LBC Chit Chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It took me a while to warm to Simon Marks. I really like his 10 min bit on US politics. Partly because unlike most presenters he's grown-up enough not to push any agenda one way or the other.

ps. Steve will be joyous, It was last episode of Steph McGovern's Woke Lunch today. :LOL: Although I have a feeling she'll be back ...

Reactions: 1
It took me a while to warm to Simon Marks. I really like his 10 min bit on US politics. Partly because unlike most presenters he's grown-up enough not to push any agenda one way or the other.

ps. Steve will be joyous, It was last episode of Steph McGovern's Woke Lunch today. :LOL: Although I have a feeling she'll be back ...
He's a free-lancer Simon Marks, pops up on various outlets.
I agree, he's concise with no bullshit.

Guto Harri on. Nice soothing Welsh voice. First caller: "I've called a few times before" ... Harri: "Well, you're the expert, I'm just the novice". Yeah, pull the other one mate. Given he is a 'communications expert' he's clearly a bleep. Like a Welsh Cummings. This is no doubt his audition for greater things .

... proper nutter on the line between 0435-0445, missed her name but she apparently stood against Boris in Uxbridge. She was fixated by how unclean the world was and how we're all going to die soon either due to nuclear war or another pandemic. I mean, she's probably not wrong ... but not the first thing I wanna hear when I wake up. :LOL:

Reactions: 2
My first experience of Guto Harri. He seems pleasant; no particular bias, or axes to grind; listens to callers and engages with them. An improvement on recent occupants of the show. Oli back tomorrow. ☹

Oh no....I was surprised by how much better GH was than the odious Oli but he'll be lulling listeners into a false sense of security in view of his "history", I suppose

Obviously haven't heard a minute's output with it being a weekend, but a call to Myska's show has popped up on my timeline. She's ignorant, rude, patronising, divisive, big headed and all round nasty.Utterly vile.

Obviously haven't heard a minute's output with it being a weekend, but a call to Myska's show has popped up on my timeline. She's ignorant, rude, patronising, divisive, big headed and all round nasty.Utterly vile.

What a bleeping bizarre clip. Odd woman.

Found myself nodding along to this

The derangement of James O'Brien - spiked (spiked-online.com)

Beautiful summary

This silly, one-note narrative is tedious enough when he monologues versions of it at the start of his radio shows. But when it’s stretched out over 350 pages of pompous and hysterical prose, it’s near enough unreadable. It amounts to a tale not of ‘how they broke Britain’, but of how Brexit broke James O’Brien’s brain.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Beautiful summary

This silly, one-note narrative is tedious enough when he monologues versions of it at the start of his radio shows. But when it’s stretched out over 350 pages of pompous and hysterical prose, it’s near enough unreadable. It amounts to a tale not of ‘how they broke Britain’, but of how Brexit broke James O’Brien’s brain.
Oh dear....Another one for Idiots' Corner. Thick As Mince etc..

Geezus, that photo of him, with the beads on his wrist. I hope to god that's a wind-up ... middle-aged men who wear that shite really grind my gears for some reason. :LOL:

I read the review and it just sounds like the book is aimed a people who aren't very well educated but have an interest in politics. I haven't a problem with that insofar as it might lead them to more grown-up works of political insight. Here's hoping!

Last edited:
Will that be good enough for Our Hero though? I hope there are no more unnecessary plugs for it this week..particularly if Nadine's effort is outselling his!

Ooh! It's Cuban Tony, raving about Cuba! Haven't heard him for ages. Welcome back Tony. :D
Cuba? What the duck has Cuba got to do with anything? I'm afraid to ask. :LOL: Oh .. .wait ... let me guess ... people arriving on boats. duck, when are we going to move away from that topic. Keep us informed! I won't be bleeping listening.

Cuba? What the duck has Cuba got to do with anything? I'm afraid to ask. :LOL: Oh .. .wait ... let me guess ... people arriving on boats. duck, when are we going to move away from that topic. Keep us informed! I won't be bleeping listening.
You're evidently not familiar with Our Tony! He's been a regular on LBC for many years. He loves Cuba. According to him it's paradise; prosperous, full employment, shops stuffed with everything the population need. He said this morning he's been there 17 times. Makes you wonder if there's another Cuba, possibly in his head, because my friend who went there last year came home with empty suitcases after giving most of her stuff away to the maids in the hotel.

James sounds morose and is being extra unpleasant whilst not letting callers speak. It all makes for wonderful radio. Switchy-off.

James sounds morose and is being extra unpleasant whilst not letting callers speak. It all makes for wonderful radio. Switchy-off.
I'm surprised he hasn't picked up on the speculation in some papers advocating a Boris/Nigel coalition. His two favourite targets in one story! 🤩

• Wow

Beautiful summary

Actually it will be worse than that for Jimbo as one bit will gnaw away at him.

" A combination of moderate intelligence, "
---
How is it possible for James to be extra unpleasant?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.