Laura Whitmore #3 As dry as a crisp sandwich on brown bread with no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve no doubt some of what she’s facing is a step too far - we’re not privy to her inbox - however the storm Laura is currently facing is 1. cumulative 2. been coming for a long time 3. a textbook case of ‘chat tit get banged’

And no one will be more convinced of Laura’s victim status than Laura herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
shes defo not racist thats so stupid. people will respect her more if she just stays away from instagram and gets some help

Reactions: 6
Why on earth is she promoting Peace Day?? The post of her face alongside the executive director of Greenpeace and a children's activist is just so ludicrous!

Who is organising this thing?? "I know who we'll invite to promote Peace Day- that visionary of peace in our times, @thewhitmore"

LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think her personality would not allow her to look at her own behaviour. She truly loves herself and is aggressive and super confident. And wherever she is she believes she has the God given right to be so I bet she has no self doubt. She sees herself as beautiful, assertive, multi talented and a super brain and only jealous bullies would think otherwise. She will quickly bounce back from this love island thing and rewrite the narrative as it could never be down to her. There's no humility there at all.

Reactions: 23
She will most certainly spin this backlash in her favour.

I can see her appearing on loose women or something in a few months talking about how she was the victim of online bullying when she was at her lowest ebb and struggling to balance motherhood with her career.

Then there will be the new book to promote. All about empowering women.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I don’t know.. I think a lot of people are done with her. She’s tainted now and a bit of a laughing stock. I reckon she’s done

Reactions: 10
She displayed unconscious bias with Faye/Kaz and then again on the reunion and her reasoning behind Kaz not being on the sofa. That doesnt just fall on LW though, the producers have to answer for that too.

Reactions: 13
It’s not enough to be not racist especially people in positions of power. We have to be actively anti-racist. So it’s a shame on everybody in the Love Island team with a seat at the table who did not speak up to say ‘why aren’t we interviewing the 4th place couple on the sofa as we have done in previous years? What is to be lost if, for example, we do a shorter interview with Liberty from her seat instead?’ For optics if nothing else. That’s definitely not on Laura’s shoulders alone but she is the host so it’s going to come her way.

And no we don’t know how it all went down in planning but I think if the sofa had been declined by K&T, Laura would have been super quick to say that. I hope ITV address it properly for everyone including Laura’s benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
When she got the LI gig me and my mum were really buzzing for her. There’s a thing about being Irish isn’t there that you like to see Irish people do well. We didn’t know much about her to be honest, she just seemed a pretty and happy girl…

Winter LI was dreadful. I put it down to the passing of Caroline and the pandemic gathering momentum etc. 2020 was off on a whole even from the start.
But this series and just ‘her’ this series has been DREADFUL. The tiktok dancing, the lopsided lip curl, the eyebrow flick, the open mouth - she’s so CRINGE !!!!!!!!! I dunno if these looks worked for her when she was younger but it’s all very forced / awkward to watch as a viewer when she’s giving dead air but a sultry camera look. Awful.

Reactions: 21
I’ve no doubt some of what she’s facing is a step too far - we’re not privy to her inbox - however the storm Laura is currently facing is 1. cumulative 2. been coming for a long time 3. a textbook case of ‘chat tit get banged’

And no one will be more convinced of Laura’s victim status than Laura herself.
She is a prime example to people in the public eye of how not to conduct yourself. Her punching down of that journalist was competely out of proportion and out of order. She was daft to think the media would not have her cards marked for that and would be biding their time. Of course she has made it too easy by being awful at her job and awful on SM.
She would do well to think of her saying 'if you attack islanders I'll call you out' stance as that is exactly what has happened to her with the journalist/media.
Attacking the media is a fool's game. Might not be fair but it is true. You need to be so thick skinned and/or at the top of your game you can be prepared for the inevitable backlash. And she really is neither.

Reactions: 19
With the Kaz & Tyler interview - I genuinely think a good host would step in and say "hey, this interview would work a lot better if they were up on the sofa with me so I can chat to them properly". I doubt Laura's a shrinking violet and scared to say anything to the production team. Dunno if it was the camera angle but the setup looked weird and Laura seemed to be awkwardly half-turning herself to face them. They managed to wheel Lillie out for a sofa interview with Millie and Liam so I'm sure they could have done the same with Kaz & Tyler.

But that aside, it just shows she's not cut out for the job. She simply cannot connect with people and 99% of people on this thread and elsewhere have pointed out how cold and wooden she comes across, and the islanders have slated it to duck. Hardly a ringing endorsement. All she has done since the reunion is paint herself as the victim and doesn't want to take any responsibility for doing a shite job. Would it be so difficult for her to say "actually yeah, it was awkward and I'm going to work with the producers to make the next series better" - not that there's likely to be another series for her though.

Reactions: 22
I thought the comment about having a large glass of wine before the show was hilarious.

Almost as if she was excusing her poor performance due to the fact that she was tired and tipsy.

I'd love to try that in my job and see how my employers react!

If ITV do let her go it will be interesting to see what angle she takes.

Will she stay true to form and go on the defence? Will she seek out legal advice to try and sue for unfair dismissal? Will she claim that there is an agenda against her because she is a mother?

Reactions: 15
I’ve just been sat here thinking how fake her accent sounds. Like a ‘ahhh how are ye lads sure bejaysus
Twill be grand’ type of thing going on.
googled Laura Whitmore 2010 and the first video to come up is her on MTV in 2010 and a very much relaxed normal Irish accent lol has she tried to use being Irish as a gimmick ??

Reactions: 11
I’ve just been sat here thinking how fake her accent sounds. Like a ‘ahhh how are ye lads sure bejaysus
Twill be grand’ type of thing going on.
googled Laura Whitmore 2010 and the first video to come up is her on MTV in 2010 and a very much relaxed normal Irish accent lol has she tried to use being Irish as a gimmick ??
It’s the “how are yas?” that does it for me. I don’t know anyone who says that? She definitely over eggs the accent, imo. Smacks of being a plastic paddy

Any chance we could start a petition to get “your wan off the telly”
😁😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
It’s the “how are yas?” that does it for me. I don’t know anyone who says that? She definitely over eggs the accent, imo. Smacks of being a plastic paddy

Any chance we could start a petition to get “your wan off the telly”
😁😆
Hahaha not sure but certainly a befitting new thread title ‘Laura Whitmore: get yer one off the telly”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
For me it's that she never owns anything or apologies - she's always on the defensive. Backing yourself is one thing but sometimes you just have to admit you've misjudged it. It's always someone else's fault - the journalist, the producers, the big glass of wine..

Does anyone remember what happened with the British army thing, what LW said about it? That was the first time I was like omg what an idiot! I just couldn't believe it.

Reactions: 12
I think she's doing a good job of showing that there's good reason to take maternity leave! Time for a break before trying to have it all completely ruins her career...

Reactions: 21
I have to give her some credit that she has done the impossible and united Fiat 500 Twitter and Black Twitter on social media in regards to Love Island to get rid of her. No mean feat *chefs kiss*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I have to give her some credit that she has done the impossible and united Fiat 500 Twitter and Black Twitter on social media in regards to Love Island to get rid of her. No mean feat *chefs kiss*
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what is "Fiat 500 Twitter" and why is it called that?? I have seen it mentioned A LOT on here but still none the wiser as to what it is!!

Reactions: 3
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what is "Fiat 500 Twitter" and why is it called that?? I have seen it mentioned A LOT on here but still none the wiser as to what it is!!
basically all girls that love Molly Mae or any generic love islander like her, probably Liberty this series.These girls defend MM till the day they die, presumably drive a Fiat 500. Can usually find them on Twitter arguing with someone about MM defending her

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.