Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KINGAA

VIP Member
I was under the impression that getting dropped was mainly down to the big US promo push failing so badly. Done and dusted after one song, no label is going to back a manufactured group if they can’t make it international these days - a US number one single only needs 100,000 downloads now, all the kids are listening for free on YouTube and Spotify pays basically nothing
Nah nothing to do with the US, they gave up on that years ago.

Reactions: 1

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
This is absolutely how it works. Co-writing still gets you a little pin money. I co-wrote with a producer who was the producer for Stock Aitken and Waterman's Hit Factory and works to this day with Kylie Minogue. Lovely, lovely bloke, great to work with, did a little minor surgery on three of our tracks, and he took 4%. Every little helps :D

Conversely, Robbie Williams probably took 4% from most of his songs for shite like "and that's a good line to take it to the bridge", and the George Formby-Esque masterpiece "my breath smells of a thousand fags, and when I'm drunk I dance like me dad".

With the absolute greatest of respect to you, comparing Taylor Swift, who I do think is very talented, to one of the greatest and most influential pop icons of, and across the last 40/50 years, is a bit of a stretch. Bowie transcended music. Taylor Swift is really, really fucked off by her choices of boyfriends.
Oooh I'd love to know more, your comment is so interesting. Are you able to say what songs you worked on?

KINGAA

VIP Member
Click on the tweet it will take you to the Twitter thread
He’s deleted the original tweet, what did he say? Probably some pig ignorance knowing him! I guess it’s something to do with Leighannes Doc?

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Alex seems abit full of himself and has the rep of always being injured lol but he seems like a nice guy and they come across as a good couple.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Fairs, I kind of forgot that even mediocre footballers still earn quite abit. I do wonder how long he’s going to be professional though or atleast premier league standard anyways and like if he will have a career after football, like Beckham or Lampard or just retire and do nothing. I’m pretty sure little mix do write some of their songs, with leigh anne writing the most out of all the girls. Her and Jade are signed to a different label as song writtters, and have written for other artists. They seem to do sell out tours all across the UK, Europe, Asia and Australia but I have no clue actually how much that pays.

I do wonder if she will actually marry him though, like we have been here before with Perrie and Jesy. Also does she own her house herself or did she buy it with him?

This is what I was thinking when I was comparing him to Andre, Alex plays for the England 1st team and played for arsenal in the past and now for Liverpool. He’s younger, more famous and has a better career ahead of him. Like if you said Alex Oxdale Chamberlin I would say he’s an England player (who gets injured a lot) but if you said Andre Gray I would say girl from little mix’s dead beat boyfriend.
When the girls did a come dine with me thing on YouTube they were all shocked at leighannes house - the probably got it together, probably more his money. Little Mix don’t earn as much as he does

Last edited:

Lara98

Chatty Member
Sorry, bit of topic… But I don’t understand what the point is of her posting photos with her babies if she doesn’t have their faces in them?
I don't see a problem with it, I can imagine she wants to share photos from holiday without her children being targeted like she has. The only way to prevent that is to cover their faces, she may not want them in the public eye either and yes some people would say well why is she posting them at all, does that mean she can't share family photos at all? I honestly think if LA wasn't as discriminated against as she was, she may be sharing her children a bit more however is probably protecting them for their own safety. Either way she can't win, people will moan she covers their faces and if she didnt people would target them or moan she's showing off her kids.

Handerton

Chatty Member
Little Mix do songwrite btw!
No, check the credits. Standard arrangement of no involvement on any singles, but sit in the sessions for album tracks and take a couple of points. Songwriting is a massively skilled job with a long apprenticeship, training under experts for many years. Even people like Ed Sheeran only sketch out song ideas, no label would sanction any release these days without professional song writers and producers having responsibility for 95% of any song

Tea4u

VIP Member
No, check the credits. Standard arrangement of no involvement on any singles, but sit in the sessions for album tracks and take a couple of points. Songwriting is a massively skilled job with a long apprenticeship, training under experts for many years. Even people like Ed Sheeran only sketch out song ideas, no label would sanction any release these days without professional song writers and producers having responsibility for 95% of any song
Ohhh.. okay thanks. They’ve said in multiple interviews they songwrite 😫

Readread

VIP Member
I think he probably has an ACL issue. He’s always got knee injuries. My husband is a diehard Liverpool fan so I never hear the end of it 😂

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think we have touched on it briefly in this thread, but I agree, that does deserve a thread of its very own :ROFLMAO:
I usually try and find something I like when I see stage outfits. Like I may not be a fan of the colour combination but I like the outfit. Or if the fit was different it would be great.
But nope, they wear some really ugly, and more importantly, confusing outfits!

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Little mix are a guilty pleasure of mine- although I echo some of you here, I think they’re going to be “taking a break” and launching solo careers- Perrie in particular seems to be gunning for that on Insta.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re fed up- they definitely don’t seem to be as in control of the group as they like us to believe they are.
I think as much as people dislike syco and make them out to be the bad guys, they seem to be better under their management

KINGAA

VIP Member
I just don't know why everyone has to see a video of her and her fiance kissing and putting on a show, why not save some things for private and for yourself? Gah she annoys me!
How long do you think they last? He’s already rumoured to have cheated when he was in Vegas with a load of ladies. Think he was arrested at one point or something!