lilandlife #4 Free holidays, free kids shoes, what DOES moaning lil actually pay for?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I think she is. Very. And it is very tedious at times watching her posts that just feel like endless complaining šŸ˜– when in fact she is deeply unhappy with her life at the moment and really needs some better medication and better therapeutic support. It does feel at times like her relationship with K is on very shaky ground. I do wonder if it will survive the next house move/reno... I think she also struggles with unhappiness regarding her looks, weight etc. She also seems a lot worse recently, so I would question how helpful whatever current coach/therapist things she's been doing actually is in reality.... she can't blame it all on the house sale falling through, crap and all as it is that it happened.

On another note, I really dislike the way the children are being constantly exploited for content and without their permission.. On one of her stories over the weekend, she was filming A who you could see clearly mouthing to her 'stop filming me!', and even little H you can see getting fed up of it at times.

It's all a bit sad really. But you know what, life is tough for most people at the moment and there are people in far worse positions than her. She has a lovely home, three healthy children, extended family and friends nearby. She just needs to get off her phone and insta, focus on her family and getting herself well again. There is no way she should be heading for a house move/ reno project the way she is at the moment, it just won't end well...
Youā€™ve summed up what Iā€™ve been seeing perfectly.
Iā€™ve internally begged her to get off her phone, get off Instagram and take some better care of herself.
Itā€™s tedious now. Iā€™ve said in the past, she needs to find a better outlet for all this moaning/problems/self pity/depression than talking into her phone to thousands of strangers.

Life is really crap at the moment for most of us. I must admit, Iā€™ve felt mildly depressed in recent weeks and watching her definitely hasnā€™t helpedā€¦

Itā€™s all relative, I know.

Reactions: 8
I swear her kids are always ill! So sheā€™s saying Isla was ill yesterday and then goes on to say how grey and poorly she looked when she collected her from school yesterday! Sounds like she knew full well she was poorly but still sent her in anyway šŸ™„ But has every intention of sending her back in tomorrow because Abbie is of for the teachers strike

Reactions: 3
Is Lil trying to allude that Isla is some way neurodivergent? I always wonder with the choice of words she uses ā€œoverwhelmā€ ā€œdis regulatedā€
It begs the question again ā€¦.. why all the house moves??? Give the girls some stability

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what she does with the house reno. I do think her house is lovely at the moment. I wish my husband was as handy as K - he didnā€™t know how to paint a wall til my dad taught him šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what she does with the house reno. I do think her house is lovely at the moment. I wish my husband was as handy as K - he didnā€™t know how to paint a wall til my dad taught him šŸ¤£
Their house is still up for sale!

Is Lil trying to allude that Isla is some way neurodivergent? I always wonder with the choice of words she uses ā€œoverwhelmā€ ā€œdis regulatedā€
It begs the question again ā€¦.. why all the house moves??? Give the girls some stability
They havenā€™t exactly had ā€˜allā€™ the house moves?!?! They moved in to their current house august 2017, before Isla was even 1, so itā€™s not like they have no stability thatā€™s a bit of an overreach. Theyā€™ve been there nearly 6 years, and had another baby, itā€™s only natural for them to want more space now they have more children.

They havenā€™t exactly had ā€˜allā€™ the house moves?!?! They moved in to their current house august 2017, before Isla was even 1, so itā€™s not like they have no stability thatā€™s a bit of an overreach. Theyā€™ve been there nearly 6 years, and had another baby, itā€™s only natural for them to want more space now they have more children.
Apologies it felt like they had moved more than that. I take back my comment

Last edited:
I donā€™t think she is, I just think itā€™s Lil putting a negative spin on anything and everything.

There you go. Bloody knew sheā€™d ship Isla off to school today, regardless whether she was better or not. Turns out she wasnā€™t better, but oh well what does it matter if she spreads her germs to the rest of the class, at least Lil and Abs got their day out together šŸ™„

Does Isla have addition needs?
sheā€™s mentioned it a few times, like a few weeks ago around saying how bed time was a nightmare where she had to sit with Isla for ages and then eventually got something that had Lils voice

I donā€™t think she does. I think sheā€™s just a bit more difficult than Abbie was perhaps? So Lik struggles with her. Plenty of children struggle at bedtime.

Reactions: 2
I began following Lil when Isla was 3. From what I remember, she was extremely needy. Lil was worried about her transition to school

Well you learn something new everyday! I did not realise it was so long ago they moved into the current house either, that is just mental to me that Iā€™ve been following her for that long šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I began following Lil when Isla was 3. From what I remember, she was extremely needy. Lil was worried about her transition to school
I think sheā€™s a perfectly normal child for her age, Lil made/makes her out to be a nightmare because she didnā€™t want to parent her. Which in turn made her act up and appear naughty, needy etc. Given the correct attention/boundaries Iā€™m sure sheā€™d be fine. I guess she has a different temperament to Abi and Lil got away with being a lazy parent with her.

Reactions: 7
Why are they up so late having a movie night on a thurs when Isla has been poorly? She is asleep on the sofa, put her to bed! No wonder they are "difficult" in the morning for the school run, they are tired!

Maybe I'm a horrible mother but my 3 year old goes to bed at 7 every night.. no way in hell would I be keeping her up for a movie night? Plenty of time for that when she's older. Why not put Hallie and Isla to bed, and stay up with Abbie?

Reactions: 7
Maybe I'm a horrible mother but my 3 year old goes to bed at 7 every night.. no way in hell would I be keeping her up for a movie night? Plenty of time for that when she's older. Why not put Hallie and Isla to bed, and stay up with Abbie?
My nearly 6 year old is in bed at 7 each night! She needs her sleep or else she is hard work. Gets up between 6.30-7 happy as larry and ready for the day. Weā€™ve always had a good bedtime routine and she she still goes to bed fairly easy each night.

No I agree. I have a 4 year old and an older sibling and we have a weekly movie night on the weekend whilst the younger one goes to bed normal time. I donā€™t think we started the movie nights until my eldest was around 6-7ish years old.

Reactions: 2
I have a 3 and 2 year old and they in bed by 6/630 every night. They have always been early birds, 5am every morning so come 5pm they ready for bed lol x

Ladies whoā€™ve mentioned about your little ones bedtimes: how does dinner work? Do you sit down as a family and eat still or do you have separate ones? Iā€™ve got a 6 month old, first baby, and Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how this all works! šŸ˜„

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.