Lauren Goodger #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never posted on these threads before because I haven't followed her since her TOWIE days. I really hope she gets the support she needs, this is every parent's worst nightmare. To get full term without complications and then for this to happen is unimaginable. I know SANDS, the support charity stillbirth and neonatal death have a very good support network. It's just going to be a case of getting through minute by minute for her right now 😢

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Just heard the devastating news about Lauren’s newborn baby. Poor woman. I hope she has a strong, compassionate support network around her. Neonatal death is a terrible tragedy and the grief is made worse if there’s no cause.

My friend’s little boy died aged 4 weeks, sudden infant death syndrome, no underlying illness.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I didn’t mean to speculate but I did wonder this. She was also quite obese which probably contributed to high blood pressure. I know she was hoping for a second home birth, so I did consider whether she tried for that and her midwife then insisted on going to hospital due to no progress. I understand the appeal of a home birth, but there’s very little means to actively monitor woman or baby during labor. Saying that, Lauren alludes to both her & baby being fine during & after, so potentially SIDS or perhaps an infection or undetected heart condition? - but I would have expected a photo of Lorena alive, so maybe she did pass during labor and Lauren just hasn’t had the ability to word it correctly given her understandably fragile state of mind.
This is a horrible vile comment, you are assuming because of her weight or IF she had a home birth caused this. Could you not hold off commenting on a public forum things like this when we don’t know the full story. Losing a child is the worst thing anyone will ever go through but no mum should ever blame herself or have blame pointed at her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
You wouldn't speculate about the reasons why a newborn baby died to someone's face - if you did you'd probably be cast out socially. Personally I would let Lauren explain or not explain, as is her right. Sometimes there are no real reasons why these things happen.

To add to the terrible emotional pain they will be feeling right now, it really shouldn't be about apportioning blame. (Can call it wondering out loud all you like, but Lauren's weight is something she's personally responsible for, so yes, it does sound like playing the blame game). Plenty of "obese" mums give birth to children.

Also querying Lorena's photo (!!) is downright ghoulish! People astonish me with their insensitivity sometimes.

Reactions: 48
This is a horrible vile comment, you are assuming because of her weight or IF she had a home birth caused this. Could you not hold off commenting on a public forum things like this when we don’t know the full story. Losing a child is the worst thing anyone will ever go through but no mum should ever blame herself or have blame pointed at her.
Have you actually read my previous comments? I haven’t once accused her of being at fault or even insulted her once regarding her loss. Many people speculated that her weight could cause problems with her pregnancy & labor, and expressed concern that her doctors had allowed her to get to the size she was without intervention. It is a fact that lifestyle choices & high blood pressure can and do cause stillbirths. We also have people assuming STRESS caused the death of her baby, maybe go jump on them for their actual fact-less comments?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I lost my step daughter four years ago and seeing my partner go through that and having to tell friends and family… wouldn’t wish it in anyone ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Awful news, and I agree with most other posters that whilst I am not her biggest fan, I would never have wanted this for her. My thoughts go out to Lauren, Charles and Larose.
RIP Lorena 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m sorry but some people on this thread, how rude and disrespectful. The majority I have read are lovely, kind words but then you got the minority speculating about a child’s death and trying to say she was overweight etc. Don’t you think that poor family is going through enough without her feeling she’s too blame? Honestly some people!!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’m sorry but some people on this thread, how rude and disrespectful. The majority I have read are lovely, kind words but then you got the minority speculating about a child’s death and trying to say she was overweight etc. Don’t you think that poor family is going through enough without her feeling she’s too blame? Honestly some people!!
Sorry, but, it was fine for us ALL to mention her weight whilst pregnant, but somehow unacceptable now because she’s sadly lost her baby?… We ALL expressed concern for unborn baby & her own health with the recent photos in the blue outfit… It’s really very natural to speculate & wonder about things, it would be entirely weird to not question certain things. I even mention that in Lauren’s wording, it makes it seem like Lorena was born healthy & alive, and died after.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Sorry, but, it was fine for us ALL to mention her weight whilst pregnant, but somehow unacceptable now because she’s sadly lost her baby?… We ALL expressed concern for unborn baby & her own health with the recent photos in the blue outfit… It’s really very natural to speculate & wonder about things, it would be entirely weird to not question certain things. I even mention that in Lauren’s wording, it makes it seem like Lorena was born healthy & alive, and died after.
I get where you’re coming from, it is natural to wonder but this isn’t the time to comment and leave a footprint about it behind. I haven’t read the previous threads, I don’t believe you should body shame anyone really but that’s each to their own. But at the moment speculating something so raw and something that has literally just happened is a bit inappropriate, I bet Lauren is blaming herself at the moment. This comment wasn’t just to you, I’ve seen a couple of comments speculating on what it could be, either way, an innocent baby has passed and until we know the details, If we ever do, it’s not our place on here to discuss what could have happened to her.

• Heart
I understand we're all shocked by the loss of baby Lorena and wondering what happened. But speculating about what happened is wrong, her baby sadly died.
We don't need to know anymore at this stage, I'm sure Lauren will say more when she's ready

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Have you actually read my previous comments? I haven’t once accused her of being at fault or even insulted her once regarding her loss. Many people speculated that her weight could cause problems with her pregnancy & labor, and expressed concern that her doctors had allowed her to get to the size she was without intervention. It is a fact that lifestyle choices & high blood pressure can and do cause stillbirths. We also have people assuming STRESS caused the death of her baby, maybe go jump on them for their actual fact-less comments?
I commented on that particular post of yours were you DID speculate if her weight was an issue or did she have a home birth, and you also quite sickly questioned the photo she used. Wind your neck in this isn’t some private WhatsApp between mates this is public were not only the grieving parents can read but also their families and more than that there is pregnant woman on this and could easily be mums who have gone through similar reading these nasty posts.
Majority of mums in these awful situations blame themselves wrongly so they certainly don’t need others also pointing blame at them.

Also you & others have zero idea what her doctors advised her during her pregnancy. Being obese doesn’t always cause high blood pressure so that’s another assumption

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't normally post in this thread but I've just seen the news and wanted to leave my sympathy for them both. So heart breaking 💔

Reactions: 10
This is very very sad news, what makes it worse is that many people in the public eye love showing off pregnancy belly's, OK! shoots etc....then when something unfortunate happens they ask for privacy (which is understandable), sometimes I think just go through the pregnancy/early days privately.....same thing happened to Zara Philips announced her pregnancy then following day suffered a miscarriage, nevertheless her pain must be unimaginable 😞

• Angry
Because it’s trying to apportion blame after someone has lost their child. Inappropriate at best and sickening at worst[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I haven't posted in here before but I came across the threads the other day. Seeing that Lauren has lost her baby is absolutely tragic, it's every parents worst nightmare, no matter what anyone thinks of her, she did not deserve this. No one does. My heart breaks for them both 😥

• Heart
I’ve literally just read the news. Absolute heartbreaking.
Despite what a lot of people think. On tattle we’re not a heartless bunch of trolls.
Genuinely shocked at the news. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is very very sad news, what makes it worse is that many people in the public eye love showing off pregnancy belly's, OK! shoots etc....then when something unfortunate happens they ask for privacy (which is understandable), sometimes I think just go through the pregnancy/early days privately.....same thing happened to Zara Philips announced her pregnancy then following day suffered a miscarriage, nevertheless her pain must be unimaginable 😞
Why should anyone have to hide their pregnancy away in case the worst happens? So ridiculous

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.