Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can’t get over the Japan thing.

Their relationship just seems so toxic.
---
Also noted Lilys apology was “sorry YOU felt that way.”

They turned the comments off on that video. This was a misstep from them.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

Yel

Dreamt I went on a night out with her and Miquita was a shite night and they were a pair of mean girls 😢
I always expect them to start ripping to shreds someone and their voice note after playing it.

Of course they don't because that would be career suicide, but you can only imagine what they're saying off air.

Reactions: 5
I always expect them to start ripping to shreds someone and their voice note after playing it.

Of course they don't because that would be career suicide, but you can only imagine what they're saying off air.
Haha! Me too!

Reactions: 2
I’m convinced the edited out snark is high with the phone-in questions. I find the pod entertaining but the bitchy vibes all over the place especially with Lily. I think Miquita comes across as the more spaced out of the two, which is certainly a change from her younger tv persona which was always a bit too cool for school.

Reactions: 9
Some bitchiness does leak out sometimes - like when someone shared just a story with no question and Lily said ‘what is this, story time??’ In quite an acerbic way.

Reactions: 10
I still can’t get over the Japan thing.

Their relationship just seems so toxic.
---
Also noted Lilys apology was “sorry YOU felt that way.”

They turned the comments off on that video. This was a misstep from them.
Agreed, their friendship back then in particular sounded very competitive.

In one episode a few weeks ago when Miquita spoke about how she would often be horrible to Lily when they were all going out together to try and impress her other "cooler" friends... some of things Lily did to Miquita later made a bit more sense 😅

Miquita was doing well on TV by that point and it sounds like Lily decided to get her own back as she got older and much more famous than Miquita (although sleeping with your supposed best friend's first love ex boyfriend is very low!).

Very toxic behaviour from the both of them.

Reactions: 12
Some bitchiness does leak out sometimes - like when someone shared just a story with no question and Lily said ‘what is this, story time??’ In quite an acerbic way.
That pissed me off - they obviously listen and choose which clips to post. Typical mean girl behaviour.

Reactions: 3
Those people that send in voice notes saying how they look forward to the podcast all week and feel like they're hanging out with their best mates are a bit tragic though. I wouldn't say it on a podcast when I'd specifically asked people to call in mind you.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My snarky cynical self would never let me say any of that in written form let alone in a voice note, especially to Lily or Miquita. I do find some of the voice notes a bit tmi. You’re giving your name, your marital status, age, location and then talking about something super personal in your own voice, and sending it in to a very popular pod, to be played to an audience of perhaps millions, why? either they are super fans or just very naive.

Reactions: 7
My snarky cynical self would never let me say any of that in written form let alone in a voice note, especially to Lily or Miquita. I do find some of the voice notes a bit tmi. You’re giving your name, your marital status, age, location and then talking about something super personal in your own voice, and sending it in to a very popular pod, to be played to an audience of perhaps millions, why? either they are super fans or just very naive.
Or…the voice notes are completely fabricated.

Reactions: 4
Like ‘I lost my virginity to lilys song and the song lasted longer than the sex’ ?
Or the woman whose best friend has been ghosting her for 6 months…I’m sure the friend will be delighted to have their friendship mentioned on a popular podcast.

Reactions: 3
To be honest I think the voice notes are real. Why wouldn't they be? It's not out of the ordinary, people do that kind of thing. They're not funny enough or wild enough or interesting enough to be fake imo.

Reactions: 9
To be honest I think the voice notes are real. Why wouldn't they be? It's not out of the ordinary, people do that kind of thing. They're not funny enough or wild enough or interesting enough to be fake imo.
Used to work in local radio and we made up questions, callers etc all the time. Even competition winners! The early 90s were lawless.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Agreed, their friendship back then in particular sounded very competitive.

In one episode a few weeks ago when Miquita spoke about how she would often be horrible to Lily when they were all going out together to try and impress her other "cooler" friends... some of things Lily did to Miquita later made a bit more sense 😅

Miquita was doing well on TV by that point and it sounds like Lily decided to get her own back as she got older and much more famous than Miquita (although sleeping with your supposed best friend's first love ex boyfriend is very low!).

Very toxic behaviour from the both of them.
I saw Miquita in the toilet in a club of a very hipster wanker bar in east London about 10 years ago and she had a face like a slapped arse. Could have just been an off day I suppose but she seemed really pissed off and haughty

I saw Miquita in the toilet in a club of a very hipster wanker bar in east London about 10 years ago and she had a face like a slapped arse. Could have just been an off day I suppose but she seemed really pissed off and haughty
Nah I remember her in the queue for Koko circa 2008 and she had a snapped arse face then too. Her group just had bad vibes.

I find myself quite liking both of them these days. I used to think they were dicks and I do still think they were dicks but I think they have actually changed a lot and are showing that they are somewhat capable of reflecting on their behaviour and are trying to live differently these days. I mean, not totally, they're definitely not perfect and they're both still slightly toxic in the way that I think almost all famous people are just by the nature of being famous, but ya know.

I think they do acknowledge their privilege - not perfectly like I said - and they're both still definitely ignorant about a lot of stuff, but i guess im cutting them some slack for some reason.
Idk, I feel like people who got famous when they were young and grew up in show business are just on a completely different planet to us and are actually incapable of not being at least a little bit self obsessed /self absorbed and hugely egocentric . So considering that, they're not seeming that bad these days especially compared to a lot of celebs. it's a very low bar for thinking someone is alright by them being "not as bad as some other celebs"- I know - but hey 😂

Reactions: 16