LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how or why CV is taking up so much room on this forum but here's my contribution:
Because LBC is so boring at the moment.

James discussing shoplifters yesterday. I'm sure some people are genuinely struggling and if I really thought someone was shoplifting some nappies or baby formula for their baby, they'd have my every sympathy but seeing as most are just opportunist scumbags they can get in the bin. It doesn't help that the big supermarkets will not pay for proper security. At my big Tesco there is usually one security person and it's a slightly built woman. I saw a 20yrs old lad running out of there like the clappers recently carrying 4 bottles of champagne and a member of staff asking her why she hadn't stopped him!!

During Covid they hired some proper security to keep the queues in check. Obviously club bouncers/security who couldn't work. No one messed with them!!

Reactions: 3
I don't know how or why CV is taking up so much room on this forum but here's my contribution:

View attachment 2442755
Partly my fault....

Although she is being referred to a fair bit by Brian and Marina Purkiss.

They have to find new heroes and heroines as their previous ones ( Jack Monroe. Carole Cadwalladr and Jolyon Maugham ) end up on the best not to mention list....

Reactions: 2
A certain scottish person will be very,very angry tomorrow. Up earlier to heckle Ferrari and troll people (often female) all day on twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
EXCLUSIVE October 8 1973 LBC started broadcasting. October 8 2023 it will be 50 years old (although not the original LBC !).

From the Head of Global Customer Support (he hands out trouser braces!!) " The LBC team are working behinds the scenes to celebrate LBC at 50! Stay tuned listening to LBC and keep an eye on the website at lbc.co.uk for the latest news. "

Reactions: 5
EXCLUSIVE October 8 1973 LBC started broadcasting. October 8 2023 it will be 50 years old (although not the original LBC !).

From the Head of Global Customer Support (he hands out trouser braces!!) " The LBC team are working behinds the scenes to celebrate LBC at 50! Stay tuned listening to LBC and keep an eye on the website at lbc.co.uk for the latest news. "
Great idea. It would be a hollow farce of nothingness though if a certain ex presenter isn't invited

Reactions: 5
Jobby: 'Ooh, we like Carol Vorderman.'

Me and (I'm guessing) a lot of listeners: 'Speak for yourself, mate.'

Clicky off.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Jobby: 'Ooh, we like Carol Vorderman.'

Me and (I'm guessing) a lot of listeners: 'Speak for yourself, mate.'

Clicky off.
i tuned in for PMQ's and there was a caller who seemed to be stuttering and unsure of himself and James piled straight-in: "Have you rung-in by mistake? You seem confused" ...

"No," came the timid reply, "I'm just very nervous, I've never called before".

duck me James is a bleep. I think the bloke was actually trying to agree with him aswell ... about, ironically, the police being told not to be 'nice'. I just clicked-off at that point.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.