LBC Chit Chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he would need his own personal show? 4-7 am weekends? To replace Odious Oli?

Good to hear Henry Riley this morning!

Reactions: 1
I think he would need his own personal show? 4-7 am weekends? To replace Odious Oli?

Good to hear Henry Riley this morning!
Don't even joke about it. Galloway is a truly appalling person. I don't think even LBC would stoop that low. 🤢

Yes it was good to wake up to Henry.

Reactions: 2
It is a rough day for Jimbo as he is going to get very wet waiting in this rain for the postman. Still it will save the embarrassment of having to open a legal letter from the solicitors of Dan Wotton in front of Lucy and his daughters.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He is isn't he. You know what I think? He'd be really good on LBC! How about Sunday morning? The Lammy and George Show? 😬
LBC have been there and done that. I'm sure he did have a late show at some stage for LBC a few years back. He even stood in for James.

LBC always try controversial figures out. George, Nigel Farage, Katie Hopkins ... it never ends well.

Reactions: 3
LBC have been there and done that. I'm sure he did have a late show at some stage for LBC a few years back. He even stood in for James.

LBC always try controversial figures out. George, Nigel Farage, Katie Hopkins ... it never ends well.
Don't forget Vorders...

Putting LBC on at 9.40 to see how rude Matthew Wright will be to Jeremy Hunt.
---
Blimey! He was very chummy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Haven't listened to a second of the weekend and looking at the schedule very much doubt I will

Just popped in to comment on the dark side, a call went out about a poster MIA, hey presto they pop up posting the next day. Almost as if they'd never gone away, just posting under another ID.

Haven't listened to a second of the weekend and looking at the schedule very much doubt I will

Just popped in to comment on the dark side, a call went out about a poster MIA, hey presto they pop up posting the next day. Almost as if they'd never gone away, just posting under another ID.
It's just a political thread under the guise of an LBC one.

On NIck A last night a caller was saying she was in a queue in supermarket behind Nick F. Sounded like she had a pleasant interaction with him and he shook her hand. Nick A always refers to Nick F as 'our dear leader.'

Reactions: 5

Reading that thread is like listening to a gaggle of kids slagging off their teachers, with the crude nicknames and constant references to their physical appearance. :rolleyes:

Reading that thread is like listening to a gaggle of kids slagging off their teachers, with the crude nicknames and constant references to their physical appearance. :rolleyes:
It hasn't changed then! I wrote to the editors and aked for my profile to be deleted as a statement that I wouldn't be back and I haven't been. It's such a shame because I'm a big fan of LBC and enjoyed debating different aspects of its programmes.
---
Like you, thewittowoo, I find more of the weekend programmes a turn off than a turn on these days, so choose carefully and use Global Player to listen at a time of my choosing.

My must listen to weekend show is Matt Frei on a Saturday morning which covers all of the big issues in an informed way with some excellent guests. This weekend that included Channel 4's very brave war reporter Lindsey Hilsum.

Second favourite is Rachel Johnson on a Sunday evening. She's a very good listener, always fair with callers and balanced in her views.

I know Carol Vorderman gets a bad rap on these pages, but I find her OK although I only listen occasionally.

Ali Miraj is also very good and seems to have escaped the graveyard shifts!

I miss Andrew Castle's Saturday and Sunday breakfast shows.

Let's open the floor to hear everyone else's turn offs and turn ons....we're talking LBC here :p!

Last edited:
It hasn't changed then! I wrote to the editors and aked for my profile to be deleted as a statement that I wouldn't be back and I haven't been. It's such a shame because I'm a big fan of LBC and enjoyed debating different aspects of its programmes.
---

Like you, thewittowoo, I find more of the weekend programmes a turn off than a turn on these days, so choose carefully and use Global Player to listen at a time of my choosing.

My must listen to weekend show is Matt Frei on a Saturday morning which covers all of the big issues in an informed way with some excellent guests. This weekend that included Channel 4's very brave war reporter Lindsey Hilsum.

Second favourite is Rachel Johnson on a Sunday evening. She's a very good listener, always fair with callers and balanced in her views.

I know Carol Vorderman gets a bad rap on these pages, but I find her OK although I only listen occasionally.

Let's open the floor to hear everyone else's turn offs and turn ons....we're talking LBC here :p!
Good post Phil.
Clive Bull is maybe my favourite on LBC, just a pity he's tucked away in the middle of the night, sharing the slot with Richard Spurr, who's a bit of a tit.
Agree about Matt Frei, a very good broadcaster.
I enjoyed the programme he did a few year's back for television - Berlin.

Matt Frei is a very strong presenter in my opinion. I like ian Payne and Rachel Johnson too. I only dip in and out of programmes and listen when I can but I definitely avoid the bitter and twisted Sangita Myska and Natasha Devon. I dislike Shelagh Fogerty too..Mother Superior incarnate.

Jobby is entertaining at times but boringly predictable at others and the faux sympathy/empathy gets my goat! He really needs coaching to help him tolerate other people's points of view without having hissy fits/putting people in Idiots' Corner.

His show started off with the childish 'Honest Bob' nickname of someone he disagrees with

Turned off

The only ones I make a point of listening to are Ian Payne and Nick Abbot.

I do like Clive but don't listen to him that often and I pick up a bit of Nick F and JOB if I'm out and about in the car. Matt Frei is great but is on the wrong time of the week for me

I used to quite like Shelagh and Iain Dale but have gone right off both of them. I can't be dealing with Sangita or Natasha and the rest, like Ben Kentish and Swarbrick, are so bland I actually forget they are presenters.

Long gone are the days when I had LBC on all day every day. I can go for days without listening to it now.

---

For me the main positive for LBC remains Nick Ferrari and the breakfast news show.

I cannot help much with saintly Shelagh as O'Brien is the ultimate turn-off and if I do return to LBC it would be for Iain Dale. The problem with that though is that Iain seems to have lost his way.

There is some good news for you Phil in that you may get more of Vorders. As she has been attacking Dan Wootton again today and by the time his lawyers have finished with her she may well be looking for extra work.

• Wow
Good morning & welcome to Mid-Morning Matters on North Norfolk Digital with me, Alan Gordon O'Brien...

I have a new friend......Chris Peckham..

Did you know that the Duke of Wellington had iron bars fitted to the ground floor windows of his house to repel bricks....hence the nickname Iron Duke.

More tomorrow...
*jingle*
break for news...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.