Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eureka

VIP Member
Did no one ever tell her it’s tasteless to talk about money. She says she doesn’t like the speculation but still brings it up all the time. I don’t think it matters what ITV pay her, it’s their money, I just think it’s really crass to highlight it at a time when people are really feeling the pressure financially.

Reactions: 16

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Why did we need to see that 2 second clip of her crowing along to Grease on gogglebox and how long did it take the absolute saddo to find it? Bizarre carry on. In love with herself doesn’t even cut it

Reactions: 16
How LI can justify re-booking her for another year is beyond me. She clearly has a lot of good connections and relationships among the ITV production team, but surely the fact that the public consensus was she’s useless / charmless / stiff / unlikeable is a more important factor than the fact that people like working with her?

Like sure, a degree of scrutiny is the norm in a high profile gig like this, but take the likes of Maya Jama, even Holly W etc - the public sentiment is nowhere near as bad as it is with Laura. I’ve yet to detect a fan base for her - where is it? Who would watch ANYTHING because she’s in it? If anything she drives audiences to switch off.

Reactions: 15

ny_style

VIP Member
Never posted here before but I’ve said for years that she has THE most slappable face on telly. The constant smirk is so off putting.

Eureka

VIP Member
Her Glastonbury experience so far looks aptly clinical and contrived. Imagine seeing a helicopter arriving and it’s just her in it 🙄 I bet she has a strict FUN itinerary longer than the act list as well. She comes across very highly-strung and as someone with those tendencies it’s very off-putting for most people, but she doesn’t seem to do much self-reflecting. She’d be better as a host for a housewives reunion show.
She’s so desperate to come across as cool but it just falls flat. Everything is so contrived with her. There’s a real 90’s ladette vibe to her that doesn’t really work when your a thirty something married mum in 2022.

McQ1989

Oh that triggers me. Jacinda Ardern is a goddamn boss and I salute her for being honest about her limits and having boundaries with work and standing up for what is right for her and her family. I've been burned out and kept pushing beyond my limits in the corporate world and this completely inspires me to see a powerful woman follow her own truth and not bowing to pressure.

What doesn't inspire me in even the tiniest way is The Shitmore skipping merrily into a dead woman's shoes that she pretended was her "friend" because the dead can't defend themselves, in a job that she would proceed to be utterly sh1t at and then jumping before she inevitably would've been pushed and pretending it had anything to do with her integrity. The woman can't go a day without insta posting 4x selfies of herself in various poses, she'd have stayed in LI til she was 40 if the pushback and online resentment wasn't real. She quit and made a sweetheart deal with ITV to be able to save face and tell the press it was a creative issue rather than a her-being-useless issue.

Narcissistic pleb.
Well said 👏

Key difference is that Jacinda made it very clear how excited she was to spend time with her daughter, whereas Whitmore will literally travel to anywhere in the world without her's, even at Xmas and New Year it was all about her mates and the pub.

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
Yeah hes punching looks wise or so some people may think. I personally think she's ugly as she has a ugly personality.
The inner ugliness always finds its way out. I bet she reminds Iain frequently that he’s lucky to be with her, she strikes me as that type.

happygirl4699

There’s no way he’d ever leave the Love Island gig willingly. Laura would never let him leave either, it’s the only thing that keeps them relevant (in Laura’s mind anyway)

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
The desperation is strong with her this week. Throwback photos of her in her underwear feeling ‘sexy’ - it’s not really a compliment when you’re bigging YOURSELF up, Laura 😂

Then hinting at a second book, and a bunch of mirror selfies plus the hourly theatre photos.

Her content is going to drop off a cliff next week when her stage career ends

Eureka

VIP Member
Oh God another TV presenting job for Laura 🙄 are they trying to make her ITVs version of Stacey Dooley?!?! 😡

Laura Whitmore takes on a series of controversial issues in immersive, investigative films for ITVX, which will see her using her journalism skills to reveal new insights on each subject.

What’s ITVX? Is it some kind of catch up service or Netflix style subscription channel?

Ok so Google was my friend. It’s a catch up service. Wow, she wants us to think she chose to leave LI to do a space filler on a catch up service. That’s where careers go to die.

• Haha

MavisWilton

The self promotion is mortifying. Almost 12k insta posts, of which 99% are pictures of her modelling, pouting, smirking, performing into the camera lens. Who even has the time for that level of posting? She has a team now but she’s always posted prolifically, obsessively and exclusively photos with her as the central focus.

I think she’s bolstered by the negative comments and press she gets because it’s more clout to her “misogyny”, “haterz be gone”, “no-one can change your life except for you” tirade. She’s incapable of any level of self reflection or introspection whatsoever - like maybe your complete lack of depth or empathy or consideration for anyone else but yourself makes you totally unrelatable and alienating to the general population? Nah, has to be the haterz and the gutter press / misogyny that killed Caroline (I stole her job and pranced around gleefully and her family hate me but whatever), jealousy, no-one likes to see a strong woman succeed, blah blah. Absolute clown
God, I completely agree. The sheer number of photos of herself she posts is mortifying. Yes, it’s her Instagram, she can post what she likes, blah blah blah, of course she can. But as someone with a very public profile, who’ll flog literally anything for a buck, it’s difficult to avoid seeing her completely. All I think when I see a profile like that is how *incredibly* vain that person must be.

She strikes me as someone who will really struggle with ageing, as she gets so much of her self-worth from her looks. How could anyone argue otherwise, with 12k pictures of herself on her Insta? Even Kim K, possibly one of the vainest women in the public eye, has 5600 posts.

It just seems like an exhausting, meaningless way to choose to live your life.