LGB Discussion #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good article
View attachment 2868955
Exactly. A lot of people in this thread have said for ages that the pivoting to trans rights from Stonewall was a strictly financial and to stay relevant move. Unfortunately for them (or perhaps, in spite of?) this directly clashed with gay rights, rendering their whole organisation as pointless, uninformed and redundant.

The laughable latest thing is now the loud and prominent TRAs have publicly turned against Stonewall, because Stonewall published a post saying they accept and find some agreements within the Cass report.

71642F69-DEFB-430E-AFCE-221B2878C113.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Exactly. A lot of people in this thread have said for ages that the pivoting to trans rights from Stonewall was a strictly financial and to stay relevant move. Unfortunately for them (or perhaps, in spite of?) this directly clashed with gay rights, rendering their whole organisation as pointless, uninformed and redundant.

The laughable latest thing is now the loud and prominent TRAs have publicly turned against Stonewall, because Stonewall published a post saying they accept and find some agreements within the Cass report.

View attachment 2869443
Tbh after their 2022 post I don't feel sorry for them at all. The damage they've done to the LGB community pedalling crap like that.

• Heart
Tbh after their 2022 post I don't feel sorry for them at all. The damage they've done to the LGB community pedalling crap like that.
thanks for posting the link, I’ll read it fully later, but the small screenshot alone reminded me of when an organisation (the NHS? Doubtful though…) published a report saying children are never born in the wrong bodies and then Mermaids tweeted they thought so too and always agreed with that, and then got multiple replies from multiple users that had evidence from multiple sources where Mermaids, historically, had said the exact opposite and claimed children could and were born in incorrect bodies.

As Judge Judy repeatedly says: if you tell the truth, you don’t have to have a good memory”.

And if you don’t, then make sure the lies aren’t timestamped and datestamped and you never, ever deviate from the lies, because the Internet is forever and screenshots are easy.

Reactions: 3
Good thread on the TQ and more sense from James Dreyfus

• Heart
Just seen some of the stuff, same sex attracted people have been told.
Screenshot_20240413_093114_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_092813_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_092515_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_091339_Samsung Internet.jpg

All from this website, this is category 5 of 7

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Let down by an organisation set up to protect LGB

Reactions: 1

Haven’t read yet but will later but I already know it will be about Stonewall letting down gay people and abandoning it’s original remit in exchange for further funding by highlighting and promoting lying about a transgender concept, even though parts of
Just seen some of the stuff, same sex attracted people have been told.
View attachment 2872468View attachment 2872469View attachment 2872470

View attachment 2872471
All from this website, this is category 5 of 7
i honestly hope that OP and the response is a joke and trolling. If they’re both serious…then my Lord.

Ive read the Times article now. There’s no point of me even quoting the relevant parts, they’re all relevant. I cannot believe the absolute cheek and DARVO that Stonewall are trying to pull here. I really don’t understand how some peoples minds work…do they really think, especially in 2024, nobody has the ability to look online and see blatant lies are being told?
---
Couple from twitter

I believe it was TRA Juno Dawson who made a similar comment: That gay men being gay is a consolation prize for not being brave enough to come out as a trans woman.

this is from 1996, also tweeted by gay not queer
View attachment 2881171
Interesting this was reported as far back as 1996. I agree with it, especially the last parts. I’ve always said: if you agree that people’s sexuality is something that they’re born with and can’t then, then you cannot realistically think of transgenderism as as real because the two directly contradict each other.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Another from twitter
“You lived through gay conversion 2.0”

On this subject I agree with a lot of what Dennis says. My very first post on page one in LGB thread one I made almost two years mentioned exactly the same thing:

25889FB2-4205-434C-9570-ED7F5D3E8878.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That opinion piece in the NYT from 1996 was interesting and shows how far back the issues go. I thought I’d look out the original article to which the guy was responding and found it here:

From the article:
1713374058130.png

1713374486460.png

Alison Laing is a classic example of an AGP. Calls himself a woman’s name and yet is married to a woman and is a father. He says, “we don’t have to live in gender boxes”. No we don’t, but you can be gender non-conforming without saying you’re a member of the opposite sex.

That opinion piece in the NYT from 1996 was interesting and shows how far back the issues go. I thought I’d look out the original article to which the guy was responding and found it here:

From the article:
View attachment 2881423
View attachment 2881431
Alison Laing is a classic example of an AGP. Calls himself a woman’s name and yet is married to a woman and is a father. He says, “we don’t have to live in gender boxes”. No we don’t, but you can be gender non-conforming without saying you’re a member of the opposite sex.
“They’re seeking and found their own political power”

except that’s not true, is it? They hijacked LGB and piggybacked onto BLM because they were socially popular. As a movement on its own, it wouldn’t stand up for a second under logical scrutiny and never would have been entertained and pandered to and gained tracks as much as it has.

Just seen (mentions lgb who are affected)

Couple from twitter

That second tweet is sad, and shocking. The first tweet, well I’ve always thought JC to be a bit of an idiot so no surprise from me on that.
---
Just seen (mentions lgb who are affected)
This is exactly what I said a while back on here, that the inclusion of the T and especially the Q+ has turned the so-called “umbrella” into a free for all for anyone that doesn’t feel like identifying as straight. Even if they are straight.

The ripple effect that “Adding the T” has caused to society on a global scale has been absolute madness and I don’t only just fear, but now fully expect the entire group to get backlash. The entire LGBTQ+ group. It’s only been roughly a week and we’ve already seen major players who were responsible for some of the worst parts in this whole thing self identifying themselves as having had nothing/little to ever do with it. When things get worse over the years after the full extent of all of this is released, I wonder how many of the TQ+ lot will make the decision to self identify themselves as not being TQ+ anymore?

Last edited:
The ripple effect that “Adding the T” has caused to society on a global scale has been absolute madness and I don’t only just fear, but now fully expect the entire group to get backlash. The entire LGBTQ+ group.
This is what I think as well. I believe the behaviour of the TRAs has made some people associate this behaviour with anyone who is LGB and is partly responsible for the rise in homophobia. People don’t bother to discern which factions of the LGBTQIA+ are pushing puberty blockers or wanting to abolish single-sex spaces; anyone who is part of the ‘community’ is fair game for criticism (or worse).
we’ve already seen major players who were responsible for some of the worst parts in this whole thing self identifying themselves as having had nothing/little to ever do with it.
Some are, and some (eg Tatchell) are doubling down and are calling for protests against the findings of the Cass report, even though it focuses solely on children and young people.

That second tweet is sad, and shocking. The first tweet, well I’ve always thought JC to be a bit of an idiot so no surprise from me on that.
He was a great constituency MP and used to really back the local workforce (of which I was one 😆) and minority groups who experienced discrimination. I supported him to become Labour leader and was ecstatic when he won, but the scales fell from my eyes when it was obvious he couldn’t define a woman. Just disillusioned with the whole lot of them tbh.