Life Though Ems Eyes - Lifethroughemseyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don't think that's a valid reason, and I have elderly grandparents myself so totally appreciate they might not be with us next Christmas. You could use that excuse for absolutely anything...

I'm not going to deny that it was tempting, both our parents are in our childcare bubble so we've mixed with them before Christmas. They live within 10 minutes walking distance from our house, so no travel involved either. However, I rationalized it but picturing the scenario of being back at work in January and being the person who knew I broke the rules... and to be honest, I'd rather guarantee Easter with them and some sort of normality than pinning it on 'they might not be here next Christmas'

Anyway, not hijacking this thread. There's a Covid one.

What Em and her family have done isn't right in any of the current Tiers. If you want to break the rules, fine - each to their own. Just make sure you're not complaining when we're still in this situation at Easter ;)

Reactions: 12
🤷🏻‍♀️ We have stuck to everything, with the only exception being christmas day. I do feel guilty, but I know with my family set up, we couldnt stay away on christmas day. We will continue to stick to the rules again now. I think the persistent proud rule breakers, covid-deniers and non mask wearers are more an issue than the people who have broken the rules for one day.

Reactions: 4
I just don't think that's a valid reason, and I have elderly grandparents myself so totally appreciate they might not be with us next Christmas. You could use that excuse for absolutely anything...

I'm not going to deny that it was tempting, both our parents are in our childcare bubble so we've mixed with them before Christmas. They live within 10 minutes walking distance from our house, so no travel involved either. However, I rationalized it but picturing the scenario of being back at work in January and being the person who knew I broke the rules... and to be honest, I'd rather guarantee Easter with them and some sort of normality than pinning it on 'they might not be here next Christmas'

What Em and her family have done isn't right in any of the current Tiers. If you want to break the rules, fine - each to their own. Just make sure you're not complaining when we're still in this situation at Easter ;)
Were going to still be in this situation Easter regardless of whether you see your nan on Xmas day or not I’m afraid.

Reactions: 5
Realistically guys are you all sticking to the “rules” over Xmas? I’m sure not. Could be some of my families last Xmas and I’ll be dammed if I am being kept away from them any longer
1000% sticking to them. Totally bleeping selfish of you not to be, to be honest.

Edited to add - I mean, spoilt snowflakes acting like we are being TOLD we cannot see our families for no bloody reason. There is a worldwide pandemic, and I am currently living in an area where it is spreading like wildfire because of people LIKE YOU who thinks their needs and wants are greater than anyone else’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I don’t think it’s a valid reason either, I’ve got a 97 year Grandad, there’s every chance it his last Christmas, however, I stayed home and had a different Christmas - I did visit him and wished him a happy Christmas from the door. I’d rather not have it on my conscious that I’ve passed covid on to him.

Reactions: 12
We had a cracking gift exchange with my 84 year old grandad where he lowered a gift bag out of his window using a shoe horn 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I think if you wish to break the rules on a personal level is up to you and a very much agree to disagree situation

but I think it’s insensitive to post it all over your social media when you have a huge following (which is something you “want”) like do it but at least have the decency to be coy about it!!

Reactions: 6
Realistically guys are you all sticking to the “rules” over Xmas? I’m sure not. Could be some of my families last Xmas and I’ll be dammed if I am being kept away from them any longer
honestly, some people on tattle should consider applying to be covid wardens 😩 I’ve seen on others threads people googling postcodes and tit to find out what tiers people are in 🆘 they should step away from the news and daily Mail 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Sticking to the rules 100% - because I’m a decent human being and I care about the people I care about essentially, and I don’t think I’m above any of these rules no matter how hard they are. Ems and her family are selfish and secondly stupid for posting it all on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s difficult for everyone but it’s one bloody Christmas, couldn’t people just sacrifice one year?! We’ll never get out of this mess if people keep ignoring the rules. As people have already said as well, why put it all over bloody social media 🙄

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.