Lidia Baylis-Zullo #3 botched face, no work space, breaking rules all over the place

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
as someone going to uni in canada i’m very shook that getting a 72% is an amazing mark in the UK .. can someone explain this "first" system LOL I am lost because 72 is veryyyy average here

Attachments

Reactions: 2
In the UK the grading system works like this:
40-49% - 3rd
50-59% - 2:2
60-69% - 2:1
70-100% - 1st

To be fair to her, lecturers do mark quite harshly and so getting 70% is really good 😂

Reactions: 42
as someone going to uni in canada i’m very shook that getting a 72% is an amazing mark in the UK .. can someone explain this "first" system LOL I am lost because 72 is veryyyy average here
Annoying that she got that as she moans about uni so much but 72 is a very good grade basically all uni work is marked out of 100, anything over 70 is a first, a 2:1 is a mark between 60-69, a 2:2 is 50-59, a 3rd is 40-49

So there's a very small amount of marks per grading bracket as you can see, getting a 2:1 (between 60-69) is normally considered as a very good grade (I graduated with a 2:1 as did the majority of people I know, you'd have to be super clever to consistently get firsts in every single assignment for 3 years), getting a 2:2 is also not uncommon to receive even if you actually did put effort in I remember getting a 2:2 in some pieces of coursework that I'd definitely tried my best in and lecturers do mark harshly it's definently not like you can just get a first from being an active student in class you have to actually impress the lecturer in your writing and it needs to be of a publishable standard to receive a high first), 70+ is something that's above average and it's very hard to score anything above 80 really you'd have to have done super well to get that

Understood different countries are different but I don't understand why you'd be surprised that the grading system is different because 72 is a really good grade here lol? Everywhere is different

Reactions: 9
In the UK the grading system works like this:
40-49% - 3rd
50-59% - 2:2
60-69% - 2:1
70-100% - 1st

To be fair to her, lecturers do mark quite harshly and so getting 70% is really good 😂
Annoying that she got that as she moans about uni so much but 72 is a very good grade basically all uni work is marked out of 100, anything over 70 is a first, a 2:1 is a mark between 60-69, a 2:2 is 50-59, a 3rd is 40-49

So there's a very small amount of marks per grading bracket as you can see, getting a 2:1 (between 60-69) is normally considered as a very good grade (I graduated with a 2:1 as did the majority of people I know, you'd have to be super clever to consistently get firsts in every single assignment for 3 years), getting a 2:2 is also not uncommon to receive even if you actually did put effort in I remember getting a 2:2 in some pieces of coursework that I'd definitely tried my best in and lecturers do mark harshly it's definently not like you can just get a first from being an active student in class you have to actually impress the lecturer in your writing and it needs to be of a publishable standard to receive a high first), 70+ is something that's above average and it's very hard to score anything above 80 really you'd have to have done super well to get that

Understood different countries are different but I don't understand why you'd be surprised that the grading system is different because 72 is a really good grade here lol? Everywhere is different
thanks for this!! I didn't know everything was marked out of 100 so that definitely makes more sense now! I was just surprised from our perspective I guess haha but honestly since our grading is usually letter grading, it seems weird that everything is within 10 (example 60-69) but then 70 - 100 is a whole 30 marks, thats prob why I got confused but your explanations helped :)

thanks for this!! I didn't know everything was marked out of 100 so that definitely makes more sense now! I was just surprised from our perspective I guess haha but honestly since our grading is usually letter grading, it seems weird that everything is within 10 (example 60-69) but then 70 - 100 is a whole 30 marks, thats prob why I got confused but your explanations helped :)
yeah no it's super confusing and it's graded so differently from how schools work here it's a big adjustment to go to uni but yeah the fact the first grading bracket is so big is weird but it's like super rare to get grades in the 90s lecturers definitely don't just hand those out to anyone haha

The fact that there's only a few marks between a 2:2 and a 2:1 and a 2:1 and a first is really weird because it's really easy to miss out just by 1 mark, I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a 2:2 as such but people tend to aim for a 2:1/1st so the fact you could miss out on a 2:1 by 1 mark is really wild to me especially as when you graduate people don't ask you what the number is you graduated with (basically every assignment you ever do is added up and you're given an average mark and than that's your final mark/degree classification) they only ask what classification you graduated with

yeah no it's super confusing and it's graded so differently from how schools work here it's a big adjustment to go to uni but yeah the fact the first grading bracket is so big is weird but it's like super rare to get grades in the 90s lecturers definitely don't just hand those out to anyone haha

The fact that there's only a few marks between a 2:2 and a 2:1 and a 2:1 and a first is really weird because it's really easy to miss out just by 1 mark, I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a 2:2 as such but people tend to aim for a 2:1/1st so the fact you could miss out on a 2:1 by 1 mark is really wild to me
yeah exactly! and whats the discrepancy if someone gets an 80? or a 90? is that considered a first as well? because then its like your mark could be so different from someone else (eg. if you get a 96 (I know thats hard but lets just say) and someone gets a 71) ..you both have a 1st?

yeah exactly! and whats the discrepancy if someone gets an 80? or a 90? is that considered a first as well? because then its like your mark could be so different from someone else (eg. if you get a 96 (I know thats hard but lets just say) and someone gets a 71) ..you both have a 1st?
Yeah it's all just considered a first although (not 100% on this because my work wasn't of that standard lol) I think work that's graded 80+ (???) is considered publishable? So like if you got an 80-90 mark your lecturer considers it to be of a standard that it could actually be published whereas a 70 is just a really good piece of work

I'm not sure but I imagine if someone got a high first they'd probably just say they got a high first but either way a first is really good regardless of the actual number, but people who are reallyyyy clever and consistently score high firsts are probably more likely to win awards for their work or scholarships if they wanted to do a masters, I think most departments in most unis will give out an award for the best dissertation which scored the highest mark and stuff like that

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah it's all just considered a first although (not 100% on this because my work wasn't of that standard lol) I think work that's graded 80+ (???) is considered publishable? So like if you got an 80-90 mark your lecturer considers it to be of a standard that it could actually be published whereas a 70 is just a really good piece of work

I'm not sure but I imagine if someone got a high first they'd probably just say they got a high first but either way a first is really good regardless of the actual number, but people who are reallyyyy clever and consistently score high firsts are probably more likely to win awards for their work or scholarships if they wanted to do a masters, I think most departments in most unis will give out an award for the best dissertation which scored the highest mark and stuff like that
ahhhh okay that makes total sense!! thank youu 😊

Not Lidia thinking she’s at the same level as cinzia 😂 the way she speaks on her q and a has me cringing 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Lidia going on about being the favourite child 😬
I think she thinks she’s the best because she’s the only child (so far) to go to uni :/ cinzia went the “untraditional” route and marianna, although we don’t know much about her, doesn’t seem to me to be very interested in education. But fair play to Angie for saying she wouldn’t care if lidia didn’t go to university as long as she was doing what she enjoyed

I think she thinks she’s the best because she’s the only child (so far) to go to uni :/ cinzia went the “untraditional” route and marianna, although we don’t know much about her, doesn’t seem to me to be very interested in education. But fair play to Angie for saying she wouldn’t care if lidia didn’t go to university as long as she was doing what she enjoyed
tbf i think if she's the first person in their family to go to uni (i don't think angie or their dad did they?) then i can understand why she'd be really proud to go.

Reactions: 1
tbf i think if she's the first person in their family to go to uni (i don't think angie or their dad did they?) then i can understand why she'd be really proud to go.
Angie said she had went to university! And I don’t mean she shouldn’t be proud that she got into uni but she shouldn’t be the favourite child just because she does go, even though it is a very good achievement

Omg I’ve just switched on the new video and Lidia at the start is soooo rude to Angie. Honestly🥴

Reactions: 6
I actually cannot be arsed. I actually quite like angie she gives me very comforting mum vibes but look at the amount of ads she has on 😩 go away I’m sure you can afford your designer bag by leeching off cinzia I just wanna watch some ang content

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Angie said she had went to university! And I don’t mean she shouldn’t be proud that she got into uni but she shouldn’t be the favourite child just because she does go, even though it is a very good achievement
Ahh I get you

I did a study abroad in Canada and coursework and marking is so different to the U.K. I found it super achievable to be getting 90s in Canada but the highest grade I’ve ever got in the U.K. was 78 which I still can’t believe I got lol (I study history like Lidia). In Canada you constantly get essays and exams to do but in the U.K. for history you typically only have like 2 long essays for each module.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.