LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s not very important, but I’m really curious, how old is Steve Allen?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He reads the Newspapers for his show and needs glasses for that but also doesn't need them for anything else hence half on half off
Reading the papers is his show! 🤣 (admittedly with the added extras of food and illness chat).

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do you listen? Are you one of those he talks about who don't like the show but add to his listening figures lol
Unless his show has drastically changed in the time I've stopped listening, I think I'm fairly safe in guessing his content is much as ever was. I got bored of him picking on the same old easy targets and I disliked his old-school-but-not-in-a-good-way approach.

I switch from TalkRadio for Nick Ferrari so I sometimes catch a few minutes which tends to confirm my guess about things being the same. I'm glad my 10 minutes listening on an FM radio won't contribute to his figures, and I'm not filling in any Rajar journals either 🤣

I couldn’t believe JOB today laughing along with someone who returned from France and didn’t isolate at home and used a fake covid test certificate. Can you imagine how he’d react if it had been a Tory?!
Especially if they were a Leave supporter.....

I cannot stand James O'Brien, as he is so depressing and such a downer.

Back in 2019, when I had my last foreign holiday!
The taxi driver was blaring out JOB, for the full 30 minutes to the airport; despite my asking him to turn it down.
Safe to say, the taxi driver did not get a tip from me.
I used the tip for a quick G&T in the airport to recover, and get me back into the holiday mood!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
He reads the Newspapers for his show and needs glasses for that but also doesn't need them for anything else hence half on half off
I disagree. His glasses just don't seem to him fit properly anymore.

I'm not sure if he wears glasses all the time now, but here he wasn't just reading newspapers. Anyway, a decent pair, whether single lens; bifocal or varifocal should still fit the face and ears correctly.

He probably needs either varifocals or for the arms to be adjusted.
Yes, I fully agree.

Last edited:
I know it’s not very important, but I’m really curious, how old is Steve Allen?
How old did you think he was/is? IMO, I don't think you can tell from his voice, it's the oldie stuff & nonsense he often spouts that shows his true age.

Reactions: 3
Steve very excited this morning because Tesco are stocking seedless lemons! He's going to buy some. God knows what he will do with them. 🙄

• Wow
Steve very excited this morning because Tesco are stocking seedless lemons! He's going to buy some. God knows what he will do with them. 🙄
Lemon juice in a little water, taken regularly, is very good for fending off kidney stones.
He's maybe gone all holistic 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
How old did you think he was/is? IMO, I don't think you can tell from his voice, it's the oldie stuff & nonsense he often spouts that shows his true age.
Indeed!
I thought he was a bit younger like 61 or something

• Haha
Iain Dale was on good form on GMB on ITV this morning. He had Ranvir Singh rattled and floundering as she plainly did not expect a guest to be well informed and able to swat her cheap shots away.

Reactions: 5
I disagree. His glasses just don't seem to him fit properly anymore.

I'm not sure if he wears glasses all the time now, but here he wasn't just reading newspapers. Anyway, a decent pair, whether single lens; bifocal or varifocal should still fit the face and ears correctly.

Yes, I fully agree.
Disagree all you like, I was repeating what he had said on the show, from what i could remember lol
Personally I know nothing about wearing glasses 🤷‍♀️
I'm sure if he needs different glasses he can go and get them with his sizeable income from his highly popular show 😭:D:m🤑

Lemon juice in a little water, taken regularly, is very good for fending off kidney stones.
He's maybe gone all holistic 😀
Pretty sure he could buy 100% squeezed lemon juice online. Probably works out cheaper too. I occasionally buy Biona organic lemon juice from ocado.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.