LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This morning I heard NF going on about a Sam Smith video. I have just watched it and okay it could be termed as slightly suggestive, but nothing as bad as Nick made it sound. Also the clip that he played was very 'noisy', listening to the track online it almost has a tune ! Did anyone else hear him ?

This morning I heard NF going on about a Sam Smith video. I have just watched it and okay it could be termed as slightly suggestive, but nothing as bad as Nick made it sound. Also the clip that he played was very 'noisy', listening to the track online it almost has a tune ! Did anyone else hear him ?
Yes, just faux outrage from Ferrari to be honest.

Reactions: 1
This Sam Smith character has passed me by thankfully.

Reactions: 2
A pop star just being a pop star. Nothing to see here.

Steve Allen couldn't resist buying a pair of 2ft tall teddy bears wearing top hat & cape, they even have their own travel case.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Steve Allen couldn't resist buying a pair of 2ft tall teddy bears wearing top hat & cape, they even have their own travel case.
When Steve finally goes to the great studio in the sky. his brother will hold the world's biggest ever one-man boot sale. 🧸

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I heard him mention this morning about all the drones and other weird flying toys he has bought and never taken them out of the box. Why would you even admit to that?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Geeezus a full 15 minute monologue about how he (JOB) doesn't goad anymore but he used to. Give me a break. Plus a brief life history of himself. Oh to be that self-absorbed yet lacking in self-awareness all at the same time, it's quite surreal sometimes ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Geeezus a full 15 minute monologue about how he (JOB) doesn't goad anymore but he used to. Give me a break. Plus a brief life history of himself. Oh to be that self-absorbed yet lacking in self-awareness all at the same time, it's quite surreal sometimes ... :rolleyes:
O'Brain is starting to sound paranoid.

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. The bit I heard was pretty paranoid sounding, like he was somehow trying to re-write history ... especially about the time he was on TV. He said something like: "If people watched that now they could misunderstand me ... they don't understand how tv works ... etc. etc. yada. yada. Frankly, I don't think anyone gives a duck apart from a few of us frequenting forums like this one! And even then, not really. :LOL:

The way that Rees Mogg and Nadine Dorries have moved into TV work has unsettled him.

No amount of name calling can avoid the reality he was routed by the chavs of daytime ITV back on O'Brien which was then dropped.

He also managed to blow a minor holiday cover role on BBC Newsnight.

What if the people he calls "thickos" are a success?

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. The bit I heard was pretty paranoid sounding, like he was somehow trying to re-write history ... especially about the time he was on TV. He said something like: "If people watched that now they could misunderstand me ... they don't understand how tv works ... etc. etc. yada. yada. Frankly, I don't think anyone gives a duck apart from a few of us frequenting forums like this one! And even then, not really. :LOL:
He was mumbling about having been to soiree/parties with daily mail journalists & other journo types, sharing canapes & fizz.
I think he feels grubby now 😁
The self-flagellation will now commence

Like everything else, it'll be the fault of Daily Mail readers and those who voted for Brexit.
I wonder why it matters much to him; to the extent that it seems to dominate his life. I can understand why people whose lives have been materially affected bearing a grudge but apart from having to produce his passport for his annual Greek holiday, how does Brexit affect him? He's built his recent career on whining about it. He should be grateful.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Catching up on a few Little Bit Extra podcasts recently I heard Steve Allen admit that it was prostrate trouble he was stricken with last year during the mysterious absence from his LBC shows and the hospital 'procedure' that ensued. I think we probably guessed it was this sort of thing but it came up after he was talking about the news of Paul Burrell's cancer diagnosis in the media recently.

Catching up on a few Little Bit Extra podcasts recently I heard Steve Allen admit that it was prostrate trouble he was stricken with last year during the mysterious absence from his LBC shows and the hospital 'procedure' that ensued. I think we probably guessed it was this sort of thing but it came up after he was talking about the news of Paul Burrell's cancer diagnosis in the media recently.
He's never given a specific diagnosis of what was wrong but it was obviously prostrate related and he has said several times about blockages and blood clots. I think he must have been quite poorly.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.