Lauren Goodger #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot to unpick in the article, and as usual contradictory statements. This is what I’ve gleamed from it:

• Lauren wanted a home birth with the midwife that delivered her first child;
• We are unsure if this midwife is a private one or NHS;
• The Naked Doula (Emma) was not mentioned and neither was the birthing pool in the context of being used at any time;
• The article states she called the hospital when her waters broke on 6th July (not her midwife) who advised her to stay at home under midwife supervision because of risk of infection;
• Her midwife visited on 6th took both their vitals which were fine. Lauren was not worried as she felt her birth with Larose was “textbook”;
• She stayed at home on 7th July, her waters broke again which she said might indicate the baby becoming more engaged and therefore the cord compromised but “there was no distress and she had a strong heartbeat”. It is not clear who came to this conclusion or how - Lauren or midwife monitoring and how they were monitoring;
• On 8th July Lauren breastfeeds Larose and this brings on contractions. Tamzin (midwife) comes over and cannot “feel her heartbeat” so calls an ambulance;
• Lauren is taken by ambulance to the hospital where she gives birth in a private room;
• She says she is told Lorena had a low heart rate and was attended to by 10 doctors. She also says she thought they’d found a heartbeat but they hadn’t;
• The hospital’s statement reads: “Lauren was brought to our hospital in an ambulance after her midwife was unable to detect a heartbeat during a home birth, and despite the best efforts of our staff, sadly we were unable to resuscitate Lorena.”
• So Lorena was not born alive and Lauren is having an autopsy to understand why. So at the moment she doesn’t know that Lorena was a “healthy baby” as there may be some underlying condition that was not spotted or could not be known, or her death may have been caused by complications of a prolonged labour not spent under constant medical supervision.

It’s obvious that certain parts of the account are confused probably because of the state that Lauren would have been in at the time - for example thinking there was a heartbeat but there wasn’t, the 10 doctors working on Lorena (seems a bit high to me). I think The Sun don’t help with the way it’s written either.

As others have said, the idea that the hospital would have allowed her to go 2 days after her waters initially broke without asking her to come in, particularly at 40+ weeks seems strange to me. She wasn’t under constant supervision by a medical professional if Tamzin was her only support so I’m unsure how the regular monitoring could have been done.

I wonder if the answers given by the autopsy will give her the peace of mind she craves.
Don’t normally comment on this thread but I do enjoy a read lol,
i don’t know about the rest of it , but with my first there was at least a dozen doctors in the room with us as my eldest was struggling during birth. Mine was prem though :/
I don’t particularly like Lauren and I think the wiki is spot on but she’s probally right about the number of doctors usually if there is a problem you’d think (and hope) a ton of doctors run in. As much as im
Not a fan, can’t help but feel for her. Nobody deserves to lose a child :(

Reactions: 10
Todays thread moved real fast, you lot have kept it very interesting. I haven’t read any of her articles properly yet but one thing that stood out (apart from it sounding really horrific and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone) was the shallowness of it which I guess shouldnt really surprise me. When she’s says “ I won’t know what she looks like when she’s one month and I won’t know what she looks like when she’s one year old” etc. I thought it would be more like im so sad I won’t get to see her walking down the aisle, or I won’t see her take her first steps. Or I won’t be able to cuddle her when she cries. Or when she first says mummy. But all she came out was with I “won’t know what she looks like” 🤷‍♀️ Goes with how she’s said she is petite and has nice skin tone. Nice skin tone????? Seriously that’s what you want reported on?? That’s what I took from it anyway. Found it very odd.
i guess thats why she filters her daughter slim now and changes LaOrses skin tone.
I thought the same when I read that , it was all about looks 😩😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I know who this is. They've been mostly quiet on here lately? I also have them on ignore originally from another thread. This person is the only one I can think of on tattle, who has a fan club.
Don’t want to create intrigue but no, they’re not quiet on here, they post on the daily. There are regular comments about how people like their style/content, may have even been one today.

When their mouth gets them in trouble they double down or play the victim. We clashed a while back, I’m sure the dislike is mutual and we have probably blocked each other so carry on in blissful ignorance.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am no fan of Lauren, but I don't agree that she shouldn't be posting about her daughter, or about her being made-up, with hair done.

I lost my last child, just before birth. I very nearly died giving birth after my uterus ruptured and they couldn't stop the bleeding. I wished they hadn't saved me at the time.

Despite the hole in my stomach, blood draining grief, I wanted to talk about her. I wanted (hoped) that eventually someone could help, someone could make it alright. I needed to talk and turned, mainly to MN and other forums to do so.

Despite my grief I had my hair cut and coloured before her funeral (which was an effort in itself as it wasn't a simple caesarean to recover from, as I'd had extensive surgery on uterus, as well as 4 units of blood and 2 of plasma.

I wore make-up to her funeral. I even managed to read a poem I wrote for her at it. I then became 'manic' (I have bipolar), when it was expected I'd become depressed.

There is no rhyme nor reason for how I acted...I just needed to shout it from the rooftops. I needed her to be known.

I'd never felt grief like it before, but two years ago I felt the same hole in the stomach feeling when my little brother died suddenly.

My dad died last year and I've been far more restrained and in fact feel numb more than grief-stricken. As if I cannot allow myself to feel that level of pain again.

As I said, I'm no fan of Lauren and she always was an attention seeker, but I won't pile on her for how she behaves right now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Don’t normally comment on this thread but I do enjoy a read lol,
i don’t know about the rest of it , but with my first there was at least a dozen doctors in the room with us as my eldest was struggling during birth. Mine was prem though :/
I don’t particularly like Lauren and I think the wiki is spot on but she’s probally right about the number of doctors usually if there is a problem you’d think (and hope) a ton of doctors run in. As much as im
Not a fan, can’t help but feel for her. Nobody deserves to lose a child :(
That’s fair enough - I have no direct experience of being in that position so happy to bow down to others. I could easily imagine there being 10 medical staff in the room, I just found the idea of there being 10 doctors available unlikely and wondered how many of them could realistically help at any one time.

Reactions: 9
These doulas (particularly Instagram influencers) have a lot to answer for.

I had two miscarriages before falling pregnant with my eldest. It was a stressful pregnancy at the start as I was so scared of losing him and then at the end I was desperate to get him out as I was convinced he was dying. I did everything I could to make him come (he did at 39+4) but he was super small and my placenta was in a really bad way. It was basically dying. Thankfully he was okay, I was lucky.
I have a friend who is full term with her first baby - she follows all these Instagram doulas and she posts daily about how she repeatedly declines sweeps and inductions (shes having daily scans so they must be worried about something), and it turns my stomach. It’s all well and good talking about women being born to birth, but when the tit hits the fan, it’s medical science that steps in to save the day!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That’s fair enough - I have no direct experience of being in that position so happy to bow down to others. I could easily imagine there being 10 medical staff in the room, I just found the idea of there being 10 doctors available unlikely and wondered how many of them could realistically help at any one time.
Yeah I know what mean it does read strange I think it all doesn’t make any sense really. I really hope she isn’t lying about something as serious as this, but then again it’s Lauren probs is.
Yeah we had a fair few not sure if they were all doctors or what there titles as such were but a lot in the room all trying to help. It was panic stations luckily our baby was fine.
I am trying to catch up with this thread , I just can’t get my head around the articles why is there so many so soon it just doesn’t make sense to me :/

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Cats. I tapped out at bleeping cats. And Sunday dinners that rivalled fray bentos on the rancid scale.
Wasn't who I thought. Gotcha. Think that's when I took a longer break from Loz threads for a while - I do that with any thread that veers off-topic and gets too small talk-y (usually they get tidied up or someone throws a strop).
I am no fan of Lauren, but I don't agree that she shouldn't be posting about her daughter, or about her being made-up, with hair done.

I lost my last child, just before birth. I very nearly died giving birth after my uterus ruptured and they couldn't stop the bleeding. I wished they hadn't saved me at the time.

Despite the hole in my stomach, blood draining grief, I wanted to talk about her. I wanted (hoped) that eventually someone could help, someone could make it alright. I needed to talk and turned, mainly to MN and other forums to do so.

Despite my grief I had my hair cut and coloured before her funeral (which was an effort in itself as it wasn't a simple caesarean to recover from, as I'd had extensive surgery on uterus, as well as 4 units of blood and 2 of plasma.

I wore make-up to her funeral. I even managed to read a poem I wrote for her at it. I then became 'manic' (I have bipolar), when it was expected I'd become depressed.

There is no rhyme nor reason for how I acted...I just needed to shout it from the rooftops. I needed her to be known.

I'd never felt grief like it before, but two years ago I felt the same hole in the stomach feeling when my little brother died suddenly.

My dad died last year and I've been far more restrained and in fact feel numb more than grief-stricken. As if I cannot allow myself to feel that level of pain again.

As I said, I'm no fan of Lauren and she always was an attention seeker, but I won't pile on her for how she behaves right now.
I can relate to being manic after periods of trauma - I haven't suffered as you have - but I imagine Lauren won't be in her right mind at all. You're impulsive and not thinking calmly, rationally. It's almost like being in continual emotional pain, except it's your mind in agony - asking What If, reliving memories and asking what you could have done differently, trying to make sense of your new reality.

It's actually quite sick to think of someone being manipulated by a PR team or whatever to remain relevant (I know most won't agree with me, but it's only guesswork on my part). I know someone said Lauren mentioned the word "relatability" so she isn't totally un-conscious about what she's doing.

It really is selling your soul to the devil.

I've never had babies but I have directed some maternal instincts towards my youngest brother (big age gap) but I'd be going off on my own tangent!

Reactions: 12

Do we think it’s possible Lauren could suffer with a similar mental illness? I think there’s different levels of Bipolar now (sort of like a spectrum?) it would sure explain her behavior!

Reactions: 5
Looong time lurker here. Just wanted to share my experience and how drastically it “could” have went wrong had I not taken correct advice. I had my show and had leaking, no massive gush but I was concerned as it was a regular trickle. I called triage who said to expect a gush. But something was telling me it was my waters, albeit slowly. I was told when I made third call over a 12 hour period, that they HAD to tell me to come in to get checked, so I did. I was told if it was my waters I could wait another 12 hours before I should be induced due to risk of infection but strongly suggested I be induced then and there even if I wasn’t sure if waters had gone (they never checked, they actually said they wouldn’t, I’m not sure why, they said they wouldn’t check unless I was agreeing to an induction 🤷🏼‍♀️)
I thought I’d rather be induced than risk infection. So I was induced. I’m not going to lie it was horrific. It was FINE, bouncing on my ball, until my midwife went on her break. Another midwife came in and cranked the fucker up and despite coping previously with the drip. I was then sparkled, on the bed, spewing over myself 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣. Anyway!!! Almost 62 hours from show and first sign of waters, I wasn’t passed 3 cms and so rushed for emergency c section and he was trying to come out face first and he had a bruise across his forehead and an awfully flat forhead from the pressure of not going anywhere but the force of the contractions pushing him down. He would never have came naturally. Had I not been in and induced early I was told things could have gone differently and was all a mad rush toward the end. Both of us in 5 days with antibiotics. I had a slight temp. All was good.

RIP Lorena 💕
I’m so saddened but also as expected, Loz isn’t creating awareness, only confusion and potential worry (please don’t be worried expectant tattlers) and to all the mama’s who have angel babies, sending you love and strength 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't have children and personally don't have interest in having any so I really am not clued up about childbirth or pregnancy. but this thread has taught me so much about pregnancy/childbirth and thank you to people sharing their stories as I (stupidly) didn't realise how not one pregnancy and birth is the same and how difficult it can be. I am a bit ignorant. I just want to say sorry to anyone feeling triggered or upset about what's happened to poor Lorena x

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Looking at her Instagram it’s like every other publicised event in her sad existence where she desperately spends the day sharing posts she’s tagged in to fuel her sick, narcissistic need for attention. It’s the death of her own newborn daughter! Not a bloody birthday or product launch🤬
I thought this too. One article would be bad enough but two?! That’s two outfits, two make up looks etc so soon after she’s lost a baby. Other celebrities that have lost babies announce it and then step away but not Lauren 🙄

Reactions: 14
I have been on the labour wards before where the emergency buzzer goes and all available staff run to wherever the woman / baby is in need. & would imagine that there could well of been 10 members of staff. 10 doctors maybe not though as they don’t normally have that many assigned to the wards for the rounds.

Reactions: 16
There’s no way there be 10 doctors, there’s usually 2-3 at work max. But 10 medical staff easily done.

Reactions: 14
@Clickbait - apologies . Just spotted it was yourself who did the summary of what has gone down. Apologies for not tagging you correctly earlier 🙂

Reactions: 7
I sat my GCSEs the week after losing my Dad. Wore a nice dress, make up for his funeral and read a poem in front of 300 people. Had drinks at his wake (I was a bit of a nightmare as a teenager, until this point of course) & laughed at stories of his youth.

I later learned about the 7 stages of grief. The first one is shock/denial.

"1. Shock & Denial
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. The shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks."

I'm not excusing her, and I do find the pouting pictures holding momento's of Lorena very odd. But I can also understand a need to keep 'business as usual', fill her time, keep busy, as the alternative is a very very deep dark hole. Which she likely will fall into at some point, she's just trying to avoid it as best she can for now.

My mum was very business like the day after my Dad died, she had to drag him off the bed onto the floor to give him CPR until the paramedics arrived, but he had already died. This was at midnight. By 9am she had made a list of everyone she needed to call, things that needed arranging. She didn't truly break down for ages.

Being in the press, trying to make a buck is her living. I'm pretty sure she lives hand to mouth, as someone else said, I'd hate to see her bank statements. Maybe even she finds this too soon but she has bills to pay.

I'm not excusing her. But I will say, from the opposite spectrum, Louise Thompson suffered the 'most traumatic rare birth ever', and is lucky to have a healthy boy, but won't say what happened (her right, of course, but is using the speculation for content for 8 months now) - as someone who was pregnant then, her drip feeding trauma without details sent me into a Google frenzy trying to find out what else I needed to worry about, and ended up worrying more. BYG has at least given details, maybe disjointed, her version, but at least it could put to bed some fears maybe, instead of allowing plenty of speculation. She could've done a Louise and dragged it out for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Giving her the benefit of doubt for the different stories on her potentially being in shock and not taking all in but selling these stories to multiple outlets is disgusting, you want to share your story to help others tell it on IG not the rags, and don’t be dangerous and tell a version that suits the narrative.

What happened should’ve put everything into perspective and money wouldn’t even enter your head at this time.
Sharing the hand/foot prints is very early ( she’s only got a few things of Lorena ) me personally I wouldn’t want to share it with the world and I hope she doesn’t regret it.

@NinaStar90 I’m only a newbie on here but stay strong, I always tell my daughter it doesn’t matter how many times she falls once she gets back up ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Clickbait - apologies . Just spotted it was yourself who did the summary of what has gone down. Apologies for not tagging you correctly earlier 🙂
No worries. I know many people won’t entertain reading articles from certain publications. Plus posting content (like OK articles) helps drive down traffic to her articles.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.