Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Miquita and her Mum were on Celeb Gogglebox this week. Guest appearance from Miquita's naughty puppy too.

Reactions: 1
Who hasn't she slept with, the Japan thing is so odd and scary like total psychotic behaviour. I don't want to shame women with sex because we do get treated differently to men who get praise for being a "lad" but Lily seemed to do it as a power move.

Reactions: 7
I find myself quite liking both of them these days. I used to think they were dicks and I do still think they were dicks but I think they have actually changed a lot and are showing that they are somewhat capable of reflecting on their behaviour and are trying to live differently these days. I mean, not totally, they're definitely not perfect and they're both still slightly toxic in the way that I think almost all famous people are just by the nature of being famous, but ya know.

I think they do acknowledge their privilege - not perfectly like I said - and they're both still definitely ignorant about a lot of stuff, but i guess im cutting them some slack for some reason.
Idk, I feel like people who got famous when they were young and grew up in show business are just on a completely different planet to us and are actually incapable of not being at least a little bit self obsessed /self absorbed and hugely egocentric . So considering that, they're not seeming that bad these days especially compared to a lot of celebs. it's a very low bar for thinking someone is alright by them being "not as bad as some other celebs"- I know - but hey 😂
I’m with you … I was a crappy friend when I was young only because I didn’t know the love of my life is my best friend. Over everyone else and I know I am lucky, bless and my life is a joy because I have that and many don’t.

I wasn’t awful but if I reflect I love what I have with her, her kids and our life.
I like them now as grown ups.

and always and forever duck THE DAILY MAIL … toxic friendship? The end of humanity with your toxic reporting.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Who hasn't she slept with, the Japan thing is so odd and scary like total psychotic behaviour. I don't want to shame women with sex because we do get treated differently to men who get praise for being a "lad" but Lily seemed to do it as a power move.
She has a LOT of insecurities, so has always prioritised her relationships with men as a way of feeling wanted and validated. Women like that make notoriously crappy friends, so these revelations are not surprising.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I like that they can look back and laugh at it now and that whatever their relationships with men have been like in the past, they can move forward as friends. Would I want them to be my friends? Absolutely not but their friendship seems genuine.

Reactions: 6
My fave comments on their tiktok clips is everyone confused at Lily having a posh accent. She really sold such a fake persona with Smile didn't she 😆

Reactions: 14
Hmmm I wouldn’t be surprised that following the success of the pod they have a fall out at some point in the near future. Reading between the lines they seemed to have had periods of no contact or low contact due to some actual or perceived slight. Miquita seems to react with surprise at some of the things Lily reveals like they either don’t talk outside of the pod or have missed huge significant chunks from each others lives.

The recent article in the daily mail about their toxic friendship probably has her seething, but honestly if she hadn’t have acted like a knob until recently they really wouldn’t have much to write about.

Reactions: 5
Lily definitely seems very aware that her upbringing and situation isn't relatable to most. Miquita in between name dropping for no reason other than to show off (when Mia was mentioned she had to add that she was a friend) seems oblivious; she'll say a relatable story about a normal money struggle then the next sentence clearly demonstrate shes in the top 0.01%. Plenty of people with a high income or high social worth face money issues, but that doesn't make them as normal as they think they are.

I do like the pod but wish they had a show to go in detail as many topics they ofter cover such a small part of and at a shallow level.

Take the childcare costs, they were going on about how the UK has the most expensive childcare costs. When I don't really think that's the issue - looking after children is expensive with proper training and good safety. Saying that feels a bit of a kick in the teeth to the people running childcare. I think the real issue is other countries substidise it differently and the UK seems to have a top up benefit and an x hours a week childcare system (I believe?).

Not that it's their fault if it gets very echo chambery - it's what you'd expect. But they could do with a your mail episode 😆

Reactions: 9
Lily crying when Billie Elisih has healthy food on her rider?
And I think we all know how Lily would have reacted to Alison being her momager!
How ridiculous, just be grateful for what you have!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I found it pretty interesting lily talking about seeing Billie E having people around her looking out for her and that she had none of that support. Saying that lily would probably cut off anyone that was giving uncomfortable advice to carry on self destruction.

Although it's a pretty double edged sword with these stars all with family members on the payroll - especially those like Billie who get them involved with showbiz as a pre teen. It's the exception when that turns out well long term.

Reactions: 12
I wonder if her dads responsible for her faux working class attitude?

Time to bring this back - funnily enough seems to be missing from her wiki….

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I found it pretty interesting lily talking about seeing Billie E having people around her looking out for her and that she had none of that support. Saying that lily would probably cut off anyone that was giving uncomfortable advice to carry on self destruction.

Although it's a pretty double edged sword with these stars all with family members on the payroll - especially those like Billie who get them involved with showbiz as a pre teen. It's the exception when that turns out well long term.
Wasn't Billies parents in the industry which is why they're a tight nit family business. Billie Eilish is essentially a duo with her fronting it.

Reactions: 5
I was put off by Lily going off about father's day. Didn't her ex husband take care of her kids when she was on her many spirals? My husband cooks and cleans. He's involved as soon as he gets home from work. My dad took care of us alone when my mom passed away. I found it annoying that she said that mothers don't get praised. Of course they do. There's a mother's day and a father's day. She has a lot of misplaced anger for someone that made a lot of mistakes as a mother and person.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was put off by Lily going off about father's day. Didn't her ex husband take care of her kids when she was on her many spirals? My husband cooks and cleans. He's involved as soon as he gets home from work. My dad took care of us alone when my mom passed away. I found it annoying that she said that mothers don't get praised. Of course they do. There's a mother's day and a father's day. She has a lot of misplaced anger for someone that made a lot of mistakes as a mother and person.
She has severe daddy issues

Reactions: 7
I wonder if her dads responsible for her faux working class attitude?

Time to bring this back - funnily enough seems to be missing from her wiki….

Jesus. Fat Les. When the 1990s veneer of "irony" fell off the lads and it turned out they were actually just boorish pigs all along.

Reactions: 8

Exactly. Also Billie cried when she first got friends which was really sad x

• Sad
Exactly. Also Billie cried when she first got friends which was really sad x
Am I remembering it right that Billie went from having no friends around her to now loads of friends by reconnecting with people from her past? I'd be interested to hear more about that 180.

I'm not surprised that someone who was homeschooled and signed a record deal at 14 doesn't have friends. Must be very tricky to then get friends while being a global star.

What’s the script with lilys kids dad? I got the impression their dad Sam looked after them when like a poster above said she was out touring and spiralling out of control again! Does he see them now as they’re based in America full time?

What’s the script with lilys kids dad? I got the impression their dad Sam looked after them when like a poster above said she was out touring and spiralling out of control again! Does he see them now as they’re based in America full time?
Yes she's mentioned them going to stay with their dad quite a few times on the podcast.