LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In his intro he is blaming Brexit for the P&O situation. Hopefully someone will call in and ask how something similar happened in Ireland? But I doubt they will be put on air.....
The only people who ring James are people who are either flogging a book or have been to an 'event' where James is flogging his own book. RAJAR need to check their ratings algorithm, quite how this unpleasant gnome is top-rated is beyond me.

Feels like it's the 4th week Nick Abbot has been on the air doing the overnight slot. He can now take a holiday for 2-3 months with all that overtime and stop talking about never having a holiday in 10 years!

Reactions: 1
Our former Head Girl was on GB News again this morning. It looks as though Bev Turner has the holiday cover gig for weekend breakfast.

Our former Head Girl was on GB News again this morning. It looks as though Bev Turner has the holiday cover gig for weekend breakfast.
Bev forgot her keys this morning and had to wake her house up. Why she could not collect them later was not explained?

But any pit lane girls watching were no doubt smiling.

It is almost an ex-LBC fest on GB News this morning with Beverley now Bev Turner presenting and Petrie Hosken as a guest.

In fact it turned out that Stephen Dixon has known Petrie for 47 years and they obviously get on. Our former Head Girl will be giving Petri a couple of hundred lines later for outshining her.

By the way is Bev a proper name for a former Head Girl?

What did Bev Turner do before a this Covid stuff? I like GB News, but it does seem like they use presenters and guests that have been controversial or say controversial things. I haven't particularly agreed with Bev Turner on Covid.

What did Bev Turner do before a this Covid stuff? I like GB News, but it does seem like they use presenters and guests that have been controversial or say controversial things. I haven't particularly agreed with Bev Turner on Covid.
Bev got involved in a lot of things around maternity. I do not know a lot about it but I do recall a maternity doctor criticising her and describing some of her views as dangerous.

Rachel Johnson was really struggling over the basics in Ukraine yesterday - calling Mariupol its biggest port and saying once that's taken over Ukraine will have lost its access to the sea o_O

She doesn't have a particularly high workload, it's impressive to be this uninformed when it's literally her job.

Reactions: 3
Rachel Johnson was really struggling over the basics in Ukraine yesterday

She doesn't have a particularly high workload, it's impressive to be this uninformed when it's literally her job.
She's beyond dreadful. I feel sorry for people wanting to break into national broadcast media, people who may have actual talent rather than a famous relative. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if I were her. The ego of these people is scary.

Reactions: 4
She's beyond dreadful. I feel sorry for people wanting to break into national broadcast media, people who may have actual talent rather than a famous relative. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if I were her. The ego of these people is scary.
I don't see why LBC employ her, David lammy (a working MP), and that guy who does the legal hour. I can see the idea of a legal hour, but he can't help all the people that need it, so they should just be gone with that slot.

Rachel Johnson at her very very best is mediocre. Lbc should be above employing people like her. She's not unattractive, but anytime I see her pictured my first thought is it's BJ in drag.

I'd rather Lucy and her sex show than the legal hour. I could answer 98% of the calls as it's more of less the same few rules that cover it all. A quick Google could show people their rights and how to file with the small claims court. 😴

Praise beans that nick Abbot is finally having a day off today! Take the rest of the month off lbc nick, you deserve it.

I’m usually travelling on a Sunday night so often hear Rachel’s show and I do agree. Her brother is the PM for starters, so surely that limits the discussion topics and the callers who can actually get on? And disappointing if she doesn’t really know the basics of the topics she’s covering.

I also just find her to be in the nice but dull category as far as her presenting style goes. Just not got the charisma for radio.

Siri please explain the meaning of the word Triggered...

I rarely watch GB News but I happened to catch a bit of Dan Wootton's show this evening. He and Carole Malone had a go at Jobbie that will no doubt earn them a place on his hate list (if they aren't already there.) Here's just a bit of it:

I rarely watch GB News but I happened to catch a bit of Dan Wootton's show this evening. He and Carole Malone had a go at Jobbie that will no doubt earn them a place on his hate list (if they aren't already there.) Here's just a bit of it:

James O'Brien will need to get some extra memory on his phone if he keeps his hate list on it.

James O'Brien will need to get some extra memory on his phone if he keeps his hate list on it.
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. Jimbo loves the attention. He's just a troll, actually he's worse than a troll he's a priviledged educated troll ... there's no excuse for that, that's pretty low. There's a reason he's on commercial radio. It's so obvious to me why he needed therapy. Poor James. LOL.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.