Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
She looked better with thinner brows and without lip fillers. The lip fillers add unwanted volume to her fatter face. I'm so done with the eyefucking poses she keeps posting. I'm still baffled how she makes any money at all.
I agree. She looks so much more alive and way more individual in the grey t-shirt pic above. I was really struck by it when I found it, I’d forgotten she used to look like that.

So many influencers look exactly the same now. Big brows don’t suit everyone, and lip filler rarely suit anyone in my opinion, especially when overdone.

Lily’s just a clone now. She was at the forefront of something that had a lot of possibility, but was too lazy, stubborn and arrogant to look at the bigger picture. Now she’s a lower tier Instagrammer who’s incessant aff link posting just comes across as desperate.

Reactions: 13

ejej123

Chatty Member
I know discussion around catcalling and other harassment is massive at the moment but the way Lily approached that did seem really odd 🤔

TheNapQueen

Lily.... I don’t want you to ask about my personal life or know anything about me... also Lily... here’s a photo of me in my pants to make me some dosh 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lily lies about being ill, or the severity of her illness and she’s constantly changing her narrative. You can’t claim you took to a break from the online world (aka your job) because you were too ill to walk, your mother had to dress you and you could only wear one pair of shoes and leggings when you were living a normal life offline and were literally caught on camera doing so on a mountain.

She should he held accountable for lying as she’s doing it for sympathy so people click on her affiliate links. Influencers using illnesses as a scape goat is not cool.
Yeah this is not the take. If a person is chronically ill that is their business and their business alone and it isn't up to anyone else to decide whether they're lying or not. It's incredibly ableist and unfair to accuse someone of lying because you can't physically see their illness, and sometimes people with RA are able to get up and act like everything is normal - especially if their income relies on it.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Lily could have really unique and interesting content if she tried. She’s a 30 something living in a house share in London, which personally I think could make for interesting content. But she seems to begrudge sharing anything remotely personal online. I get that, I don’t like sharing that much online. But then I’m not making a living as an influencer. She really needs to decide what it is she wants, as at the moment it all seems very strained. I think she should either commit to being an influencer and start sharing more and interacting with her followers more, or just needs to leave it. I think sharing affiliate links would be fine if she did this along side a full time job, but she doesn’t appear to have anything else.

fadedglow

If she's not sure she's going to show her followers her tattoo, why say anything in the first place? Is she not aware how incredibly attention-seeking that comes across? I don't consider showing people your tattoo on social media as "oversharing" either (I guess that's dependent on where it is though!).

Iwantyoutoknow22

Chatty Member
Shame she can’t affiliate link bleach so she can capitalise on the classic ‘llymlrs ombré’ which she invented of course

• Haha
Reactions: 12

ktypage

“I’m not like other girls, I don’t like tea- how controversial” 🤣🤣
*proceeds to make cup of tea anyway and tell the world about it*

• Haha

Tabbytiger

VIP Member
I idolised her so much about 10 years ago when I first started reading her blog in high school but it’s so mad how much my life has changed in that timeframe whilst hers is in EXACTLY the same place. It just isn’t relatable anymore, I’m guessing most of her followers are older and independent now and if you have bills and maybe a family you do not have loads of money to splurge on clothes!

Artaud

Idk she always had greasy hair during this time and honestly, it always made her look dirty lol.
I think Lily’s always looked a bit grubby, she always looks like she’s woken up with yesterdays makeup still on and hasn’t washed her hair for at least a week.

• Haha

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I used to love Lily back in the day,
I don’t follow her these days but from a quick look at her account it seems like her life is just the exact same? Everyone else I follow from the same era seems to have moved on, either become really successful as influencers or stopped with the blogs/insta and have jobs, families, homes but she is just kind of stuck in the same place 12 or so years on.

• Heart

CatHun

VIP Member
Why does she say that clothes aren’t on brand for her? You are a girl in your 30’s posting pictures of yourself in the mirror, you aren’t a brand!!

larabrn

Lily split with Ivor when she still lived in Ludlow. At some point during her time in London or Brighton Lily said she was embarrassed by him because he wasn’t aesthetically pleasing. Lily Melrose as charming as ever.

Before she moved to London she dated a guy called Jake and joked about how she left his sheets orange.

She dated a guy called Jay when she was living in London. Lily said whilst she was away, I think her Japan trip, he found someone else. Years later she started to claim he was controlling, this seemed to centre around him apparently not allowing her to wear a gold pair shoes to a NYE party because it would have made her too tall. But Lily already featured said shoes in a video and said she didn’t wear them because gold didn’t go with her outfit, they were also pretty much a flat shoe so take what she says with a pinch of salt.

Why do I remember this much about someone I don’t even like?

She looks better without those awful orange filters she uses, she is editing all her IG content and using a body filter on her reels/IG stories.
She is so inconsistent with how she edits her jawline and body. On her upper arms she has stretch marks running down to her crease, most of the time she smoothes the skin until there is no trace of them. Stretch marks are natural and not necessarily an indication of being overweight.

She does seem obsessed with her weight and fitting in the smallest clothing size possible, some of the dresses she wears are just too small and compress her breasts.
When Lily started blogging for claimed she was a size 14, first picture, then lost weight and said she was a size 10-12. With the current amount of weight she’s carrying there is just no way Lily is still the same size as she was back then. I don’t think Lily even has the self awareness to see how it can negatively impact her followers.
You’re like a Lily encyclopaedia! 😁

• Haha

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
God, she’s such a fashion victim. Just because a haircut is trending doesn’t mean it will suit you.

That awful fringe just weirdly highlights her swollen lips. She looks so smug in every photo but girl has nothing to be smug about.

Artaud

RA can flare up and settle down. Maybe she genuinely is restricted from doing something but can have a period of time where life is “normal” and she is able to do things pain free?
That’s the point.

Lilly claimed she couldn’t walk, her mum had to dress her, she could only wear one pair of leggings shoes because of her RA and yet at the exact time she was referring to she is in one of Helen Anderson’s vlogs, walking perfectly fine, without her mother and those specific items of clothing at a ski resort in France.

You can’t pick and choose when you are/aren’t ill and what you can/can’t do. Lily said she was returning a dress because it had poppers and was bad for her RA yet can spend all day on her phone. Similarly she used to say she had to buy slip-on shoes because she couldn’t bend down to tie shoelaces due to her scoliosis.

There’s too many inconsistencies that don’t add up and she’ll literally done this before with another illness which she no longer mentions.

Misdiagnosis happens and you don't know what her doctors were saying at the time. Can we please drop it?
How about no?
Scoliosis is only diagnosed through X-rays, Lily claimed to have scoliosis for at least three years in which time various medications and doctors appointments were mentioned for it. You don’t casually drop one illness after several years because you’ve decided you have RA.

This is a gossip site and if people want to talk about how profoundly odd it is to lie about being ill then they can do it.🤷‍♀️