LGB Discussion #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what I think as well. I believe the behaviour of the TRAs has made some people associate this behaviour with anyone who is LGB and is partly responsible for the rise in homophobia. People don’t bother to discern which factions of the LGBTQIA+ are pushing puberty blockers or wanting to abolish single-sex spaces; anyone who is part of the ‘community’ is fair game for criticism (or worse).

Some are, and some (eg Tatchell) are doubling down and are calling for protests against the findings of the Cass report, even though it focuses solely on children and young people.

He was a great constituency MP and used to really back the local workforce (of which I was one 😆) and minority groups who experienced discrimination. I supported him to become Labour leader and was ecstatic when he won, but the scales fell from my eyes when it was obvious he couldn’t define a woman. Just disillusioned with the whole lot of them tbh.
Certainly wouldn't trust Tatchell
Screenshot_20240419_193011_Google.jpg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Another tweet from Dreyfus
Is James lurking on this thread? 👀🙏🏽 Or a coincidence that tweet contains a lot of the same exact wording used in very recent posts on this thread lol? (Though tbf it’s not like anyone who was in the know is surprised by any of this and hasn’t been saying the same for ages)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is what I think as well. I believe the behaviour of the TRAs has made some people associate this behaviour with anyone who is LGB and is partly responsible for the rise in homophobia. People don’t bother to discern which factions of the LGBTQIA+ are pushing puberty blockers or wanting to abolish single-sex spaces; anyone who is part of the ‘community’ is fair game for criticism (or worse).
i know I mentioned it a couple of times before but the topic did recently come up again so I’ll reiterate: THIS is why I find this abhorrent and hate it and hold it to much more accountability.

Im not downplaying homophobia, or only interested/obsessed in the trans aspect of it, nothing would make me happier if both and all were eradicated tomorrow.

But my point was, and always has been, that I hold it more accountable BECAUSE they are meant to be on our side. I don’t condone homophobia from right wing groups or religious groups, but I’m not surprised by it. I’m also not particularly hurt by it because I won’t intentionally get involved or seek out these groups for support or understanding about homophobia, like I would a gay rights organisation.

Or, a simpler analogy: I’d be far more hurt and far more angry, if after the victim of an assault perpetuated by racism, I was called racist insults from an anti-racist charity, than I would be by the same words said from members of a KKK group.
---
Omg James if you’re reading along here, please tweet a wolf or a moon emoji as a sign! 😉
If this happens I am literally going to scream (or howl lol) 🐺

Reactions: 3
Where’s that overdue eyeroll reaction
---
Omg James if you’re reading along here, please tweet a wolf or a moon emoji as a sign! 😉
Not gonna lie, but I have been checking this for any small hint 😂 in his header there’s a hamster in what could maybe be described roaring like a wolf, but I think that’s reaching so far I’ll pull a muscle.

i did come across this pic though in my checking his recent tweets!

F04D9088-3470-4E38-9CF8-7E9580A0C1CB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Where’s that overdue eyeroll reaction
---

Not gonna lie, but I have been checking this for any small hint 😂 in his header there’s a hamster in what could maybe be described roaring like a wolf, but I think that’s reaching so far I’ll pull a muscle.

i did come across this pic though in my checking his recent tweets!

View attachment 2891498
Can’t believe he was 18 here!

Reactions: 1
I think that’s a question/ponderance a lot of us gay people on this thread have mentioned already, that if we were born X amount of years later, would we have been caught up in it?
Have you watched this discussion between Mr Menno and Hassan Mamdani (scientist and director of the Gay Men’s Network) where they reflect on growing up gay in the 80s / 90s and consider whether they would have thought about questioning their ‘gender’?
(Even for those who are not interested in the gender aspect, it’s an interesting and insightful look at the times they grew up in; they talk about being bullied, feeling as though they never fitted in with the other lads and how they never really felt comfortable with who they were until a long way into adulthood).

• Heart
Depressing news for gay people in Iraq who could now face 10 - 15 years in prison for same-sex relationships :(

However, Dominica recently repealed their ban on ‘consensual gay relationships’ (I don’t know why they added the ‘consensual’ because surely any relationships, gay or straight, that aren’t consensual should be illegal anyway).

More about the Gareth Roberts book

I don’t mean this in the wrong way but it is SO satisfying that this is all coming out now All the people who ever gaslit us along the way, tried to downplay it, said we were making too much of an issue of things the majority of people don’t care about etc, well this is the day of reckoning. The NHS today has said our concerns were valid all along, as we knew.
---
@Peachsquish thanks for the links on that book, it sounds interesting and i will check it out

Last edited:
  • Heart