lifewithjadeedwards #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ if she didn’t know what an induction is at 40+ weeks pregnant I worry about how much else she doesn’t know

Reactions: 9
I feel sorry for her. She's clearly not got a clue what's coming or even asked for support. It's a bit strange given how much she wanted to be pregnant to not look into it all. Too busy shilling lumi to look at what happens when your overdue

Reactions: 8
I feel sorry for her. She's clearly not got a clue what's coming or even asked for support. It's a bit strange given how much she wanted to be pregnant to not look into it all. Too busy shilling lumi to look at what happens when your overdue
I find it bizarre that she didn’t know what an induction was. Never mind not having been pregnant before, anyone who’s ever seen an episode of One Born Every Minute or 16 and Pregnant etc would know. Or had female friends. I bet most men could hazard a guess. She barely works so you’d think she’d have picked up a baby book or two. Did she think that if she didn’t naturally go into labour the baby would just stay there?

Reactions: 6
I’ve commented on a thread about another insta hun mum saying similar, but it is quite frankly worrying that you need to prove yourself responsible with sufficient knowledge and follow certain rules when you’re buying fish for an aquarium, yet the same doesn’t apply to bearing an actual child. What else will she not be aware of? Safe sleep guidelines? Car seat safety? Tummy time? When to wean? Teething? Choking hazards? Helping the kid walk? Encouraging speech? Not letting the kid run into traffic???? 🤦🏼‍♀️

I live very close to her and antenatal classes are still going ahead. I’ve been to loads and I’ve got quite a while to go.

I wish she’d move a little, I had a back to back baby that ended in induction and then emergency section. This time I’ll be running around after 34 weeks 😂😂😂 anything to get that baby in a better position. Midwifes always say to be active throughout (obviously unless you have a reason not to be). I feel she’s just laid in bed 9 months 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. I don’t think she’s even been to work 😂😂 madness

Reactions: 11
I live very close to her and antenatal classes are still going ahead. I’ve been to loads and I’ve got quite a while to go.

I wish she’d move a little, I had a back to back baby that ended in induction and then emergency section. This time I’ll be running around after 34 weeks 😂😂😂 anything to get that baby in a better position. Midwifes always say to be active throughout (obviously unless you have a reason not to be). I feel she’s just laid in bed 9 months 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. I don’t think she’s even been to work 😂😂 madness
I work in retail and worked up until 34 weeks where I had a dangerous fall so had to finish, baby still ended up back to back 😭💔 even a small walk a day she could have been doing

Reactions: 3
My baby was back to back and I worked until 38 weeks and was walking about 15-20k steps a day. I think if baby gets comfy, it gets comfy. I was the same with my second baby and she was in a normal position.

Reactions: 4
My baby was back to back and I worked until 38 weeks and was walking about 15-20k steps a day. I think if baby gets comfy, it gets comfy. I was the same with my second baby and she was in a normal position.
Yep absolutely agree my daughter was actually in the position from her 20 week scan but obviously she could have moved round then if she wanted to ... for her own health I think she could have been walking not to change position of baby they lay how they choose to 🤣

Reactions: 1
Obviously everyone is different but I was told to be moderately active during pregnancy to help the baby into a different position. She’s openly admitted to only going on a couple of walks since she got pregnant. It’s not a guarantee to move the baby but I don’t think lying in bed for 9 months would have a positive effect on her health or the position of the baby.

Even if it didn't move baby, there was no reason for her to be a little more active. Even pre pregnancy she moved very little.

Reactions: 4
Being active during pregnancy is a huge must, just for yourself and to get moving. I had an 18month old when I got pregnant with baby number 2, so there was no lying on the sofa even if I wanted too! 😂 I think she’s probably been very unprepared for the pregnant, birth and what’s to follow. She’s in for a shock! I haven’t met anyone who had a pleasant induction experience and all 3 ended up in c sections. Hopefully the baby arrives soon, she must have been fed up going 2 weeks over!

I think she’s just a generally very lazy person, that’s certainly how it comes across on social media. The fact she barely worked even when there was no reason for her not to work more (especially when she was moaning about money), the fact she stayed in bed for the first half of her pregnancy (I had actual hyperemesis and I still tried to be up and about - just with a sick bowl 🤣) and the fact she’s only been out a couple of walks her whole pregnancy and seems to spend most of her time lazing about. She’s going to get a shock, I’ve barely sat down or lazed about in 8 years since my first was born, can’t even get a proper rest when I’m poorly!

Reactions: 14
She’s still not had the beb 😳. I actually do feel for her in this sense, the waiting is the wooorrssstttt.

Reactions: 2
She must be nearly 2 weeks overdue by now?!

I know most trusts induce at (or just before) 2 weeks late but is that something you have to agree to? Or can you say no and wait for baby naturally? Just curious as she seemed to want to wait x

She must be nearly 2 weeks overdue by now?!

I know most trusts induce at (or just before) 2 weeks late but is that something you have to agree to? Or can you say no and wait for baby naturally? Just curious as she seemed to want to wait x
you don’t have to be induced but would have to go in for daily monitoring. Also it can take days for an induction to actually start and looked like she was having a trace so I’m assuming maybe the process of an induction started

I would say she’s in being induced, as she’s being monitored, and it can take days for an induction but she would have to be an inpatient

Ah I know, my induction was slowwwww. Just wasn’t sure if it was something you had to agree too. There doesn’t seem to be much about turning down an induction in my trust (I’ve not done the reading for jade 😂😂 - I’m having another baby and cry at the thought of being induced again 🤦🏻‍♀️😂)

There was a study once about letting women go over their due dates and not be induced. They had to end it early as 6 babies died as a result😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
There was a study once about letting women go over their due dates and not be induced. They had to end it early as 6 babies died as a result😬
Yeah, its quite scary but it makes sense. The baby cant depend on the placenta beyond a certain point. The daily checks are important. I wish I had refused induction though

I have had two friends decline an induction and they went into the hospital every day to be monitored to check all was ok (pre COVID). Personally I wouldn’t want to go that far over, too many awful outcomes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.