LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like Shelagh has got into a bit of bother by suggesting that unvaccinated people should have their coffee poisoned. I absolutely advocate taking the vaccine but this sort of language is unacceptable and IMO, crosses a line as far as radio presenters should go with their views.

The main issue with her though is that she's refused to address any of the people tweeting about it nor has she apologised. Sometimes we say things and blow them out of proportion but the lack of an apology is quite telling here.
I saw the brouhaha and she denied saying it or something similar. She told the person to take it down.

I listened to his rant this morning (20 minutes!) and he really is starting to sound manic. Perhaps a few more sessions with his therapist wouldn't go amiss. He must be hell to live with.
I feel sorry for his therapist. Although on the upside there is plenty of work there for him/her.

Seems like Shelagh has got into a bit of bother by suggesting that unvaccinated people should have their coffee poisoned. I absolutely advocate taking the vaccine but this sort of language is unacceptable and IMO, crosses a line as far as radio presenters should go with their views.

The main issue with her though is that she's refused to address any of the people tweeting about it nor has she apologised. Sometimes we say things and blow them out of proportion but the lack of an apology is quite telling here.
Didn't she also suggest that Trump supporters should be shot or something like that?

Last edited:
I think I'd have been tempted to do a flounce and told them what I thought of them, like Billy did. 😲 😉:D
I was seriously tempted but decided against giving them any oxygen. Life's too short.

I was surprised Shelagh got so much flack this afternoon. I didn't hear the whole show but I never heard her say anything outrageous. Then I found this. It has the audio from this afternoon.

After years of not having an opinion, Shelagh is making up for it. Not quite as bad as when she tweeted that the capitol rioters in Washington should be shot. I don't disagree with her but I think she needs to start phrasing things better and not get so emotional. She is going to end up in trouble.

Reactions: 4
I was seriously tempted but decided against giving them any oxygen. Life's too short.

I was surprised Shelagh got so much flack this afternoon. I didn't hear the whole show but I never heard her say anything outrageous. Then I found this. It has the audio from this afternoon.

After years of not having an opinion, Shelagh is making up for it. Not quite as bad as when she tweeted that the capitol rioters in Washington should be shot. I don't disagree with her but I think she needs to start phrasing things better and not get so emotional. She is going to end up in trouble.
Sounded like a tongue in cheek remark. Kind of in the same way as when someone dislikes another person for something, you might say 'how did you not strangle him/her' obviously not being serious.

You're describing LBC of old before it became a 24 hour national news based station. Well, maybe not quite but it did have travel shows and cooking (even Gino D'Acampo had a short lived show). I still think there's room in the schedule especially at the weekend for some of that kind of stuff.
In theory it would be good to have some feature programmes (although they do have things like the legal hour), but do understand where you are coming from! It must be difficult if they are trying to promote themselves as the 'go-to' 24 hour (except for Steve Allen !) News station, to suddenly break format, because news doesn't stop happening just because it is the weekend !

( Off Topic but just a note to anyone who knew me from DS I have deleted my account and no longer posting there. This is my new home now 🥰 )
Well hope you will be happy here in your new home. I have got a nice comfy armchair for you, over there in the corner. The latest cooking facilites are in the kitchen .... !!).

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sounded like a tongue in cheek remark. Kind of in the same way as when someone dislikes another person for something, you might say 'how did you not strangle him/her' obviously not being serious.
I agree. However, in this current climate you cannot make a tongue in cheek remark without it being taken deathly seriously and you being 'cancelled'. Everything is taken so literally. I'm pretty confident Shelagh wasn't advocating poisoning anyone.

I was just listening to James O'Brien and he is taking about not taking PMQ's live anymore. Theo disagrees. I have my own theory on why James doesn't want to do it. It means can't talk for about 15 minutes !! And why does he keep interjecting whilst it's going on? I'd rather listen to what the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition have to say rather than James. Their opinions are more important than his.

Reactions: 5
I agree. However, in this current climate you cannot make a tongue in cheek remark without it being taken deathly seriously and you being 'cancelled'. Everything is taken so literally. I'm pretty confident Shelagh wasn't advocating poisoning anyone.

I was just listening to James O'Brien and he is taking about not taking PMQ's live anymore. Theo disagrees. I have my own theory on why James doesn't want to do it. It means can't talk for about 15 minutes !! And why does he keep interjecting whilst it's going on? I'd rather listen to what the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition have to say rather than James. Their opinions are more important than his.
It does my head in when he interjects every ten minutes just to shot liar, or untrue.

I can’t work out his relationship with Theo, Theo seems to get a bit short with him sometimes but then he gave him the interview when he was released from hospital after covid, which seems an age ago now.

• Wow
It does my head in when he interjects every ten minutes just to shot liar, or untrue.

I can’t work out his relationship with Theo, Theo seems to get a bit short with him sometimes but then he gave him the interview when he was released from hospital after covid, which seems an age ago now.
I can't work out his relationship with Theo either. Sometimes Theo sounds genuinely annoyed with him.

Traffic light system being discussed all day long. Am I the only one who doesn't find it confusing? It seems simple enough to me. Amber just means you can go there if you really need to ie work, funeral, care for a relative etc etc not for a jolly to Spain with your mates :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
i

James seems to be suffering from an inflated ego.

As to Theo being keen on taking PMQs live that is what one would expect. After all in his role of political editor it is a guaranteed set piece event most weeks. Was James just being nasty to him?

Steve back doing Sunday in a couple of weeks.
He was going over the whole Jade Goody/Big Brother thing again this morning. Makes a change from food I suppose.

He was going over the whole Jade Goody/Big Brother thing again this morning. Makes a change from food I suppose.
I caught him around quarter-to-Ferrari. He seems increasingly sad to me, if it weren't for his show he'd be the poor old bloke at the bus stop telling you he was off to a hospital appointment with all the TMI details.

I remain surprised that his employers don't insist on him travelling home in a car. from his work place, he could easily have a turn on the train. I have also always imagined that he secretly detests his die-hard fans.

Would rather he stuck to waffling on about food tbh.
Bring back Auntie Enid!
Richard Spurr is also far preferable on a Sat/Sun, Allen really should just stick to Mon-Fri for his own sanity & the listener's 😁

Reactions: 1
I can’t work out his relationship with Theo, Theo seems to get a bit short with him sometimes but then he gave him the interview when he was released
I've thought Theo likes James but isn't going to just nod his head and will challenge him. Back when Nigel farage had a show Theo didn't seam to care enough and bother to get short with him.

Did anyone see his KFC jacket on twitter, and how he shares a KFC bucket with his neighbour twice a week, when the other day he was on about how he’d never had a takeaway and didn’t trust food delivery drivers.. I suppose I’d rather that then his past history with cooking appliances.I agree he does sound a bit lost really.
I've thought Theo likes James but isn't going to just nod his head and will challenge him. Back when Nigel farage had a show Theo didn't seam to care enough and bother to get short with him.
I’m quite missing Nigel's show, it was quite nice just having that hour slot that was something a bit different. These 3 hour programmes are a bit to long now.

I couldn’t believe JOB today laughing along with someone who returned from France and didn’t isolate at home and used a fake covid test certificate. Can you imagine how he’d react if it had been a Tory?!

• Angry
Did anyone see his KFC jacket on twitter, and how he shares a KFC bucket with his neighbour twice a week, when the other day he was on about how he’d never had a takeaway and didn’t trust food delivery drivers.. I suppose I’d rather that then his past history with cooking appliances.I agree he does sound a bit lost really.
20210520_131604.jpg

Sadly hearing him talk about his diet is more like hearing how he chooses to self-harm. No one should deny themselves treats but most of his foods sound less than suitable for someone in his state of health. His proud avoidance of exercise is equally as worrying. Maybe others are right and he really just says this stuff to wind up listeners, it's hard to imagine why he wouldn't want to care for himself more.

He looks very frail and elderly. I’ve no idea what he was like before.

How does Steve wear his glasses like that? I wear glasses and wouldn't be able to stand them hanging on my nose.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.