LBC Chit Chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning & welcome to Mid-Morning Matters on North Norfolk Digital with me, Alan Gordon O'Brien...

I have a new friend......Chris Peckham..

Did you know that the Duke of Wellington had iron bars fitted to the ground floor windows of his house to repel bricks....hence the nickname Iron Duke.

More tomorrow...
*jingle*
break for news...
He could have saved himself the trouble and just moved into a gated community. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He's tying himself in knots now over who are the working class.
Sounds riveting. What's the topic for tomorrow? What is 'a woman'? He's always very coy when trying to answer that. I've given-up with this chump now and it's only going to get more Radio North Norfolk when Labour win. He'd do well to retire and give someone else a go, he's a very good run for a pretty average troll. He can focus on writing more phamplets for the hard of learning or get a Youtube Channel going for Novara Media.

Reactions: 2
He's tying himself in knots now over who are the working class.
He must go home mentally exhausted after every show.
Remember he also has one eye on his door bell webcam to see if a letter has arrived from the lawyers of Dan Wootton.
---
---
Imagine you stop off for a fry up so you can relax and..........Oh

Last edited:
For me the main positive for LBC remains Nick Ferrari and the breakfast news show.

I cannot help much with saintly Shelagh as O'Brien is the ultimate turn-off and if I do return to LBC it would be for Iain Dale. The problem with that though is that Iain seems to have lost his way.

There is some good news for you Phil in that you may get more of Vorders. As she has been attacking Dan Wootton again today and by the time his lawyers have finished with her she may well be looking for extra work.
I'm pretty much with you, Redvers. Nick Ferrari is first class at breakfast, pacey, punchy and polite with callers even when he disagrees. And he is generally reasonably fair to all sides of the debate except when he's grandstanding.

I also enjoy Andrew Marr's news hour which I listen to on catch up if busy at the time. The quality of the guests and content is always top notch. As I understand it, Marr spends a large part of his day in the Commons tearoom chatting to MPs and picking up useful stories and snippets, journalism from the ground up. It's a quality show.

Reactions: 3
Today's review of my O'Brien 5 minute listen.

Mentioned Boris Johnson twice in the first few seconds, caller on the line sounded very reasonable questioning why anyone would want to be an MP today. Two have been murdered, another attacked and another leaving Parliament due to his office being burned down and death threats received. O'Brien's contribution was to sympathise and include himself because someone once put his address on twitter

• Haha
Today's review of my O'Brien 5 minute listen.

Mentioned Boris Johnson twice in the first few seconds, caller on the line sounded very reasonable questioning why anyone would want to be an MP today. Two have been murdered, another attacked and another leaving Parliament due to his office being burned down and death threats received. O'Brien's contribution was to sympathise and include himself because someone once put his address on twitter
He seems to have changed his mind on addresses being posted on twitter.

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Ian P. and Nick F. both did a 'Trump or Biden?' feature and a surprising number opted for Trump. I must say I agree. Biden is the befuddled puppet of the previous Democratic administrations and is lurching even further to the left.

Reactions: 1
Ian P. and Nick F. both did a 'Trump or Biden?' feature and a surprising number opted for Trump. I must say I agree. Biden is the befuddled puppet of the previous Democratic administrations and is lurching even further to the left.
Biden isn't being treated the same as Trump in the legacy media sadly. Trump has made loads of mistakes recently when speaking yet none of them get covered or mentioned, Biden makes one and it's front page news. It's so dishonest. I don't listen anymore, listening to Trump being normalized by the media is bleeping sickening. Why do they do it? He's good for business, he's a bloody gameshow host ffs. :rolleyes:

Biden isn't being treated the same as Trump in the legacy media sadly. Trump has made loads of mistakes recently when speaking yet none of them get covered or mentioned, Biden makes one and it's front page news. It's so dishonest. I don't listen anymore, listening to Trump being normalized by the media is bleeping sickening. Why do they do it? He's good for business, he's a bloody gameshow host ffs. :rolleyes:
He's a seriously corrupt, unhinged sex pest.
The US economy is also very healthy just now with growth at over 5% but as long as people hear what they want to hear they'll keep on believing the political charlatans.

I have come to the conclusion that LBC like nothing more than creating and stirring up hate and divide. Listening to Ian P these last few mornings we have had heated disagreements re Israel/Gaza, Trump/Biden, Tory/Labour, Blacks/White etc. It really is quite wearing and I think LBC get a real kick out of stirring up so much vitriol.

Listened to a bit of Ben Kentish last night and he is saying he is "scared" if Trump gets in. He had on Sebastian Gorka who relayed a lot of things going in in USA just now under the Biden admin and how Trump will resolve these issues. In my opinion he really spoke a lot of sense, The mainstream media hate Trump. My hubby really likes Trump (he met him once) and reads an awful lot about American politics. My mum who does not have internet only listens to BBC and Sky News so is brainwashed into all the negative news about Trump and has never heard anything positive about him at all.

I also listen to Talk Radio probably more than LBC but they don't seem to create the divide that LBC seems to create.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.