Life With Ivy Coco #4 Sun, sea & selling your child’s privacy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done to @lolmum for the winning thread title. It’s perfect.

Recap: She spent the whole duration of the last thread on permanent free holidays. 👍

31C87E24-4E33-4121-A356-24DFD6357894.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I noticed on one of her recent post she was boasting about styling ivy, because if icy had styled herself she would be wearing hundreds of hairclips, lots of jewellery and glitter eyeshadow, or something along those lines. I actually find this really sad because as a young girl that’s exactly how she should look. That’s part of growing up. Doing your own dodgy makeup. Over doing the hair accessories. Drowning in crap plastic jewellery. It’s part of learning and being a young child…not overly styled and looking like a grown up all for the gram. Let kids be kids.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Maybe it’s because the kids are back to school this week, but this morning I’m just thinking how sorry I feel for Ivy. Her mum is no doubt already lining up the free holidays and racking up the amount of days that she won’t be going to school and having the freedom of a regular childhood. It makes me so sad that the kid has had learning difficulties and her mum is selfish enough to put her greed before her child’s needs. The older she gets the harder it’s going to be to “catch up” at school and slot back in socially.

Maybe it’s because the kids are back to school this week, but this morning I’m just thinking how sorry I feel for Ivy. Her mum is no doubt already lining up the free holidays and racking up the amount of days that she won’t be going to school and having the freedom of a regular childhood. It makes me so sad that the kid has had learning difficulties and her mum is selfish enough to put her greed before her child’s needs. The older she gets the harder it’s going to be to “catch up” at school and slot back in socially.
As a teacher and a mum Kerri makes me so angry with the way she disregards ivys education. We still have so many children so far behind where they should be because of lockdown during covid where parents like Kerri didn’t encourage any kind of learning and yet still she takes her out of school continuously when it isn’t needed with all the gifted trips they get during half terms. As you say ivy will find it much more difficult the older she gets to catch up and will always be a little behind her class because her mum is selfish and only cares about freebies.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Also - and a disclaimer here, I don’t have kids and I’m not a teacher - but Ivy’s not being taken on the types of holidays where she’s learning stuff? When you’re in a luxury resort anywhere in the world it’s obviously fabulous, but you really could be anywhere, it’s not teaching you anything about the country you’re in (other than they might have a themed restaurant and the designer shops will have foreign currency price tags!)

Reactions: 10
Also - and a disclaimer here, I don’t have kids and I’m not a teacher - but Ivy’s not being taken on the types of holidays where she’s learning stuff? When you’re in a luxury resort anywhere in the world it’s obviously fabulous, but you really could be anywhere, it’s not teaching you anything about the country you’re in (other than they might have a themed restaurant and the designer shops will have foreign currency price tags!)
This!!! I used to be an educator, but left a few years back but I’ve now got 2 children of my own, 1 in school, and I’ve said before on this subject that it is absolutely the sheer amount of holidays, but not that alone, it’s the types of holidays she is dragging her along on. Holidays out of term time are sadly inaccessible for lots of parents due to the cost premium the holidaymakers put on these breaks, so I feel missing a week or 2 throughout the year isn’t an issue, especially if your child is learning new things, trying new foods, experiencing different cultures etc, but Ivy is being dragged along to shopping malls, overpriced swanky restaurants (but most likely still only eating chicken nuggets) and being made to pose inappropriately in clothes way too old for her true age. It’s sad really

The holidays are pretty much carbon copies of each other. They could be in polar opposite ends of the world but ivy wouldn’t know the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How did she turn a back to school post into a post about infertility? Is she still hoping for some freebie IVF?? Also, her lifestyle isn’t exactly suited to getting pregnant either.

Reactions: 12
Can I just ask if she has ever had fertility treatment/tried ivf? I am surprised that they have been trying for so long yet not tried it 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: 3
Can I just ask if she has ever had fertility treatment/tried ivf? I am surprised that they have been trying for so long yet not tried it 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I feel like the fertility thing is now just a way to garner more attention and sympathy. She’s got numerous designer handbags that she could’ve not bought and saved for IVF. Unless she has done IVF and never mentioned it but knowing Kerri she would’ve definitely played it all out on Instagram.

Reactions: 11
It’s that time of year when all these ‘influencers ‘ get their free beauty advent calendars! I won’t be buying one this year for sure 😫😫😫😫

Reactions: 3