories a lot more than the constant affiliate links. People want content Lily, not link after to link to more crap from ASOS or Nasty Gal.

under the ivy

VIP Member
Anyone else find her wrestling stuff cringe? Like you do you, but it makes her content look all over the place.

larabrn

Thoughts? 👀
Underwhelming. 😴

It’s about as meh as tattoos go imo but my husband is covered neck to feet in American traditional tattoos so I’m probably biased.

edited to say I don’t think it’s bad however and each to their own. As long as she likes it!

Last edited: