Lifeofcharlouise #3 Hashtags lilwayne, made up stories becoming a pain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yes, she’ll have it on her to do list along with “wash hair”, “have cup of tea”, “make my bed” and all the other super busy jobs that keep her busy all day long 🤣
Along with her made up tasks that she forgets she repeats every few weeks such as
- take Charlie’s car for MOT (his car had at least 12 MOTs in 2020)
- renew mortgage (she done that a fair few times last year)
- chase invoices (invoices for what??)

She needs to add find a job to her list

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I get the list writing is probably trying to find purpose to the day but if she's not working or looking after children then personal hygiene is top of her list. I'm still in my dressing gown, home schooling, working but I'm not leaving my hair for 9 days! This is coming after having hyperemesis gravidarum as I didnt want to smell even though I needed help as I was so exhausted from dehydration and iv drips to get me better (will see if that's why she's been clarty)

Reactions: 1
I feel like her eating is also going to get out of control now she’s pregnant

Reactions: 7
Maybe she needs to slow down a bit!

As above, I get she’s excited & it’s amazing but it’s full steam ahead isn’t it! 😳😳😳

The baby stuff hauls are starting to remind me of the no spend for a month/graze boxes/healthy living/charity shop madness/gym/the girls/sustainable fads where she goes all in then it fizzles out.

Reactions: 10
Cant wait for her first bump pic 🙄 wonder will she wear her 'sexy lingerie' for it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I'm all for saving money but there are some things you just don't use second hand and a mattress and carseat are just 2 of them. I can't believe she has announced it already, and all the stuff she has bought. I hope all goes well, I really do. It just seems like tempting fate to me

Reactions: 3
She’s not tempting fate at all. Having had miscarriages myself I think it’s insulting when people imply announcing a pregnancy early is ‘tempting fate’. Like it will the woman’s fault should anything go wrong. WTF?!

But it’s worrying to see her considering 2nd hand mattresses for a newborn. Maybe she’ll realise when she calms down on the buying and actually starts reading up.

I agree about the use of the term “tempting fate”- as though buying stuff early could actually have any affect on a pregnancy and the woman would be to blame. I’m 34 weeks pregnant with my second baby, I had my pram delivered to my Mum’s house then my other half wanted to go round and pick it up to put it together etc. My mum was like noooo it’s bad luck to have the pram in your house before the baby is born! I was like mum, do you really think that having a physical piece of baby equipment in the house would have a cause and effect on something happening to the baby 🙄

Reactions: 4
I agree about the use of the term “tempting fate”- as though buying stuff early could actually have any affect on a pregnancy and the woman would be to blame. I’m 34 weeks pregnant with my second baby, I had my pram delivered to my Mum’s house then my other half wanted to go round and pick it up to put it together etc. My mum was like noooo it’s bad luck to have the pram in your house before the baby is born! I was like mum, do you really think that having a physical piece of baby equipment in the house would have a cause and effect on something happening to the baby 🙄
My husband did this it had to stay at my parents until baby arrived 😂 Were due a second and still using the original pram for my 1st so I think we’re allowed it still this time 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She’s not tempting fate at all. Having had miscarriages myself I think it’s insulting when people imply announcing a pregnancy early is ‘tempting fate’. Like it will the woman’s fault should anything go wrong. WTF?!

But it’s worrying to see her considering 2nd hand mattresses for a newborn. Maybe she’ll realise when she calms down on the buying and actually starts reading up.
Tempting fate is my personal opinion and in my comment previously I said that I felt that I was tempting fate, and made no insinuation that she was doing so, it's her prerogative to do what she absolutely likes. Also, I personally have not once said or implied that it would be a womans fault should anything go wrong and I cant see where anyone else has - where the hell did you get that from. :cautious:

Tempting fate is my personal opinion and in my comment previously I said that I felt that I was tempting fate, and made no insinuation that she was doing so, it's her prerogative to do what she absolutely likes. Also, I personally have not once said or implied that it would be a womans fault should anything go wrong and I cant see where anyone else has - where the hell did you get that from. :cautious:
Calm down, I think spilltheteaaaa was replying to a different poster called Purplerain, who’s post was directly above saying “it seems like tempting fate to me”. Your comment was a few pages ago, I don’t think it was about you.

Reactions: 1
Calm down, I think spilltheteaaaa was replying to a different poster called Purplerain, who’s post was directly above saying “it seems like tempting fate to me”. Your comment was a few pages ago, I don’t think it was about you.
Please don't tell me to calm down, whether I said it or not doesn't matter - I don't think any human being would ever infer that the use of the term tempting fate would mean that they thought the woman would be to blame if anything went wrong.

Please don't tell me to calm down, whether I said it or not doesn't matter - I don't think any human being would ever infer that the use of the term tempting fate would mean that they thought the woman would be to blame if anything went wrong.
That is literally the meaning of the phrase “tempting fate”.

My comment wasn’t aimed at any one post/poster in particular.

I just think all the old wives tales reinforce the idea that women should deal with grief of baby loss privately - and that taboo just makes a hard thing harder, in my personal experience.

Genuinely wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular. But my interpretation of the term tempting fate implies announcing early is encouraging something bad to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That is literally the meaning of the phrase “tempting fate”.
Not quite, in this instance it’s more about worrying about buying/doing something which could still end up not the way it’s supposed to, not that it *would* be your fault because you bought/did something.

So I’m laymen’s terms, you think people who have used the term ‘tempting fate’, would turn around and say it was her own fault if something awful was to happen. I certainly wouldn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Agreed, tempting fate doesn’t mean if anything were to happen it would be anyone’s fault. Can we get back to ‘see a batter’ and ‘shelfs’ now? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.