Life Though Ems Eyes - Lifethroughemseyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who cares? It obviously works for them.
If I had to choose between working and being able to stay at home with my babies, I know which I'd choose.. regardless of whether it was because it doesn't make financial sense to work or because I could afford not to work.
I think you are misunderstanding my original point. None of us are living in normal times as is, lots of people are loosing jobs or have a lot of uncertainty over theirs. I just think that if you have a secure job (which I imagine finance in the NHS is) then sometimes it’s better to keep a foot in the door of that secure job and suck up a day of nursery for a year of 2 until they are eligible for their free childcare hours.
So to complain it would cost too much money (120 a day makes me wince too) for a day of nursery whilst probably paying through the nose for that sort of car sort of sticks in most folks throats.

I’d love to stay at home with my kids too....most days 😬... but I know if I were to stay at home it would be much harder for me to get back into the decent paid employment I’m in again.

I get the struggle from a Mum point of view, I really do, , but I’m also not sharing my kids to thousands on Instagram either to make a living instead of keeping my real job

Reactions: 12
Who cares? It obviously works for them.
If I had to choose between working and being able to stay at home with my babies, I know which I'd choose.. regardless of whether it was because it doesn't make financial sense to work or because I could afford not to work.
If the choice was between working and paying for child care vs staying at home with the kids then yes but she’s chosen to pimp out the kids to fund her staying at home with them. Talk about them earning their keep.

I’d personally rather go back to work 1 or 2 days a week and work around my partner/family for childcare than sell my kids out and plaster them all over the internet. It can only last so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Most of us aren’t cutting about in a Land Rover Discovery Sport though are we? The thought of the monthly PCP payments on that make my eyes water almost as much as a nursery bill
Also not to defend Emma too much but she may have a relative who works for Jaguar Land Rover as I know they get a very very hefty discount on behalf of family members.

Plus they have 3 kids and a dog, they need all the space they can get, and if they want something comfy that's up to them, in my opinion

Reactions: 5
Did she work one day a week in the NHS? I thought it was 3 days a week.

NHS pay is atrocious unless you’re a manager. She’d be paying to go to work.

Reactions: 7
I think you are misunderstanding my original point. None of us are living in normal times as is, lots of people are loosing jobs or have a lot of uncertainty over theirs. I just think that if you have a secure job (which I imagine finance in the NHS is) then sometimes it’s better to keep a foot in the door of that secure job and suck up a day of nursery for a year of 2 until they are eligible for their free childcare hours.
So to complain it would cost too much money (120 a day makes me wince too) for a day of nursery whilst probably paying through the nose for that sort of car sort of sticks in most folks throats.

I’d love to stay at home with my kids too....most days 😬... but I know if I were to stay at home it would be much harder for me to get back into the decent paid employment I’m in again.

I get the struggle from a Mum point of view, I really do, , but I’m also not sharing my kids to thousands on Instagram either to make a living instead of keeping my real job
I think this is really unfair, she has literally just had twins, why on Earth would she go back to work now? And in a years time, why would you go back to work for a day, to keep your foot in the door and fork out a horrific amount for nursery. It just seems like you’re a bit bitter that she is in a situation where she doesn’t need to return to work, and hundreds of thousands of people stay at home to look after their children, if she needs a job I hardly think they’ll look poorly on the fact she had twins and stayed at home to look after them

It seems that Danny has a good job, she’s so inactive on Instagram there is no chance shes making money enough to fund her not working, yeah she gets gifted stuff but she doesn’t do many paid for posts and she was inactive on Instagram for a good few months. Someone like Lil who seems to be full time in the “influencer” world it would seem to make more sense, but surely apart from some freebies emma isn’t making much from it at all

Reactions: 28
I think this is really unfair, she has literally just had twins, why on Earth would she go back to work now? And in a years time, why would you go back to work for a day, to keep your foot in the door and fork out a horrific amount for nursery. It just seems like you’re a bit bitter that she is in a situation where she doesn’t need to return to work, and hundreds of thousands of people stay at home to look after their children, if she needs a job I hardly think they’ll look poorly on the fact she had twins and stayed at home to look after them

It seems that Danny has a good job, she’s so inactive on Instagram there is no chance shes making money enough to fund her not working, yeah she gets gifted stuff but she doesn’t do many paid for posts and she was inactive on Instagram for a good few months. Someone like Lil who seems to be full time in the “influencer” world it would seem to make more sense, but surely apart from some freebies emma isn’t making much from it at all
I don’t think anyone is expecting her to be going back to work right now whatsoever given that she’s just had babies. But it’s a bit premature to bin off your work when you’ve got 9 months maternity leave before considering that possibility.

No bitterness here, some are cut out to stay at home with their kids all day and some aren’t. I am in the part time working Mum camp.

I’ll bet 1 or 2 adds per month adds up to a few hundred quid at least. What’s the average amount per post? Genuine question because I don’t know.
Bet it’s enough though to have only 1 of you working in your household whilst you’ve added another 2 members to the family. Hopefully with any luck her business will take off and I genuinely wish it well, so that It becomes an income source for her instead of the ads

Reactions: 3
From doing the ads i imagine she’s classed as self employed as well do I’m pretty sure she’ll still get SMP from the gov.

I don’t think anyone is expecting her to be going back to work right now whatsoever given that she’s just had babies. But it’s a bit premature to bin off your work when you’ve got 9 months maternity leave before considering that possibility.

No bitterness here, some are cut out to stay at home with their kids all day and some aren’t. I am in the part time working Mum camp.

I’ll bet 1 or 2 adds per month adds up to a few hundred quid at least. What’s the average amount per post? Genuine question because I don’t know.
Bet it’s enough though to have only 1 of you working in your household whilst you’ve added another 2 members to the family. Hopefully with any luck her business will take off and I genuinely wish it well, so that It becomes an income source for her instead of the ads
Not sure what they generally get paid for ads but I have read that Johnson’s pay £1000 per ad!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Only if she’s paid enough NI in the last year. With her being on a career break did she get paid?

As above, some of these ads pay £1k a post and they have a contract with them. I imagine she’ll have paid some NI along the way.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Also not to defend Emma too much but she may have a relative who works for Jaguar Land Rover as I know they get a very very hefty discount on behalf of family members.

Plus they have 3 kids and a dog, they need all the space they can get, and if they want something comfy that's up to them, in my opinion
I agree, if they can afford it why not? I know I would! I’ve never understood people who try to begrudge people having nice things that they can afford, just because there are people out there who can’t.

Reactions: 6
So she has never heard of a company but one of her mates shares it on her stories so Em has to get in there quick with her AF links - to a site she has never bought any thing from. Got to earn the pennies somehow I suppose.

Reactions: 9
So she has never heard of a company but one of her mates shares it on her stories so Em has to get in there quick with her AF links - to a site she has never bought any thing from. Got to earn the pennies somehow I suppose.
Shameless! I don’t usually mind her but this makes my blood boil!

Reactions: 4
Good grief, barely a month old and them babies are working hard so mummy can relax at home. Another ad on the grid. Flogging your kids is not a good look.

Reactions: 12
Newborns pay mortgages these days
I know right. I was talking about this with my mum and she was understandably horrified. I think any of us under the age of 35 have become normalised to putting our lives online. People like Emma are literally publishing all their babies' pictures online to a potentially global audience of millions for likes and money. Its so strange and dystopian. There is so much I could say about this but I'm not going to rant on. I just couldn't do it.

Reactions: 13
Shameless! I don’t usually mind her but this makes my blood boil!
I thought it was a little bit sly to be honest. I would say Emma and Caroline share quite a few followers so now they might use Emma’s link and code instead of the other!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.