Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Is this guy for real? Calling out trolls and trolling? O'Brien is one of the biggest trolls in commercial media ffs. :ROFLMAO: Ok, he's log-rolling someone's book ... so again, I won't take him too seriously.
I am sure that Shelagh will calm things down.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Today looks to have been another success for Nick Ferrari. No doubt Gary listens every day so he can complain. Rather like those on the dark side.

Redvers36

VIP Member
I'm not sure he actually goes away that much, he's been talking about visiting Bournemouth for several years and hasn't managed it yet!

Yes I think he buys a new house every couple of years and sells it on. Nice way to earn a fair bit tax free, good job he's not the kind of person that complains about others dodging tax 😆
Isn't that rather like O'Brien and Scrambler Media?

neroli

VIP Member
I think Jobby's shrink must be on holiday and he's dumping all his angst on the listeners in the hope that they can solve his mental torment. He's already touched on public schools and privilege. He should save some of that for the Garrick Club discussion. I've switched off or I'll be suffering mental torment too.
I pity his wife having to put up with his ranting and raving. Mind you, she's quite keen on dabbling in psychobabble too and likes her "causes"...particularly lost ones.

neroli

VIP Member
Agreed it must be awful for those on the switchboard who have no power to change anything.

The people whining on X (Twitter) seem to know nothing about LBC as we know this is standard practice. So soon they will be asking where is Andrew Castle and Steve Allen? I jest but these silly self-important campaigns forget that for a boycott to be effective you need to have listened in the first place.

Are we all Ready For A Reckoning..Or will it be A Feeble Fizzling?
---
Agreed it must be awful for those on the switchboard who have no power to change anything.

The people whining on X (Twitter) seem to know nothing about LBC as we know this is standard practice. So soon they will be asking where is Andrew Castle and Steve Allen? I jest but these silly self-important campaigns forget that for a boycott to be effective you need to have listened in the first place.

Are we all Ready For A Reckoning..Or will it be A Feeble Fizzling?

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Turned on twice today, the nutters seem to have been let on. Both times it was some bloke moaning about not being able to use some sort of Retired Army Veteran's ID. Then that shouty Geordie bloke, screaming about it all being a Tory con, having to show ID. Headache inducing. It's almost as if these people want to deliberately cause a fuss.
You have to produce ID before they let you into our local dump.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
It is a good article. Not full of hyperbole. I'm sure she'll find a new broadcasting home soon. She's obviously well thought of within the industry.
I don't know, there's an ever shrinking pool of media outlets but an ever growing pool of gobshites, sorry 'presenters'. It's a bloodbath out there in media luvvie land right now.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I pity his wife having to put up with his ranting and raving. Mind you, she's quite keen on dabbling in psychobabble too and likes her "causes"...particularly lost ones.
I caught 2 minutes of him slagging-off Andrea Leadsom (again). :rolleyes: Click off.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Can’t agree. I think Frei is terrible. His interactions with callers are so awkward, especially when he’s running into a break. No idea how to elegantly draw it to a close. Unlistenable.
Well, like most hosts, Matt finds 'callers' a bit of a problem. Interacting with people outside of the metropolitan media elite (I hate that term, but you know what I mean) is a big downside of the job. Most hosts are ego-maniacs who just want to listen to the sound of their own voices or talk with other people they deem 'on their level', be it of perceived intelligence, schooling, or bank account. I don't think Matt is a natural radio host, but I wouldn't really hold that against him.

He knows his stuff on certain subjects and he's walked-the-walk in the broadcast media world. Compred to someone like O'Brien he's respected by his peers. Well, James is probably respected too, but only due to longevity ... a bit like an incurable auto-immune disease.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Saturday, for those tuning in, offers you Oli Dugmore, Matthew Wright, Paul Brand, Sangita Myska, Natasha Devon and Nick Abbott. 17 hours of anti Tory bile dressed up in one form or another. Swap in Lammy and Vorderman for Brand and Devon on Sunday, and you get 18 hours.

But yeah, LBC is balanced....:unsure:
Just as the print media is “balanced”? 🤔

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The truth is that she attracted very little interest.
I know someone who broadcasts and she doesn't give two fucks about her audience. It's all about exposure and the misguided wanton desire to be 'seen'. I don't mean to lecture y'all, but these people don't do it for the money (although the money is good).

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I was listening to another station today, going on and on about how their listening figures are huge, and it's the best it's been yadda, yadda, yadda ... surely people realize that the size of listening figures don't necessarily relate to the quality of the output. I think the most listened to podcast is probably still Joe Rogan ... not sure if you've ever listened, but he's a total meathead spewing conspiracy theories. It's total crap. :ROFLMAO: