lilandlife #4 Free holidays, free kids shoes, what DOES moaning lil actually pay for?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice the black cloud only hangs over her when she’s with her partner and kids! She was happy as Larry when she went away with the girls!!
---
FFS I hate seeing kids on boats without life jackets. We are a sailing family and kids swim like fish but they don’t ever go out on the water without an aid on.
Even on an organised boat trip? I’ve never worn one for something like that!

Reactions: 10
She must be a joy to be on holiday with. I know the black clouds of depression are indiscriminate but she implies that it’s her kids and partner cause it. Kids argue and bicker. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
She quite literally has no resilience at all. Even the siblings who are best of friends bicker. It does my head in how she moans about the kids fighting like how it is just not expected at all

Reactions: 9
She very clearly suffers with depression, but her kids are also suffering because of it. She seems completely unable to cope with the most basic parenting tasks. And she has the privilege of not working a regular job like most of us, and also seemingly doesn’t have any financial worries. She’s very clear which child it is that causes her an issue, but she is a product of the environment she’s been raised in & also wasn’t given any boundaries. She alludes to the fact her & K are having a rough time at the min, she’s always moaning she’s down, unhappy, overwhelmed etc, can’t cope with the kids & does only seem to happy when she’s away from them

I feel for the kids, especially Isla. If she’s not careful she will pass these issues down to her girls, they will become a victim of their parent’s behaviours.

Reactions: 15
I notice the black cloud only hangs over her when she’s with her partner and kids! She was happy as Larry when she went away with the girls!!
---

Even on an organised boat trip? I’ve never worn one for something like that!
Absolutely. Accidents can happen on any kid of boat trip and it being an organised trip will not stop her children from drowning. I wouldn’t use a trip company that didn’t provide jackets.

Reactions: 3
She has counselling week in week out, she's on medication, she appears to have disposable income despite not having a proper job and is able to be at home for her kids and gets loads of time on her own. I get it that K has addiction issues but she's had plenty of opportunity to leave that relationship and he brings a lot to the table both financially and as a parent. I'm sorry to sound heartless but I just don't know what she's got to be depressed about!

Reactions: 19
She has counselling week in week out, she's on medication, she appears to have disposable income despite not having a proper job and is able to be at home for her kids and gets loads of time on her own. I get it that K has addiction issues but she's had plenty of opportunity to leave that relationship and he brings a lot to the table both financially and as a parent. I'm sorry to sound heartless but I just don't know what she's got to be depressed about!
Completely agree, she has so much to ground her and be thankful for and all she sees is problems. I'd probably feel more sorry for her if she seemed aware of the privilege she has but she's absolutely delusional and oblivious to it.

She would benefit from getting a Monday 9-5 job. Regular routine, regular income, less time with the kids. It would do her mental health alot of good

Reactions: 16
Unfortunately depression doesn’t discriminate. My auntie had all of this and more and still killed herself. I wish people were more clued up on depression

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I feel very sorry for her to be honest. Parenting is bloody hard, holidays with kids are no picnic but to feel that extreme is very hard. I hope she’s being open and honest with the girls about how she’s feeling because in years to come they’ll be able to read all this stuff she’s sharing on the internet about how hard they made her life.

Reactions: 5
I feel very sorry for her to be honest. Parenting is bloody hard, holidays with kids are no picnic but to feel that extreme is very hard. I hope she’s being open and honest with the girls about how she’s feeling because in years to come they’ll be able to read all this stuff she’s sharing on the internet about how hard they made her life.
I agree. I know this isn’t in the rave section but I do like Lil and think it’s harsh to say she has life pretty grand so should stop moaning. As someone said, she quite clearly does have depression and that doesn’t disappear just because on paper she has disposable income, holidays etc. She is in a very fortunate position but depression doesn’t care about that. Not everyone’s children are a walk in the park either and it can be tough.

• Heart
I'm not going to deny her depression because it can hit anyone. What I will say is that depression isn't an excuse for her to deny her immense privilege.

She's so unrelatable now.

Reactions: 8
I get the chat about depression all too well, but equally she enrages me because she does absolutely nothing to improve her situation she just continues to moan.

Could she give her kids more structure and routine that would help her to feel less stressed? Yes.

Could she go to work even part time to give her a sense of routine and purpose? Also yes.

Could they as a family make different choices that cause less stress on the household? Yes.

Could she spend less money on all those luxury things and weekends away to stop her worrying about their household finances? Yes.

I get that depression is an illness but she’s a grown adult with a huge amount of privilege… the woman has a therapist, PT and eating coach ffs and yet she still doesn’t address fundamental things that could help her feel better in herself and create a happier household. At some point she needs to recognise that she has the power to make her life feel different and can make changes that will reduce her stress and in turn her families stress.

It’s just honestly ridiculous for her to be on stories crying about money then bleeping off on holiday swinging her designer handbags about and then moaning about the kids and not even putting pants on them or getting them to school on time when SHE IS THE bleeping PARENT. She chose three kids when she was already struggling with two. Honestly man, depression or not she is choosing the life she’s living and it’s bleeping exhausting listening to her whine about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
No one is denying that she's got depression, like you say it doesn't discriminate against anyone. However she is only happy when she's living her best life, going to pr events, solo holidays etc. She tries hard to be relatable but she really isn't it.
---
I get the chat about depression all too well, but equally she enrages me because she does absolutely nothing to improve her situation she just continues to moan.

Could she give her kids more structure and routine that would help her to feel less stressed? Yes.

Could she go to work even part time to give her a sense of routine and purpose? Also yes.

Could they as a family make different choices that cause less stress on the household? Yes.

Could she spend less money on all those luxury things and weekends away to stop her worrying about their household finances? Yes.

I get that depression is an illness but she’s a grown adult with a huge amount of privilege… the woman has a therapist, PT and eating coach ffs and yet she still doesn’t address fundamental things that could help her feel better in herself and create a happier household. At some point she needs to recognise that she has the power to make her life feel different and can make changes that will reduce her stress and in turn her families stress.

It’s just honestly ridiculous for her to be on stories crying about money then bleeping off on holiday swinging her designer handbags about and then moaning about the kids and not even putting pants on them or getting them to school on time when SHE IS THE bleeping PARENT. She chose three kids when she was already struggling with two. Honestly man, depression or not she is choosing the life she’s living and it’s bleeping exhausting listening to her whine about it.
This!!! Every single word of it!!

Reactions: 12
Unfortunately depression doesn’t discriminate. My auntie had all of this and more and still killed herself. I wish people were more clued up on depression
Maybe I’m being harsh, but I just don’t think Lil has that kind of depression.

I’ve been to those kind of places myself and it’s not fun. The last thing I’d do is post about it on SM, and I didn’t have the kind of stuff she has in her life to ground me.

Her’s is way more about self pity and using it as an excuse in my very humble opinion. And she is happier when she isn’t with her kids. Being devil’s advocate here but I think she uses talk of depression/poor self image to shill and be ‘relatable’. None of us can say for definite if she does or doesn’t have it though in fairness
---

Oh my god, yes this! 100 times this. Can the people on here saying they feel sorry for her please read this then read it again. Slower. And take notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Maybe I’m being harsh, but I just don’t think Lil has that kind of depression.

I’ve been to those kind of places myself and it’s not fun. The last thing I’d do is post about it on SM, and I didn’t have the kind of stuff she has in her life to ground me.

Her’s is way more about self pity and using it as an excuse in my very humble opinion. And she is happier when she isn’t with her kids. Being devil’s advocate here but I think she uses talk of depression/poor self image to shill and be ‘relatable’. None of us can say for definite if she does or doesn’t have it though in fairness
---

Oh my god, yes this! 100 times this. Can the people on here saying they feel sorry for her please read this then read it again. Slower. And take notes.
I agree. My comments weren't meant to sound like I was uneducated about depression, but I genuinely feel like some of her underlying issues are within her control and rather than make the changes she just moans. She has a life that many would give their right arm for and she is completely ungrateful. If it makes her unhappy then only she can change that.

Reactions: 16
Lil is the same as my sister so it is slightly triggering when I watch her stories. Picked a life with a few children, a larger house and a bf who works all the hours to funds it but has days where she cries continuously because her son won’t sleep in his own bed but won’t reinforce the rule of doing so; how it is over run by animals that she bought and wanted without them having the space to get away. Complains she doesn’t get time to herself raising children but doesn’t implement a bedtime routine or organise day clubs; moans about the state of the house but it’s no one’s responsibility to pick up see themselves and then moans about no life/social life when she sits at home everyday doing nothing but stuff online. Spends money every 2/3 days at Tesco and Aldi as well as Shein and Temu, eating out in restaurants and takeaways and buys motorbikes and quads but cries because they have no money but she won’t take the kids on holiday.
Depression isn’t sanctioned against those that have the worst life; I have a good life to an extent but do suffer myself for no other reason than I suffer but I wouldn’t even think about putting myself in a more complicated and stressful situation to overwhelm myself further. I really really want a dog but I know it will just cause me maybe more stress and I am not in a position mentally to get one, so I won’t. Alas, saving myself more grief and inconvenience.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.