Lily James

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What??!! Maybe it was all publicity then! What a hurtful thing for Dominic West to do to his children if he humiliated their mother for the sake of some cheap publicity ?! Unless he thought she was into him and she called the paps so only pr on her side!
It amazes me how unscathed he came in all this, hope if there is a song it shows him up

Reactions: 3
She doesn't have Pam's build, doesn't have the accent and a body double has had to be hired to do things she can't or won't do. How stupid. Why not employ an American actor with the right build and accent?
Pamela Anderson isn't American.

The body double could be for many reasons. Body doubles often help shoot scenes where the main actor/actress isn't on set to either set the scene or for retakes. It's also likely that Lily will wear prosthetics in the movie.

The key is finding a good actress and not a lookalike. Getting a show/movie greenlit often requires certain star power. A TV show with Lily James is more likely to be watched than one with a less known actress who happens to have mega boobs.

Reactions: 1
The body double could be for many reasons. Body doubles often help shoot scenes where the main actor/actress isn't on set to either set the scene or for retakes
This is completely off topic and totally irrelevant, but gives me the chance to 'out' my claim to fame. I used to work as an extra for many years, and was mates with Rowan Atkinsons hand double in Johnny English 😄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Wouldn't it be hypocritical of them to make a movie about the impact that it's had on Pam Anderson when Pam Anderson herself doesn't want it to be made? They're just trying to capitalize on her trauma but masquerading it like it's some woke commentary on what happened. It seems disrespectful to me.
We don't know that it is "masquerading like it's some woke commentary". We need to actually see it before judging it.

We don't know that it is "masquerading like it's some woke commentary". We need to actually see it before judging it.
I don't doubt that they'll be able to make a good biopic, but I'm judging it based on the fact that they're exploiting Pam Andersons trauma and making it without her consent.

Reactions: 6
I don't doubt that they'll be able to make a good biopic, but I'm judging it based on the fact that they're exploiting Pam Andersons trauma and making it without her consent.
But again look at the context of my post. Where does anyone involved say or imply that it is masquerading as a "woke commentary"?

Reactions: 1
You didn't, I was describing my impression of it.
I think my point is being lost here. You said

"Wouldn't it be hypocritical of them to make a movie about the impact that it's had on Pam Anderson when Pam Anderson herself doesn't want it to be made? They're just trying to capitalize on her trauma but masquerading it like it's some woke commentary on what happened. It seems disrespectful to me."

My point is we don't know whether they are "masquerading" is as "some woke commentary ". They could present it as complete sleaze. They could make zero comment on her trauma. It could go lots of different ways. We need to actually see it to know how they handle it. Pam herself may even think differently when she actually sees it. Plus, I don't think that it is always necessary to have the support of the person themselves. It depends on the context of how they present the story.

I think my point is being lost here. You said

"Wouldn't it be hypocritical of them to make a movie about the impact that it's had on Pam Anderson when Pam Anderson herself doesn't want it to be made? They're just trying to capitalize on her trauma but masquerading it like it's some woke commentary on what happened. It seems disrespectful to me."

My point is we don't know whether they are "masquerading" is as "some woke commentary ". They could present it as complete sleaze. They could make zero comment on her trauma. It could go lots of different ways.
Sorry if there's been a miscommunication! I just mean that they can't really tiptoe around her trauma, if the movie is going to be about the specific relationship that all that trauma stemmed from. My impression (which could definitely be wrong) is that it isn't going to aim to be sleazy, I don't think they would have landed Lily James and Sebastian Stan if it was. Im just saying that no matter how hard they try to do the story justice and make audiences sympathize with Pam Anderson, it's exploitative from the get go because Pam Anderson has not signed off on the project. It just seems really disrespectful to me to tell someone's very personal story without their consent, I won't be watching it for that reason.

Reactions: 4
I'm very curious to see how Lily does in the Pam biopic. Lily reminds of Kristen Stewart in that she has a very youthful vibe and face, and that can make the transition to more "adult roles" (for lack of a better word) difficult. To me, Rose MacClare and Cinderella are the sorts of roles that defined Lily, and Bella Swan and random, teenage hipsters make me think of KStew.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Two people have, separately and unprompted, told me today that they are completely sick of the sight of Lily James and don't understand why she's in everything. One was a woman in her 60s and one in her 30s so a real demographic range...

Reactions: 9
Two people have, separately and unprompted, told me today that they are completely sick of the sight of Lily James and don't understand why she's in everything. One was a woman in her 60s and one in her 30s so a real demographic range...
I know we see different things in actors, but I find her such a limited actress. I dont think shes very good at all, and it irritates me that she bloody turns up in things I want to watch and ruins them. I dont know how she gets parts either, over and above being posh and knowing lots of people in the industry.

Reactions: 9
I know we see different things in actors, but I find her such a limited actress. I dont think shes very good at all, and it irritates me that she bloody turns up in things I want to watch and ruins them. I dont know how she gets parts either, over and above being posh and knowing lots of people in the industry.
I couldn't agree more, I find her very limited which is why I think this Pam role will be make or break. If she does nail it it's something completely out of her comfort zone but I have my doubts.

Reactions: 5
I agree, her character in The Dig was just not necessary and was annoying.

I agree, her character in The Dig was just not necessary and was annoying.
That annoyed me such a lot! Her character in real life was an acclaimed excavator and had a major part in discovering the Sutton Hoo haul as well as other previous discoveries in East Anglia. They wanted her, not just her husband to be involved in the real dig, yet she was turned into a bimbo in the film with no use but to add a bit of sex into the film for no reason. It may have been the writing but she just turns every character she plays into an airhead.

It may have been the writing but she just turns every character she plays into an airhead.
This is true. I find her acting limited and I'm tired of seeing her in everything. Although I am interested to see her take on Pam!

This is true. I find her acting limited and I'm tired of seeing her in everything. Although I am interested to see her take on Pam!
Me too. I wonder if she’ll turn out to be like Alice Cooper in Wayne’s World, very articulate and intelligent behind closed doors 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t get the comments that she’s a limited actress. She’s a properly trained actress from Guildhall. There’s a difference in being typecast in movies and in actually being limited.

Think of how Matthew McConaughey was typecast in romcoms despite having far more in him.