LBC Chit Chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may have been half asleep (!), but at 00:22 this morning, after the break I thought I heard the ident say “LBC with Steve Allen” instead of Ben Kentish! I don’t suppose anybody was sufficiently awake to remember hearing this? I would have thought they would have got rid of any promos relating to Steve.
obviously nobody else heard. It ☹. I would offer to download it and listen again, but as they cut the ads, maybe they cut the id‘s as well. Besides I just haven’t the time - waiting for someone to invent a 25 (min!) day!!

Another problem to add to the list of the man who wrote a book on how to be right.....
To think that James has the platform and the contacts to actually write something postive and of worth. It's pretty bleeping shameful really. A waste. Think of all the writers out there, desperate for a voice and who no doubt have talent, struggling to get their book published and James shits-out this sixth-form hateful wank abortion. It's so bleeping easy and lazy to write (broadcast) hate ... just check my own posting history. 😬

Reactions: 1
Bad news for Vorders and Maitlis this morning.
Jobby won't be pleased either. 😉
---
This all-black theatre evenings must be the silliest story they're done for a long time. Why not if it flogs a few more tickets? What would be really radical would be if they had the colour blind casting of which the luvvies are so fond and we had some white slaves in the mix. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This all-black theatre evenings must be the silliest story they're done for a long time. Why not if it flogs a few more tickets? What would be really radical would be if they had the colour blind casting of which the luvvies are so fond and we had some white slaves in the mix. :rolleyes:
I'm never comfortable with this kind of segregation. I really don't think any good comes of it. I don't want to sweep anything under the carpet or stifle debate. For some, especially in the US it's still very raw. It was within our lifetimes segregation was still in force. Im actually not sure if it's genuine or just to muster up some controversy.

I'm going to go a bit extreme here to prove a point. Imagine if there was a play about Enoch Powell and The Rivers of Blood speech. For a couple of nights we are going to have a white only audience so they can discuss it freely in a safe space. Not happening is it?

It's all part of this 'minorities' don't go to Glastonbury bollocks. No they don't cos they're not stupid enough to want to go and hang out in a muddy field for 3 days. You won't find a lot of white middle aged people at a drill gig either.

Sorry, all a bit OT but it winds me up.
---
It's odd that a legacy character like Steve doesn't have a fixed home on The Street. He hasn't for a long time.

Maybe he'll get together with Jenny and be back in the pub.

Reactions: 4
The biggest social problem I see in Britain is class! Seeing a council estate tenant at a theatre is probably rarer than seeing a black person. I heard a black lady on the radio and she said she enjoys the theatre and I know I'm making assumptions but she sounded middle class, as are most theatre goers.
Same with F1 sports and anything that costs money than the average person can afford.
Never mind working class, what about lower class? Those that aren't even working that are probably using food banks. Let's give those people the same opportunities as the privileged in society.

Reactions: 3
It's odd that a legacy character like Steve doesn't have a fixed home on The Street. He hasn't for a long time.
Maybe he'll get together with Jenny and be back in the pub.
Just want to point out this part of my post was in error ... Getting my LBC and Corrie threads confused. 🤣

Ferrari told caller Dan that he couldn't handle the truth, then played a 30sec clip of a courtroom scene from A Few Good Men.
Before that it was fake eyelashes in schools
😂
This George Galloway result has sent people nuts

• Haha
Ferrari told caller Dan that he couldn't handle the truth, then played a 30sec clip of a courtroom scene from A Few Good Men.
Before that it was fake eyelashes in schools
😂
This George Galloway result has sent people nuts
The first 10 minutes of O'Brien was insane. Had to click-off.

What did 'Dan' say?

The first 10 minutes of O'Brien was insane. Had to click-off.

What did 'Dan' say?
That George Galloway was brilliant, despite having made homophobic & anti-semitic comments in the past, which Ferrari highlighted.
Nick drowned out the caller playing a scene from A Few Good Men at high volume 😁
Surreal

Last edited:
  • Haha
George Galloway will be like the cat that got the cream today.

Jimbo though has yet another problem. He assured us that it was the Corbynites who were the source of anti-semitism in the Labour party so can he explain how such an anti semite became the Labour candidate for Rochdale?

George Galloway will be like the cat that got the cream today.

Jimbo though has yet another problem. He assured us that it was the Corbynites who were the source of anti-semitism in the Labour party so can he explain how such an anti semite became the Labour candidate for Rochdale?
James doesn't give a toss, not really. The more political chaos the more material he'll have for his next great work. Apparently George is going to turn-up to parliament on Monday hand-in-hand with Jezza. :rolleyes:

James doesn't give a toss, not really. The more political chaos the more material he'll have for his next great work. Apparently George is going to turn-up to parliament on Monday hand-in-hand with Jezza. :rolleyes:
Galloway is so performative. The only thing he cares about is promoting himself. When he turns up they should all make cat sounds. 😼

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Galloway is so performative. The only thing he cares about is promoting himself. When he turns up they should all make cat sounds. 😼
I actually thought Sunak was going to declare the result of the by-election null and void or something when he came out just now ... instead it was just waffle telling everyone to be nice. Yeah ... good luck with that, there are a lot of pissed-off people around (for a variety of reasons) ... Geri Horner top of the list I imagine. 😬

Larry the resident No10 moggy will see him off but prepare for territorial spraying and plenty of spitting.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.