LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cheese and broccoli is common so why not sprouts? Have you had roasted or fried sprouts?
I suppose. You get broccoli bakes and obviously cauliflower cheese is one of the best foods known to man. Maybe I've been too hasty.
To quote Fagin 'I'm reviewing, the situation'.

Reactions: 1
He doesn't drive into London very often. He used to drive in for his Sunday show but as he doesn't do that anymore I doubt he does it at all. He's a big user of public transport. He's always moaning about people on the bus ('Thank you driver') and people putting their feet on train seats. If he comes in for a Joe Allens or Little Italy get together he's too busy quaffing cocktails to drive.

Heard a new one from him today. Cheese on sprouts. Does he just grab whatever is in the cupboard or fridge and put it all together?
Doesn't sound like a good combination. Cheese on Broccoli I've tried, but I would say cauliflower cheese is far better haha. I'd be intrigued at his fridge and what is inside it lol.

He doesn't drive into London very often. He used to drive in for his Sunday show but as he doesn't do that anymore I doubt he does it at all. He's a big user of public transport. He's always moaning about people on the bus ('Thank you driver') and people putting their feet on train seats. If he comes in for a Joe Allens or Little Italy get together he's too busy quaffing cocktails to drive.

Heard a new one from him today. Cheese on sprouts. Does he just grab whatever is in the cupboard or fridge and put it all together?
Cheese on sprouts 😳
As it’s Steve guessing we’re talking hunks on cold cheese popped on top of hot sprouts, get the feeling that Steve is not familiar with working with a foot blender, or any kind of food prep. Did I hear him say once he never lets his fillet steak rest, straight onto the plate. Wonder how he cooks his steak.

Cheese on sprouts 😳
As it’s Steve guessing we’re talking hunks on cold cheese popped on top of hot sprouts, get the feeling that Steve is not familiar with working with a foot blender, or any kind of food prep. Did I hear him say once he never lets his fillet steak rest, straight onto the plate. Wonder how he cooks his steak.
He cuts most things into bite size pieces and boils them up together. He always uses scissors to cut up food!!

Steve must have to get an Uber or something for the start of his show though I would have thought?

A question about an ad on LBC. If I wanted to go to Ireland (have no plans to at present!), I have to press a 'green button'. Where is this green button? Is it on an app?

Steve must have to get an Uber or something for the start of his show though I would have thought?
I wander if they get a prepaid car if there on earlies, I’m sure I’ve heard Tom Swarbrick on his 10-1 once saying they have an Addison Lee outside but I may have been half asleep.

Today I heard Steve say sprouts with cheese and mayo was good. Hmmm. Maybe if they were roasted and in a sandwich with other things.

He seems easier to listen to these days.

Today I heard Steve say sprouts with cheese and mayo was good. Hmmm. Maybe if they were roasted and in a sandwich with other things.

Didn’t listen earlier, by all accounts Gemma Collins got the full Steve. Anyone hear that?

I wander if they get a prepaid car if there on earlies, I’m sure I’ve heard Tom Swarbrick on his 10-1 once saying they have an Addison Lee outside but I may have been half asleep.
I've always assumed its Addison Lee. Steve always talks about having an account for his car in the morning.

James got a bit ahead of himself earlier with caller Valerie. She opened with a fairly innocuous remark which he jumped on and tried to make her look stupid only for him to end up apologising to her and declaring everyone 'should be more Valerie'. He made himself look a bit stupid on that one. At least he realised.

I've always assumed its Addison Lee. Steve always talks about having an account for his car in the morning.

James got a bit ahead of himself earlier with caller Valerie. She opened with a fairly innocuous remark which he jumped on and tried to make her look stupid only for him to end up apologising to her and declaring everyone 'should be more Valerie'. He made himself look a bit stupid on that one. At least he realised.
Think that’s known as getting your retaliation in first 😀

Now, yesterday you'd just about convinced me that cheese and sprouts wouldn't be that bad ... now mayo has been mentioned and you've lost me 🤪

Now, yesterday you'd just about convinced me that cheese and sprouts wouldn't be that bad ... now mayo has been mentioned and you've lost me 🤪
I wouldn’t want the mayo, cheese and sprouts on their own. I could see roasted sprouts on a Christmas sandwich, with cranberry sauce and mayo. Possibly cheese, but not sure. Would take the place of lettuce. When I made leftover turkey sandwiches I’d always add cranberry sauce and mayo. Roasted sprout tops now seems to be a thing on sandwiches on Instagram. I like the idea of all the different textures.

I wouldn’t want the mayo, cheese and sprouts on their own. I could see roasted sprouts on a Christmas sandwich, with cranberry sauce and mayo. Possibly cheese, but not sure. Would take the place of lettuce. When I made leftover turkey sandwiches I’d always add cranberry sauce and mayo. Roasted sprout tops now seems to be a thing on sandwiches on Instagram. I like the idea of all the different textures.
Are you Steve Allen?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It was interesting listening to Nick Abbot and Carol Mcgiffins podcast. Carol mentioned the French healthcare and it sounds like it's very effective and reliable there. Carol said it was a big reason why she and her husband applied for residency in France. You can go to blood centres around towns and pay 20 euros and get a blood test. Nick was bemoaning the NHS and how people are outraged whenever it's mentioned that NHS needs a overhaul.

He was right in saying that so much money goes into the NHS from all our taxes, yet it hasn't improved. It was just interesting to hear the view of healthcare from Carol, especially considering she had cancer and needed to be where healthcare was reliable. Makes ya think, what is being done over here with that money.

Reactions: 2
I was just watching the TV news and there was a blast from LBC's past as Lucy Beresford was on to discuss the party at number 10.
Phew, that WAS a blast from the past, Redvers !!
If, I happened to turn on during Lucy’s Sex advice show, I was often left open- mouthed, haha.
I didn’t know she was into Political parties !!

Steve has always had a pre-arranged car, every working morning. Probably, arranged by Global.
He poodles back home by public transport, shopping and observing the GBP !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Phew, that WAS a blast from the past, Redvers !!
If, I happened to turn on during Lucy’s Sex advice show, I was often left open- mouthed, haha.
I didn’t know she was into Political parties !!

Steve has always had a pre-arranged car, every working morning. Probably, arranged by Global.
He poodles back home by public transport, shopping and observing the GBP !!
I’m sure Steve gets half his content is from the trials and tribulations of public transport.

Me and my friend often replay the Maplin rant on YouTube 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.