Life With Ivy Coco #4 Sun, sea & selling your child’s privacy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So no companies have been daft enough to #gift a free holiday this half term, so it’s day trips to the Bentall centre and car selfies instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So no companies have been daft enough to #gift a free holiday this half term, so it’s day trips to the Bentall centre and car selfies instead.
Nah, they’ll do it in term time, it’s cheaper for the companies and then Ivy can miss more school for the eDUcaTionaL trips!

Reactions: 7
Has she had / tried / considered IVF? Curious why she’d wait this long if not…

Reactions: 1
Has she had / tried / considered IVF? Curious why she’d wait this long if not…
They were going to, but then they went on holiday instead (true story).

but I think she said they’re about do ivf if the clomid thing doesn’t come to anything? (I don’t know what clomid is or what it’s for so could be wrong)

Reactions: 3
I honestly think she is waiting to be gifted ivf. Sha said the other day she’s reluctant to pay for it as it only has a 29%chance of working so she didn’t want to pay for it

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I honestly think she is waiting to be gifted ivf. Sha said the other day she’s reluctant to pay for it as it only has a 29%chance of working so she didn’t want to pay for it
She’s a joke! If she’s gifted IVF that’s also an absolute joke and what a whack in the face for those struggling and have to fork out the cost! My Mum was given an 11% Chance - went for it and my brother is now a strapping 12 year old! If you want it that bad, you take that risk!

Reactions: 8
I would definitely give it a go at 29% chance. I was told I have a less than 5% chance 😅

• Heart
For someone like her who is apparently desperate for another child and bordering on ‘depressed’ a 29% chance is huge.

Reactions: 6
The NHS offer 3 free cycles of IVF to women under 40 who have been trying for a baby for more than 2 years, just curious why she hadn’t gone down that route if she’s so desperate and it’s the be all and end all of her life, poor Ivy 😬 she’s definitely going to grow up wondering why she wasn’t enough right?

Reactions: 3
The NHS offer 3 free cycles of IVF to women under 40 who have been trying for a baby for more than 2 years, just curious why she hadn’t gone down that route if she’s so desperate and it’s the be all and end all of her life, poor Ivy 😬 she’s definitely going to grow up wondering why she wasn’t enough right?
I believe this is if you haven’t been able to fall pregnant before!? As my Sister wouldn’t be offered this on NHS as she had previously miscarried, so could fall pregnant… however please do correct me if I am wrong! 😬

Reactions: 4
I believe this is if you haven’t been able to fall pregnant before!? As my Sister wouldn’t be offered this on NHS as she had previously miscarried, so could fall pregnant… however please do correct me if I am wrong! 😬
I believe this to be correct. My ex and his new wife struggled to have a kid together. They weren’t entitled to NHS IVF because he already has a kid with me. Despite the fact she had no kids. maybe it’s a bit of a lottery depending on your area. But I’d say in Kerri’s case as they have one already they definitely wouldn’t be entitled to a NHS round.

Definitely only get NHS funded ivf if you have had no previous pregnancies sadly. I’m also in the secondary infertility club and it’s really difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The NICE guidelines about how many IVF cycles you can have on the NHS are only guidelines. The NHS in your area don't have to follow the guidelines so funding for IVF is basically a postcode lottery.

I've had it for primary fertility and was entitled to just one funded cycle, so it will depend on the secondary infertility rules where she lives.

Makes sense, hadn’t thought that it wasn’t the same in cases of secondary infertility also, thanks for the info!

Reactions: 1
I am also in the secondary infertility club & in my area you aren’t entitled to nhs ivf if you have a child which I believe this is the case for most of England.

Reactions: 2