LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s rugby day today 82 thousand fans, can’t wait,late kickoff as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I managed half an hour of her this morning. She is simply appalling. LBC either underestimate their listeners' intelligence, or simply don't care, to employ such a terrible presenter. The little girly voice spewing out bile and hatred for the Government; the casual dispensing of things she's read or heard without checking the facts; the lack of engagement with callers. She mentioned Sunak's 'bulging property portfolio'. (2 houses + No. 10) She should have a look at the Blairs' investments while he was in office.
nasty no personality and rude. I didn’t know they were actually allowed to tell listeners how they vote, I mean we can guess but she full own was trying to sell the Labour Party. Please LBC do better.

Reactions: 3
nasty no personality and rude. I didn’t know they were actually allowed to tell listeners how they vote, I mean we can guess but she full own was trying to sell the Labour Party. Please LBC do better.
I don't think she actually has any political views, the only view she has is whatever view is fashionable right now with her peer group. So bleeping tiresome.

• Heart
I have been following the Supertanskii thread on here. Firstly if you look take care as she is quite a nasty piece of work.

But in the course of it there have been posts showing that both Tan and Marina Purkiss voted Tory.

Make of that what you will....

Reactions: 1
I have been following the Supertanskii thread on here. Firstly if you look take care as she is quite a nasty piece of work.

But in the course of it there have been posts showing that both Tan and Marina Purkiss voted Tory.

Make of that what you will....
I have no idea who Supertanskii is ... sounds like a desperate jobless attention-seeker.

I have no idea who Supertanskii is ... sounds like a desperate jobless attention-seeker.
Some one called Tan Smith. I've no idea who she is where she's come from but she seems to pop up in Twitter timeline occasionally as @Supstanskii spouting anti Tory stuff.

I think this says it all. Like trying to debate something with a toddler

• Haha
  • Heart
I didn’t know they were actually allowed to tell listeners how they vote, I mean we can guess but she full own was trying to sell the Labour Party.
BBC presenters have to be impartial at all times. LBC presenters are allowed to express their own opinion on matters. Except at election time, when they are not permitted to make party-political statements.

Her parents must have been fans of Stingray...https://stingray.fandom.com/wiki/Marina

• Haha
Tbh I think a lot of radio presenters take on an identity while they are on air and they know how to get their audience to call, to keep listening, to engage. Some are very subtle though and it's seemless.
That marina though comes across as very unnatural and she reminds me of Priti Patel in the way she acted as a villain while she was in her home office role.
As someone said she is playing a role,a persona.

I think this says it all. Like trying to debate something with a toddler

I managed about 5 minutes of her appalling show this morning and she was bleating about her interview with JRM. When she played it I couldn't believe how rude, unprofessional and childish she was. It was cringeworthy to listen to and she is so deluded she thinks it was a brilliant interview on her part.

Reactions: 6
she is so deluded she thinks it was a brilliant interview on her part.
That's the problem when you live in a bubble of bullshit and surround yourself with people who hold similar views. Those of us who live in the real world and have an actual real job get a much more rounded view of life. Imagine if you went into work with Marina's attitude ... or James', you'd get your head kicked-in after about a week. Well, you would were I work. :LOL:

• Haha
That's the problem when you live in a bubble of bullshit and surround yourself with people who hold similar views. Those of us who live in the real world and have an actual real job get a much more rounded view of life. Imagine if you went into work with Marina's attitude ... or James', you'd get your head kicked-in after about a week. Well, you would were I work. :LOL:
Plus you'd have no one to talk to. Imagine if you went through life ignoring everyone who you disagree with or who has a different opinion to you.

Nick A was a doing an O'Brien the other night when a caller was talking about dinghies and how migrants use them to cross the chanel. For some reason Nick decided to be really obtuse and was all 'do they? How do you know they only use dinghies?' ... because Nick, they're not using a P&O ferry are they :rolleyes: ...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It seems as though Marina has influenced Andrew Castle as here he is being praised by her podcast partner.

They are obviously hoping that their followers are too dim to recall all their tweets and messages about him being a Tory w*nker. Colin from Windsor must be all discombobulated as he never misses a minute of Andrew's shows.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.